1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

OH CANADA where are you s48 members?

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by gyan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    There's this place i recall in Ottawa called The Anime Shop maybe the clerk can give you some kind of deal on Japanese Cds if you ask, although probably not, when i went to AN last Sat the dealers room had all kinds of merchandise, but hardly anyone was selling CD's.

2. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Yeah true, I literally spent the whole day looking for AKB stuff in the dealers room, couldn't find anything even related though :cry:

I think the only AKB related thing I found was a guy wearing a shirt with AKB48 and some other kanji on it :XD:
    I wanted to go talk to him but I lost him in the crowd

3. ajseguin

ajseguin Kenkyuusei

I found a place called The Anime Stop... i'll visit it soon

Btw i agree with your signature.... Asuka is indeed the pretiest :^O^:

4. barilbaril

barilbaril Kenkyuusei

TWO WEEKS BEFORE I LEAVE FOR OTTAWA!!! I'm excited (well, not excited about the 12 hour 1/2 hours on an airplane), yet so busy I haven't been able to think clearly about my suitcase (and my 3 kids').

Sorry, I just wanted to share my excitement and sort of revive this thread! [hehe]

5. ajseguin

ajseguin Kenkyuusei

Nice, I hope you enjoy your visit! I think you'll be on time for the curds festival in St-Albert... lots of poutine to be eaten!

6. barilbaril

barilbaril Kenkyuusei

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!!??!!!??? Did they start making cheese again in St-Albert after the fire?? (yes, I read my canadian news, and was shocked that I wouldn't be able to eat my beloved "crottes de fromage" this year). Awesome!! But I don't like poutine... but I'll have my kids taste it, yes!!

7. ajseguin

ajseguin Kenkyuusei

They own an other factory somewhere in quebec, so they started producing curds and all sort of cheese with the St-Albert recipe... it almost the same... but to the connoissoir, you can taste the light difference :p

They're still available in every store in the region... same price... but less are produced so the shelves are less packed...

8. lemonade

lemonade Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
    Canadian here, and coincidently an Anime North-goer as well...even if this is a little late, haha.
    Glad to see a few pages on this thread, at least, and some fellow Canadian fans! :)

9. barilbaril

barilbaril Kenkyuusei

Well, I'm back from my 1-month trip to Canada and I have to say it was absolutely wonderful!!! I didn't realize how much I missed my country of birth, perhaps because it had been 5 years? I didn't really follow AKB48 while I was away from Japan... except for Tomochin. I missed both Cluv Tomo and her Tokyo Dome graduation (I was on a plane both times) but I managed to catch her last theater performance on TV last night. Phew!!!

Note: I ate lots of St. Albert Cheese curds and it was weird to go to the "new" Chinatown... even weirder to see that my favourite anime store of 13 years ago is still there (Global Homeware, on Somerset).

10. ajseguin

ajseguin Kenkyuusei

Hey if some of you are in the Ottawa region, there is some people trying to organize a yakou night on October 26th

https://www.facebook.com/events/622200297800269/

Not sure if the link is going to work....

anyways i'm assuming some of you might be interested!

@barilbaril

I'm glad to hear you ate lots of st. Albert cheese curds :p you must feed your inner canadian :p
    Now I want to check out that store... "Global Homeware"

next day off i'm heading there!

11. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

i just found out that TV Japan has a free preview until this upcoming sunday
    http://www.tvjapan.net/en/

i wish i found out sooner...
    AKB48 Show is on tonight though

12. Akko

Akko Kenkyuusei

Hi im pretty new too the forums figured I would introduce myself to my fellow Canadians. I live near Toronto and am a fan of no3b.

13. ajseguin

ajseguin Kenkyuusei

Hello Akko,

Welcome to the forums! Not much going on... :/ but hopefully it'll get more active!

14. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    barilbaril wrote (how to quote on here?
    you should, Alberta is pretty neat despite what people say about it (boring flat cattle land). i want to explore every province, even the supposedly boring ones like sask and manitoba.

say, i will probably read through this thread after i post this and figure out the answer to my question before anyone replies, but is there anyone else on here from AB? it seems to be the same few people posting in here and you're all from Ontario and stuff. i would really love to go to Ottawa, partly because that's where MONKEY MAJIK is from so i can feel some kind of pride going there for that reason lol, but also because it's a lot smaller than Toronto and you guys have that festival thing where you go skating down that canal and do stuff.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  15. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Im just gonna make a quick post here to know if theres still canadians around and let know that Im here!

16. Jokyng

Jokyng Kenkyuusei

Just signed up today, am from Toronto.

17. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Hey,what's up neighbour!:p

18. Jokyng

Jokyng Kenkyuusei

On the Go Train listening to akb48. Thinking about who will win the janken tournament.

19. lkaw

lkaw Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Just signed up today, from Toronto as well.. will be going to Japan for a week in beginning of Jan:cute:

20. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Anyone from Quebec? :banana: