1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Omori Miyu (Miyupon) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. Tris-chan

Tris-chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Re: KKS - Omori Miyu (Miyupon)

Maybe, now that Kaoru is gone, Miyupon will be promoted...? I wouldn't be surprised if she gets an announcement at the senshuuraku!

2. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Well didn't they choose her because it's Yonechans old position and she used to be Yonechans under?

3. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Of course. It's still something very special for her to be part of the senshuuraku.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She's taking part in both zenkoku handshakes this weekend, sharing a line with Yuko on Saturday and Mariko on Sunday. I wouldn't be too surprised if we hear of a promotion. She's the busiest kenkyuusei by a distance and has practically been a member of old Team K for a while. Now would be a good timing. They need to get the 12th gen members either promoted or have them graduate.
    Even if it doesn't happen, it's a great chance for her to appeal to fans.

Lineup for Saturday @ Kyocera Dome, Osaka

Oshima Yuko, Omori Miyu
    Mogi Shinobu, Watanabe Mayu
    Kashiwagi Yuki, Kojima Mako
    Shinoda Mariko, Hashimoto Hikari
    Kawaei Rina, Takahashi Minami
    Itano Tomomi, Kojima Haruna
    Takahashi Juri, Miyazawa Sae
    Kasai Tomomi, Shimazaki Haruka
    Kitahara Rie, Yokoyama Yui
    Nakagawa Haruka, Minegishi Minami
    Shimada Haruka, Tano Yuka, Nonaka Misato
    Iwata Karen, Suzuki Shihori, Nakamata Shiori
    Lineup for Sunday @ Kyocera Dome, Osaka

Oshima Yuko, Mogi Shinobi
    Kojima Mako, Watanabe Mayu
    Kashiwagi Yuki, Hashimoto Hikari
    Omori Miyu, Shinoda Mariko
    Kitahara Rie, Takahashi Minami
    Kojima Haruna, Shimazaki Haruka
    Itano Tomomi, Yokoyama Yui
    Nakagawa Haruka, Miyazawa Sae
    Kasai Tomomi, Kawaei Rina
    Takahashi Juri, Minegishi Minami
    Shimada Haruka, Suzuki Shihori, Tano Yuka
    Iwata Karen, Nakamata Shiori, Nonaka Misato

4. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu

OMG promote her to team K already...

5. Moy

Moy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

I can't begin to say how much I support this girl.
    I can't stop listening to her version of Romance, Kakurenbo. It's one of the most beautiful songs and she sang it perfectly- much better than Shimada or Paruru. I really hope she's promoted to a team really soon. I think vocally, she is so ready.

6. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48

I was really hoping for a promotion annoucement at the request hour, but with each team still over 20 members, I really wonder if there is a point in promoting anyone. It's like a catch-22 almost, I want Miyupon to get promoted, but then she'll lose out on the chance to preform often and just be a girl way at the back of the team, just like the 11th gens that got promoted last.

sigh... I just rewatched the Team K concert in Okinawa, Miyupon was great and I'm still so happy she got a chance to be there with Team K.

7. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu

No kidding, I have that concert played almost all the time on my 2nd monitor!

8. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919

Unfortunately, there's really no point in promoting any of the kenkyuusei until 15th gen shows up sometime March/April (likely to happen at Budokan, which is probably when we'll hear of some graduations as well).

At this point, promoting the three remaining 12th gen members would leave them with too few KKS to perform a stage so they really have no choice but to wait for the next bunch of girls coming in.

9. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48

Didn't realize AKB only has 18 kks at the moment.

As hrp said, no promotion until 15th gens are ready~

10. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

It would be stupid to promote KKS now when members aren't always included in stage shows now anyway. There will most likely be promotions at Budoukan, like it was in SSA

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Just saw she applied for the election.

