1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

OH CANADA where are you s48 members?

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by gyan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. teddbear55

teddbear55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyasumadoka
    Now my album is being held hostage!! :angry:

2. 1337rice

1337rice Kenkyuusei

Luckily my album arrived before this s***storm hit...

From CDJapan:

Temporary Delay of Shipments to Canada (EMS, Air Mail, and SAL)

On June 17, Japan Post informed CDJapan that they are temporarily unable to send any packages to Canada, due to the Canada Post strike.

To prevent unnecessary delays and problems, we will delay shipments of packages to Canada by EMS, Air Mail, and SAL, for a temporarily period of time.

We will keep ourselves update, and resume the shipments once Japan Post confirms that deliveries are back to normal.

3. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

Oh awk.

Should I change my Not Yet single to Fedex (7/6) or do you think it'll be fine by then ._.

4. 1337rice

1337rice Kenkyuusei

^
    Usually strikes like this won't last that long, they are waiting for the government/3rd party to intervene this situation so it can get resolved as soon as possible. (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... le2062950/) I think that this strike would probably last for another week or 2...

your choice really...

5. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48
    I'm just gonna wait, Fedex fees are not as crazy as UPS, but i rather not pay it.

I think it'll be another week at this point since the opposition parties will try to prolong the bill as much as they can.

6. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

Strike has hit Vancouver :p

A few days ago I sent out a package and everything went smoothly (I think), but today at the post office they told me they could only give me the stamps and that I would have to wait xD

Hopefully it'll be over soon. I need to send MecchaMelon her photo ._.

7. 1337rice

1337rice Kenkyuusei

Strike is over...CDJapan resumes shipping...FINALLY :fp:

8. Nyanmaru

Nyanmaru Kenkyuusei

LOL i just noticed that there is a thread for canadian fans :^^;:
    Anyways, my AKB ga Ippai bluray finally arrived about 3 weeks ago. Stupid post-strike volume surge seriously took awhile. Luckily, I went with EMS and i didnt have to pay custom for some reason :awesome:
    Does this happen often or is it just me!!?? And yes this is my first time going with EMS shipping :^^;:

9. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

^ I've used EMS a few times and have never been taxed :)

whose pix did you get lol :D

10. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48
    it depends. One time my package of 4500 yen got opened, it was mostly photos of Yuki and some AX2011 photos plus one dvd. they actually slit open one of the photo packages, probably to see if anything was between the pics. [boom] i got taxed obviously but it was very little since the value was low but had to pay the other fees. that was the first time in my life i've ever had a package opened by Customs. the same day, i also received another package which was a dvdbox set of 21k yen from HMV and didn't get taxed. [hehe]

so depends if you are lucky or not really. but generally, you don't get taxed unless the value is ridiculously high. there's always an initial screening process, plus a random process.

11. Nyanmaru

Nyanmaru Kenkyuusei

^
    ^I see I see...i think ill still stick with EMS from now on, since Fedex is still a bit too pricey for me. :^^;:
    I got Aachan, Takamina, and Mayuyu photos btw :awesome: But i was also hoping for Harunyan of course :(

12. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

only been taxed with ems once, seemingly randomly even though the box said it was the standard customs tax for ems items....
    3x with fedex, only for bigger boxes

is anyone from vancouver going to go to that cos&effect thing at ubc this weekend?
    i don't really want to pay $28 for it...
    but i'd be up for meeting people

13. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

^ What's that lmao.

Also book-off has a lot of Banzai Venus + Beginner Theater ver in stock rn.

14. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

Overpriced AE substitute

Bookoff has a lot of the election swimsuit book too =P
    50% off over $50 until the 14th

15. Nyanmaru

Nyanmaru Kenkyuusei

^A few of my friends went today but too bad i got work so I couldn't join it with them. But then we all imagined it would be crap, and can never be compared to AE. O well......it's not like they had any AKB stuff anyways :^^;:
    I also went to Book-off last tuesday and got the Mizugi Surprise photo book, it was well worth the price i guess, especially the poster and the 150 cards :^^;:

16. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

Oh right, AE didn't pull through this year. I saw some pics on FB, don't think I have time to go though :c

How much was mizugi surprise? Election guidebook was way overpriced when it first came out, like 30 I think.
    Also do you know what day of the week they get their weekly shipments in?

17. Nyanmaru

Nyanmaru Kenkyuusei

^No, I'm not sure when their shipments usually come in, but i got the Mizugi Surprise roughly for 22 bucks tax included. Somewhat more pricey from where you can online i think, but overall it's not bad :^^;:
    And yes, I was also one of the victims of their overpriced Senbatsu guide books :fp:

18. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    I envy you guys who live near Book-Off, almost as much as I envy those near Pacific Mall. What are the prices for CD's like at Book-Off?

I live in Hamilton(Ont), but we don't have AKB stuff here so if I want my fix I have to mission it all the way to Toronto's Chinatown. They're only really good for magazines though. There is one Japanese convenience store which was selling magazines (Zipper?) that had various AKB girls on the cover, that same store had a display for some candy that had AKB48 on it. Plus you can buy various magazines (Vivi, mina, Ray, etc.) that usually feature some AKB girl. I got the January ViVi because they had Itano modeling some clothing and a guide to get eyes like Haruna.

Haven't seen any CD's yet. The best I did was only one Hello!Project CD (snatched that f--ker up in a heartbeat, Aya Matsuura single for $11.99) it's mostly Ayumi and other Ayu-level Japanese acts. Most stores don't carry any non-Chinese/Korean music. Got a Rina Aiuchi single for $1.99, Japanese version too.

However, I was able to pick up bootlegs of Majisuka Gakuen, Majisuka Gakuen 2, Sakura Kara no Tegami, and that Shimiko to Shiroi drama Atsuko was in. :^O^: The subs are GOD awful, with MG 2 they used motherf--king GOOGLE TRANSLATE to translate it from f--king CHINESE into English. :hmm: But I still enjoy being able to kick back on my bed and watch those shows as oppose to sit at the computer, and the cases are nice...

19. 1337rice

1337rice Kenkyuusei

^
    Well since you're not picky about it, I could see why you don't even mind bootleg LOL
    Guess I'm just too picky and think that Broadcast @ Pacific Mall charges horrid prices even for Taiwanese versions. I rather just get it online.
    I can drive to Pacific Mall, but it's a pain in the ass to find parking...I can drive to First Markham Place, but the selection is already god-awful...
    Unfortunately, Toronto (Ontario) doesn't even have anything close to what Vancouver has (that Book-Off place)...so you might as well get everything online.

20. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

For books, manga, and some weekly gossip rags bookoff usually has something. But in terms of cds, either they're almost all 2nd hand