1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

OH CANADA where are you s48 members?

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by gyan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

i don't think so
    even before their contract expired i've had packages take anywhere between 2 and 8 weeks...
    but it seems stuff is getting stuck in customs longer
    earliest they can strike is the 27th, which is 2 days after the next single is released

people have been trying to come up with smaller substitutes for AE this year...
    minicomi is july 23 (free) (i'm biased, since i'm helping with organizing this)
    cos and effect is aug 15 (not free)
    then there's always canada day (yay for stat holidays)
    i have fond memories of last year's canada day (although immo might kill me because of that)

2. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

^ bleeeh mine hasn't even shipped out yet some I'm expecting it around the 30th.

minicomi sounds interesting. Maybe I'll drop by [clap]
    and Immo as in the amazing fanfic writer?
    She lives in vancouver...? :hehe:

3. xMayu

xMayu Kenkyuusei

Anyone from Quebec ? [notme]
    I FEEL SO LONELY *forever alone*

4. rareitemhunter1

rareitemhunter1 Kenkyuusei

@audiophile ugh thanks for the heads up on the possible strike... just when I actually ordered my first AKB stuff too. ; A ;

Also, about times, sorry I have to change my availability time. I'm good Saturday any time but NOT 3-5 PM!! Sorry again!! > <;;

5. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

About the whole panel and pushing our favourite idol group thing:
    From experience from anime expo when akb was performing in LA even if they were the guests and even though there was a lot of us trying to support/ kinda pimp them alot of anime fans just stayed to themselves,
    you get the occasional WHO? or Meh? or they're cute... but yeah all in all not the greatest way to get fans, might make some enemies along the way.

6. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Alright then from what i've gathered is everyone alright with meeting at saturday from 1-3 pm? Meeting place will be decided on friday night.

7. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

^
    I don't mind that at all... my suggestion for the meeting place is one of the hotels, preety much anyone can enter there and its not as packed as the main hall. Plus we have shelter just in case it rains.

(Sorry had to move this cause i'm afraid no one could see it last time)
    Here are some stuff i will bring for trade or sale to AN: (if you don't see me in AN pm me lol)
    TBH i am looking to trade for only amina stuff, and since i am saving up for a trip to japan these can be exchanged for a reasonable price. Only doing this locally so please pm me if you guys want something in particular THANKS:

POSTERS:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    PICS:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

CARDS: (SNSD cards in 2nd photo are just samples I have so much more)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. yunagi_47

yunagi_47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei, Ozono Rei
    Gah I can't go on the Saturday so looks like I'll be missing this meeting... I can only go on the Friday -_-

9. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Still could be two meeting on friday and one saturday i just need to know who's actually coming and when they are available.

10. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Doubletree hotel 1-3pm main room. This alright with everyone?

11. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Is the mainroom the one just before all the rooms with the videos? (with a resturaunt beside it) Or next to the front desk?

Doubletree is good for me btw

12. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    Depending on if Julia and/or I make Anime North Idol, we'll be busy from 2-3.
    But 1-2 should be fine?

Also we saw Terry today. >_>
    >_______> I'M SORRY TERRY FOR BEING SUCH AN IDIOT
    *embarrassed for life*

13. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    DOUBLE POST
    BECAUSE MAYBE SOMEBODY ALREADY SAW MY LAST POST.

does anybody have good scissors they can bring tomorrow? I need to cut through ribbon and the scissors I brought with me are apparently useless.

they need to be like, legit I CAN CUT THROUGH ANYTHING, SON scissors.

if somebody brings me some, I will hug you so hard. if you don't want a hug, then I promise not to hug you. WIN WIN

14. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

i'm president of an anime club, not everyone likes the same things (most of the members are cosplayers or artists)
    but there are a handful that are interested in multiple aspects japanese culture
    at an anime convention though, a panel on an idol group definitely will not be the most popular thing
    (so there's a fair chance it might not even get approved)
    chances are there will be a lot of haters too
    done well, however, you can sway the hearts of a few

but personally, my preferred method is putting in requests with local shows that show japanese music videos though

15. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    first one.

16. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

It was great seeing you guys today at AN :3

It was short but that's okay. It was certainly nice to talk to other AKB fans in real life ;A;

If you care, my first impressions of you guys :hehe:

mieniem - you're a pretty nice guy, a lot less intimidating than what I had pictured :awesome: (that's a good thing btw), your voice is pretty quiet too. you actually remind me of someone I knew from high school so that was pretty cool.

gyan - you seem to be very cool and chill :X just how you showed up, joined us and flaunted all your amazing stuff was awesome. and thank you for the card ;_; (could I get a copy of that picture of us btw? :3)

rareitemhunter - i'll be honest, you're pretty shy but that's cute <3 you're still a new fan so you probably didn't have as much to talk about and say then the rest of us, but it was fun meeting you too :3 hope you continue to learn more about akb <3

juririn - I saw you yesterday, and you're just as awesome as you are online actually <3 I also watched you on stage at the Anime North idol contest and you were fabulous :cute: if it wasn't for that amazing 13 year old kid, I would have thought your performance was the best. Sorry I didn't do any mix during the song ;_; (btw my friend said he likes your voice)

wendy - >__________> uhhh we had like an awkward 10 seconds were we just kinda stared at each other and it took you a while to figure out it was me probably, because when you did you got embarrassed and hid :X, then the second time it was just awkward because I was like ;-; and then you became all wendy-like later and I was like. yup that's wendy

Sorry for being such an awkward kid ;-;
    I was totally walking around that room for like 20 minutes trying to find you guys but my eyesight is getting pretty bad so it was hard for me to see and I was like ffffffffff ;A;

And I'm a quiet person who doesn't talk a lot in real life so ;_;

It was still nice to meet you guys though <3

17. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

^
    @Aikyi: It was also nice to meet you too. It was great to thank the person who have helped me get some shows for numerous times in person. [rock]

@meiniem:Thank you for trading me the Amina BLT. Whenever you go to Japan don't be afraid to say Hi maybe even meet up at the theater one day. :D

@rareitemhunter1:Thanks for getting the poster it will help me with my trip. lol and as mentioned by aikyi you might have been a little shy. :^^;:

@Julia and Wendy:Sorry i couldn't be there for AN idol I hope you guys rocked it just like the H1 costume and Naachan shirts you guys rocked lol [rock] [clap]

It was awesome meeting all of you. I know it was small, quick and short and we did get sorta kicked out [shock] but at least it was a start. I'm sure there are more akb fans in TO/Canada, its just that not everyone goes to AN, or is part of the forum or they might be busy... i mean somebody has to be buying those broadcast akb cds. [hehe]

18. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

19. teddbear55

teddbear55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyasumadoka
    I got my Everyday CD so I won't be as mad now if they go on strike. [hehe]
    But still pretty mad!!!!!!!! :angry:

20. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

Hopefully my ssk guidebook comes before then [sweat]