Damn, this girl is cute!!! :inlove:

I don 't think she'll rank, but I can see her battling for the cutest of the group with Kawaei and Annin in a few years (she's totally Team A material). [hehe]

12. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya

nahhh she's definitely a K [devil]
    we'll see what happens in the near future either way though :awesome:

13. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

Although, Miyupon can keep up with the Team K choreography I think she's more suited for Team A. She has the voice and Team A is more appropriate for singers.

14. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

I personally think she fits either team A or B more than K. Miyupon is more idolish than not, haha.

15. DateMasamune

DateMasamune Kenkyuusei

just watched hirarii's recent handshake event video xD miyupon & hirarii's karaoke time! :^O^:
    miyupon really has good voice :cute: and she's very playful~ lol
    she's definitely team A :awesome:

16. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu

That karaoke session with Hilary was fun. I like Miyupon's voice, it's not as nasal as typical Japanese idol vocals (just compare with Hilary's voice as reference) :D

17. Moy

Moy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

I hope she ranks! I'm definitely voting for her in the election!

18. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu

Miyupon is featured in Hilary's video again:

https://plus.google.com/+%E5%B9%B3%E7%9 ... dJMsizv1uF

She's cute, but her voice isn't the typical nasal, high pitched voice that usually goes with idols, haha. Reminds me of the first time I heard Kanon's voice XD looks<->voice expectation mismatch.

19. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919

Usually I don't write much about events and shows that I attend (not here on the forum at least). Some of it is personal to me and not always easy to digest / easy to put into words for myself right then and there. I also like to separate my own personal fandom and what I'm doing on the forum. But there's one recent episode that I thought I should share. It's more about myself and my approach than anything, but this thread seems like the appropriate place for it. I might still edit this post later on. Right now I'm just stitching together a bunch of things I've drafted in the last two weeks. It takes me a long time to write about this kind of stuff. :XD:

As some of you might know, I used to be a Jurina-oshi. I was always very happy with that, but I'm not going to get into too much detail on that here. "Oogoe Diamond" was an incredible song and it's still a favorite of mine. I didn't oshihen to Jurina just then, but she had me after NHK Hall. That concert was such an eye opener for many; to see that new sister group perform. I daresay SKE got their biggest chunk of fans right then and there. And they didn't even have to perform a song of their own.

Aki-P's original idea is something I've always held very dear. The "rearing girls into idols" / "idols you can create" part. It was more about creating than just meeting back then and fans were even more involved. In the beginning it was all about making your own group and helping the girls to get somewhere. Unfortunately that part's become less apparent in the last few years with all the media and it seems to be receiving only few attention among new fans (especially from abroad) and fans here on the forum. It's all about sales, handshake sales, chart rankings, awards, CMs and big concerts these days. All cold numbers. Where's the fan-oshimen connection in all this?

I admit that the endeavors of the kenkyuusei are more difficult to follow from far away but it's such a rewarding experience. Seeing a girl improve and grow is very precious and the joy of seeing your oshimen promoted and have all that energy paid off is really something. Someone that starts to follow AKB in Summer 2013 isn't going to take much away from taking a huge liking to some of the yet-Kami 7 members. They're finished products. They're not going to develop into something different anymore. They got where they wanted to get and are on their way out. And that's a good thing.

In any case, Jurina never disappointed me. I like her just about as much now as I did before and my respect for her hasn't gotten any less. What makes me able to move on is that she's reached the top. I feel that I've done what I could for her and that she's able to walk on her own two feet by now so to speak. Even as a parent you have to let the kids leave home at some point and for me that time came a while ago. It was much different years ago when she was still starting out.
    The support that Jurina received from me and would receive in the future is something that another member will profit much more from. It's not about Jurina or any member not needing my support, but about another girl being able to appreciate it more and myself being able to have a bigger effect on a less exposed member. My investment will have a bigger pay-off. There are other members that need it more, and what by now has become a relatively insignificant drop in an ocean of support for Jurina is going to be a reliable force for Miyupon.

