Oguri Yui (Yuiyui)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    you should be thankful that yuiyui still helping AKB keep relevant in general public by mentioning the group's name.

who doesn't?

probably she got a new character as a yankee in the next dorama

• Like Like x 1
  3. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Lol now you've got me imagining an AKB LOTR drama where Team 8 are the hobbits or something. And Yukirin would play the role of wise, old Gandalf :lol:.

Well that explains 2022, but what about 2021 and 2020 before she was acting in dramas like Aka mentioned? That's what caught my eye.

Sorry to focus on a technicality, but from what I've seen usually when popular idols get roles in movies/dramas it pretty much benefits only them, it doesn't really bring any benefit to their idol groups (and obviously I'm not talking about group dramas like Majisuka Gakuen etc). In fact most of the time they scored those acting roles because they were popular and promoted idols in the first place (the drama gains cross-promotion benefits and a viewership boost by putting a popular idol in it), so it's actually more the case that AKB helped Yuiyui's acting career not the other way around. Not just picking on Yuiyui though, it's just a general pattern. In fact I feel like that holds true for most fully 'external' activities that idols go into, though there are exceptions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. trippy

trippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuzuha Huge-O
    whats so great doing theater anyway?
    idols job is not about theater but about appealing to male (and sometimes, female) lust about anything that get them going.

1 PB cover more than 200theater /year.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I do think it goes both ways. Acchan was part of dramas as early as 2008, maybe before that (I remember this because she was missing on AKB48 1ji59fun due to schedule conflicts with a drama), and I'd argue AKB48 wasn't really famous yet back then.

That being said, AKB48 has often been called a stepping stone into the entertainment industry. Considering the fact that some fans actually want members gone when they reach a certain age, I don't blame the members for seeing it as a temporary position either.

Things are changing lately with girls staying much longer. Yukirin obviously is a record breaker, but Acchan herself graduated at 20 because she felt that was the cut off line for idols at the time. They called Ohori Megumi and Noro Kayo "old ladies" and "grandma" back in 2008, when they were both 25 years old. I can't really imagine anyone doing that to Okabe Rin and/or Ma Chia-Ling, who are both 25 now, and nobody really looks at them that way. Yukirin does get called grandma here and there, but she is the only AKB member ever to reach 30+ in the group.

So with that I hope that AKB48 will be considered an actual career for some girls and not just a stepping stone; but if that is how some girls see it, I think we can only blame those fans who want young members and tell the 'old' ones to graduate already.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Yui is a member of AKB48 no matter what some may think.
    She is because she signed a contract 9 years ago, a contract which has been renewed a certain amount of time since then.
    No one knows what is in the contract or to be more precise no one out of AKB48 know and has to know. THe persons who are the most aware are Yui herself and her employer.
    Does it contain a mandatory amount of theater performances ? AKB48's history shows that it's not. An age limit ? (see above).
    For sure there's a behavior rule, but yet again we don't know what is exactly set in stone.

So who are we to try to impose any requirements ?
    Us who are just spectators, not even in contract with the group and certainly less with the girls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    [​IMG]

I don't agree entirely with this. If I lose interest in one idol I can just move to another one or, even better, I could do something better with my time. But an idol without fans is absolutely nothing and those fans can choose whoever they want. "But she doesn't need fans to be an actress". Well, yes, if you want to be a shitty actress. Especially in Japan, popularity comes first, more than talent and being the right cast for a character. I mean, Hirate as Asirpa? What a joke. But they want people to watch the movie...
    If they bring together the best players in the world but the club doesn't have fans it will still be a minor club. MCU without all the million of retards wouldn't be the MCU as we know it. And when they treat fans as a spectator who has to accept whatever they're given it usually flops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mae813

mae813 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    Lol. So this is what you all were saying when she said she wanted to join NiziU? As a regular listener of this show, yes, the guys in this radio are just doing this to mess with Yuiyui so Mana is right. And they always do those "friendly teasing" to her. So I didn't think much of it when I listened to it back then and so did most Yuiyui fans. If that was sourced, then the statement she made in the same radio show saying she would pick "staying in AKB longer over getting an asadora lead role" should be noted too then. I guess that says a lot about her affection for the group? Especially since her dream for herself in the future is to get an asadora role.

