1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

OH CANADA where are you s48 members?

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by gyan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

I have been noticing an increase in Canadian members in this board so i thought i would like to create this topic for 2 reasons:

1) The main objective somehow gather enough people to persuade ANIME NORTH or even FAN EXPO guys to try inviting AKB or Warota or NO3B or Frenchkiss or any other group affilliated in the future. (since they are working on world domination)
    2) If there is enough interest in some kind of meet up in the future just for fun.

Yes i read that quote about someone significant coming to anime north i myself laughed as well lol. But I realized that even though anime north is fan run It is actually larger than many conventions in the USA so that's something going for them. fan expo is sponsored so they might have the budget to invite if enough interest is made. I mean if all else failed at least we tried maybe make new friends. But i only wanted to bring the issue now cause AKB is so busy they schedule stuff in so much advance.

So post if this applies to you lol.

2. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    HI SUP I'M HERE

Well DID YOU SEE THE GUEST LIST FOR ANIME NORTH THIS YEAR? What I remember of it was a Spanish band and a Japanese wrestler. [speechless]

Anywyas I think everybody should try to get Warota to come to a convention here.
    ...I mean,
    ...Not because Mayu's in it >_> *not trying to be selfish, honest*
    They're relevant since they did an anime ending and there's only 5 girls as opposed to 16. So I mean, if they can't bring a team-sized group of AKB, they should bring Warota. :^O^:

3. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Hey, Canadian here :)

I'd love to see AKB or any related group come to Anime North/Fan Expo. That would just make my life right there :D I actually emailed them about it well before this years convention, but never even got a reply of any kind. I think if we actually want them to show some interest in even trying to get AKB here, we would need a ton of people to write in, or at least that's how it seems.

Edit:
    I live in Peterborough, Ontario. it's about an hour or so from Toronto.

4. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

I emailed about four different people working for AN about it this year, and one of them replied to me saying it'd be hard because a group that big would be expensive, etc. Wendy and I have been talking about trying to bring Warota to AN '11 a lot, for the reasons she stated. We've talked about sending emails and/or letters as early as this summer, to get the ball rolling and show how much we want this. If anyone else here would also send emails or letters about Warota, or even AKB again, that would be amazing!

I honestly believe that there's a better chance of bringing Warota here than a larger group of AKB members, simply because of the size. And they're more relevant to a convention than no3b because of the anime ending, so yeah. I feel like we'd get a much better response suggesting someone like them. A few years ago, I saw a Japanese band signed to avex called ZZ play at AN; they were five members PLUS all of their instruments. Warota just need mics, costumes, and some flags. XD

If they'd think about it and give us the opportunity to do so, I'd even fundraise for AN just to bring AKB girls here. I can't get myself anywhere else to see my girls, so I'll do whatever I can to bring them here.

As for the congoers, they'd eat them up, because they eat up basically whoever you put in front of them. A bunch of cute girls singing cute Japanese songs, one of which is the end theme for an anime that we've seen played at at least one convention here in the last year (Dot Con)? The AN kids would be totally supportive and into it. Warota and AKB could probably gain some new Canadian fans.

For what it's worth, Wendy and I live in Toronto. XD If we've got a thread for Canadian members, we might as well mention whereabouts we live here, unless anyone feels uncomfortable with specifics of course.

5. taiyaki

taiyaki Kenkyuusei

I agree with the Warota thing, but even that would probably be pretty difficult. AN just isn't that big, despite being the largest in Canada.

As for Canadians, I figure most people will be from Ontario, with fewer from BC.

6. immo

immo Kenkyuusei

I highly doubt AN could get them, but Fan Expo would be a different thing since they're pretty big...

We've all basically agreed that they should come to Toronto, right? lol.

Oh right, I'm from the suburbs outside of Toronto. So... lets just say Toronto. I actually don't mind meeting up with people cuz then I can talk about AKB48 stuff without people telling me to stop talking about AKB48. hahaha

7. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ Well I don't know. Fan Expo gets a lot of big guests, but since anime isn't its only focus, I always wonder how willing they'd be to consider idols as musical guests. Then again, you never know. In a couple of weeks they've got everyone coming from the voice of Shinji on Eva and a million other notable aniem characters to Carlisle from Twilight (who is pretty). James Marsters, someone from Star Trek again, I think, the guy who played Chewbacca...they can afford some pretty big names. I don't know, Anime North just sounds like a better fit for idols, to me. But they can afford less, so...

8. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I'm all for it; trying to bring just a sub group of Akb, though not sure sure about Warota since it is a five member group, and since money seems to be the issue No3b or french kiss would both suit it since they both have done an ending for an anime. But i've never heard of fan expo though, where do they usually hold it?

9. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    ...You've never heard of Fan Expo? ._. wat. It's next week at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. It's like the biggest nerd convention in Canada, or at least, I'm assuming so. (Comics, sci-fi, anime, gaming, horror.)

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/

Also I'd never heard of either of the anime the other two subgroups did songs for. :^O^: But I'd heard of Fairy Tail a lot. And they showed it at Dot Con, like Julia said. ...And then we jumped up and did the dance for Kanpeki. :l

10. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    No3b Tane = Anime ending Tetsuwan Birdy decode
    French Kiss debut song = Anime ending Major

11. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

former canuck... and i don't see enough "Eh" in this thread lol

they could just bring Team Dragon and everyone will win... Dragon Ball Kai + Majority of Super Senbatsu + Toronto = WIN!!!!

This would be another reason for me to visit Canada again, aside from family lol.

12. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    ^
    ^ No I mean I hadn't heard of them before they did songs for the shows. I know what they are now.

13. bou-j525

bou-j525 Kenkyuusei

Where and whenever AKB come to Canada, I'll be there ! But how can we convince them to come here ? I think they don't even know that they have many fans in Canada. And Team dragon would be a great idea since dragon ball is a "classic". And like they are all part of senbatsu, they could sing their songs too ^^

14. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

That'd work.

(Obviously I want Warota the most because I'd be crushed if Wendy got to see Mayu in person and I didn't get to see Nacchan. XD But I'd take anyone I could get, obviously.)

15. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^
    ^
    Well, Mariko once came to Toronto for her Omokiri pon segment or whatever the show was called.

16. bou-j525

bou-j525 Kenkyuusei

Really ? Stupid me, I didn't see it/heard about/know about it >_<
    Right, Mariko. Now, bring someone else and make sure I know it xDD But except Yuko and Takamina :chuffed: , I would like to see Mayuyu too ^^ Seems like I know her a lot more than before so I like her more too :D

17. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

Even though I am...really really not into Mariko, I am STILL kicking myself for not being downtown when she was. I am literally at the intersection she stood at EVERY WEEK. The fact that an AKB member was there and I missed her still kills me. XD

18. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Funny thing about when i saw that segement, because i didn't realize they had country segments on the show and the side bar spelt Toronto as Tronto i didn't realize that Mariko was in Canada until i saw that particular intersection of Toronto, plus then afterwords she was checking out Niagra Falls which completely reaffirmed my assumption.

19. immo

immo Kenkyuusei

Yeah... Mariko's one of my favourites. :(

I dunno. Lots of fans in Canada or not, I'm sure American fans will make the jump across the border to see them too.

20. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Oh you better believe I'd make my way up there. B-)