Well, Yuiyui herself is very persistent on transmitting AKB name to people who get interested to her through her dramas. She usually talks about AKB with her co-stars too and she promotes AKB now to them, which is a nice little gesture for me. I do want her dream of being a successful actress to come true. But right now, she herself says being idol and AKB member is something she loves doing more than anything.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Her photobook was at the very beginning of the year so she worked on it in 2021, and she had other regular TV works before 2022 even if it wasn't dramas, she was busy.

I don't think Yuiyui is getting these roles thanks to being in AKB... it's more like her agency is doing a good job promoting her. and Yuiyui being in non-AKB dramas is good publicity, for herself and for the group. it makes AKB relevant if the members can still appear in different TV shows and dramas. She also has "AKB48" attached to her name so her solo activities are promotion for the group. and if she gets new fans through these works, those people will support her as AKB member too, so it helps the group. it definitely doesn't "only" benefit her.

Yuiri is kind of a special case because she always put the theater as her priority, it can't be compared. it's not just Yuiyui but any other senbatsu member is not as dedicated as Yuiri for theater performances. and although she's senbatsu and does photoshoots etc., Yuiri is not regular on TV shows or playing in dramas, so it's not the same situation as Yuiyui at all.

• Like Like x 2
  10. nigamushiotoko

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    every members did their best to promote the group
    yuiyui with her acting gigs
    berin and honda with their tv show appearances
    kuranoo with her youtube channel
    gyoten and onishi with their daily SR
    shitao with her underwear
    and nagi with her supernatural power

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

That's right. Those are Yuiyui's fans, not AKB's fans. It's pretty clear when you see Hii and Nako had no impact on their groups' sales.

Yuiyui said she wants to contribute to AKB by being a popular actress. Her logic is that if more people find out about actress Oguri Yui from AKB, then people will also find out about AKB and become fans of AKB. However, her logic is flawed because those fans are her fans, not AKB fans.

Have we ever seen popular members' fans translate into AKB fans? NONE. Just look at Nako and Hii, it's crystal clear.

Yuiyui brings absolutely NO interest from the general public. I know this is not the best indicator, but Yuiyui has 145K followers on twitter (and 220K on insta) and Yuiri, who lives in theater, has 164K on twitter. Even Hii with 1.4M on insta fails to attract fans from general public for AKB. Yuiyui was also ranked 6th in online voting, lower than Mogi.....

I understand if the girls want to become actresses, models, seiyuu through idol career, but if you are not doing your duties as an idol, you deserve to be criticized, especially if you got a super push like Yuiyui.

After all, Yuiyui wanted to become Mayuyu 2.0, but miserably failed.

12. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    It's pretty hard to find anything from Hii on Twitter with the tag チーム8. You have to search her name. When she leaves they will forget AKB ever existed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

There is a preview for the drama "Papa to Musume no Nanokakan" -

if the video does not show watch the video here

it's getting a lot of attention since it's a remake of a popular drama!

Yuiyui looks so cute at the very end :cute:

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

Since there was a talk about followers on social medias, it reminded me, the other day I checked the followers of AKB members on Instagram and I was happy to see that Yuiyui is #3 in followers among 48G members. #1 is Hitomi with 1.4 million, #2 is Yukirin with 509k, and #3 is Yuiyui with 220k. She's doing great <3 and she always posts nice photos. Her IG here :3

• Like Like x 2
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    But she is doing the job, you are idealizing way too much on only 1 activity.
    Just try to count her apearences on magazines, TV shows, various shootings (more or less clothed), press interviews, etc. Theater performances are not all end in AKB48, or else it would be well known. (too many past exemples again).

Did she ever said that or was it a management gig ?

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Yuiyui's oshimen was Paruru. One day Mayuyu woke up and suddenly she was crazy about Yuiyui and Yuiyui crazy about her. Just like that.

=======================================================================================

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................
    https://twitter.com/toppa_ntv/status/1550053768208588802
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    =======================================================================================
    https://twitter.com/drama_streamtbs/status/1550077347801341952
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1550077278117253120/pu/vid/720x1280/9sbI3PRhy8G46ufC.mp4

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  16. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

• Like Like x 4
  17. nigamushiotoko

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    hs result says otherwise

funny because I'm into 48G because of sasshi's dorama

can't blame mayuyu for that

18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I just watched this subbed video too, on YouTube [hehe]

if the video does not show watch the video here

She said everything that had to be said. I never doubt her love for AKB <3
    Here's the original upload with japanese comments, they're all praising her!

About this, I don't think it's too weird... it kinda reminds me, if I remember well, Paruru said back then that her oshi is Mayuyu but their relationship in the group was pretty much normal and they didn't become close, Paruru became close with other seniors like Tomochin, even Sasshi... it happens. Maybe Yuiyui's favorite member was Paruru but once she joined AKB, they didn't get close (or didn't have the chance to), I don't especially remember Paruru/Yuiyui interactions. Meanwhile Yuiyui was liked by Mayuyu and Sasshi so it's possible that she ended up loving them the most after actually knowing them. and while some of it might be promo from management, I don't think it was all forced. if I remember, Sasshi mentioned Yuiyui not long ago on Twitter, Yuiyui mentioned Sasshi and Mayuyu during an interview recently, and there was a online talk report this year where Yuiyui said that she keep in touch with Mayuyu, they sent "happy birthday" to each other. I don't think there are a lot of juniors in AKB who keep in touch with graduated senior members or still mention each other, so this means something.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sorry, Mana, but no... Just no! For starters, Yuiyui didn't change her oshimen after joining AKB. When they went to Hong Kong she was very clear that Paruru was her oshimen, period. But that's doesn't even matter, what matters here is Mayuyu choosing Yuiyui has her successor by herself. Let me be clear here: Yuiyui never mentioned Mayuyu, Mayuyu never mentioned Yuiyui. NEVER! Until the day Mayuyu announced her graduation, and after that AKBINGO!, news articles, etc. started the narrative of Yuiyui being Mayuyu's successor, not only that but being picked by Mayuyu herself. And why? It's simple, goddamn it's not the first nor the last time AKB does something like this and for some reason people are stil gullible as fuck: they wanted to keep Mayuyu fans in AKB. And who better than their newest ace to absorb those fans?
    Like I said, the TV shows, the magazines, the VTR when Yuiyui was singing, that's prime AKB bullshit, the in your face they do so often. It never felt natural. How could it be natural? I doubt those two even had any serious interaction before the succession story. The only loli Mayuyu ever cared about was Nako. Now that was Mayuyu being herself. "AAAAAH NAKOOOOO!". When Mayuyu likes someone for real she has no problem showing it: France from Hetalia, Takarazuka, the tall girl from SKE, that girl from their Team A who end up doing gravure, Nako, Pompompurin. What about Yuiyui? Nothing, zero, niente. In fact, the idea of Mayuyu taking the initiative of telling the staff that she decided on a successor sounds so absurd. Mayuyu, of all people.
    She did what AKS asked her because she wanted the best for the group. Had she graduated a bit later and her successor would be Moeka.
    Never believe in any of these publicity stunts.

EDIT: It reminds me of Renacchi's senbatsu songs. You know, those songs whose senbatsu were choosen by Renacchi herself. Meaning that Renacchi was the one who picked Yuiyui as the center of the second song. Years later, Renacchi admited on AKBINGO! that she liked Kurena instead. But hey! I'm sure it was Renacchi who selected the members! cough cough

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

well, my comment wasn't really about the successor title, it's true that they do this all the time, like for Acchan and Paruru (during Acchan's graduation concert) or Yuko and Miion (giving Heavy Rotation center to her) which are obviously all management decisions, same for Yuiyui being Mayuyu's successor, it's all promo. I don't really care about that anyway, no one is the successor of anyone lol but it's a good way of promoting and I guess it kinda works.

My point was about the fact that now in 2022, they still keep in touch or mention each other, not just Yuiyui and Mayuyu but also Sasshi who also talked about Yuiyui at that time without any successor story. So while the whole successor thing was unnatural, but I don't think it was fake that they both like her or else they would have ignored each other now, years later.

I remember watching that show (or it was a livestream) of Mayuyu, Sasshi and Yukirin on a ship, and at some point they started talking about Yuiyui and praised her, it wasn't at an AKB show or an event watched by lots of people, just a normal relaxing talk with each other, and they weren't forcing the promo/praises, it felt natural and simple. Mayuyu definitely didn't act the same as she did with Nako (who was a literal kid), but it doesn't mean she didn't care at all for Yuiyui. it definitely started with management linking them from promo but if they still keep in touch now years later... I guess Mayuyu did start caring for her (after) and the praises weren't all just for the camera.

But well yes, the successor thing is a publicity stunt lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1