It took me a long time to come to terms with it. I always take my support pretty serious and I got a bunch of principles that probably only make it harder for me to oshihen. Sure I've got a number of girls that I like to see on stage and at the handshakes - because no member is performing a show alone. Yet it's kind of unacceptable for me to have two oshimen dividing my attention. The concept of "ni-oshi", "kami-oshi" etc is pretty foreign to me. There's probably a girl that I "like" second best, but that doesn't have so much to do with supporting a member so I'm not going to call that one an "oshimen". Liking and "supporting" someone are two very different things and the latter term is used incredibly lightly in places. To me it's all about that "What can I do for someone" thing. An oshimen is something special. And I felt I had been out of touch with that for some time.

Miyupon is a member I pretty much liked right away. She started growing on me when Shimada didn't quite turn out the way I would have liked her to. She played an important part in the theater shows those days, no matter what team, and happened to be part of many of the shows I was at. I found good friends in the members of her birthday committee and in June last year we joined hands (it's in the previous pages of this thread). I still wasn't entirely decided on "officially" proclaiming her as my oshimen though and that bugged me a lot.

At the handshakes, I always used to go for a relatively small number of members / focus my larger applications on just one or two, but starting last summer I'd been spreading out a lot, really just using one or two tickets on a member. I wasn't so sure about who to give my support to and was a bit of a lost sheep. But Miyupon was growing on me. And now I've finally decided on an oshimen again that I want to go all-out on.

When we meet we can talk just like that. She doesn't need to find out anymore who I am and where I come from each time we see each other (that happens with a few) so that's good. She knows me of course - not just through what the committee did last year. I send her a page or two every once in a while; probably about once a month and I know she should have read most of them.

Two weeks ago, I had a few minutes to spend with her at the handshakes. I've only ever had small talk with her or talked about recent shows I'd seen her in. But this time I told her for the first time all that I described above. How I used to still be a Jurina-oshi during the time with the committee, how it had been bugging me for months, that I don't like to have two oshimen or be half-assed about it and that I've finally oshihen-ed to her now. We still talked a little about her prospects of being promoted during the Budokan concert and other stuff, but most important to me was to be honest with her and get those things off my chest. Miyupon listened intently all the while, congratulated me and told me how glad she was that I'd told her about it.
    It was one of the most fulfilling moments I've had in the fandom in the last few years. Not mainly because of her response (I mean, that one is expected) but because I was finally able to be true to myself and be true to my oshimen and acknowledge my feelings. I felt like such a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I'm just one of many but she knows that she's appreciated and I think we made an important connection there.

On my way back to Tokyo, in the train, I teared up a few times just thinking back to it. It's not like I was crying a bucket, but I can't remember when I was last moved in such a way out of sheer happiness. Right now I am just full of love and appreciation for this sweet girl. She's receiving my full attention and I'm just glad that I've found the courage to move on to the next chapter in my following of the group.

To some of you this might seem childish, but I like to settle and be clear about who I'm supporting - or I'll feel like I'm kind of hanging in mid-air undecided. Thinking about it, I practically confessed to the girl. You can replace Miyupon with any other name and this post will work for just about anyone that does a similar thing. To me it was a very important step personally and it wasn't a hard thing to do at all. I just needed some time until I could say with confidence that I'm a Miyupon-oshi now.

I'm pretty sure she gets promoted this weekend. Looking forward to that and to being able to congratulate her a little later. She deserves it.

As for Jurina: I still like her just like before (I guess). She's just not my oshimen anymore. Would I tell her what I told Miyupon? I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I should. But I don't really want to because I don't want her to misunderstand. She might think that I don't like her anymore. If she had done something I didn't like I'd probably tell her, but that's not the case. That day I didn't have enough time to tell her that much anyway.
    I know a few people who only see their "oshihen process" completed after they've told their previous oshimen about it. In my case I don't even think Jurina would be so disappointed by it. Being told by a follower that you've reached that point... I think that's a pretty positive thing. She would feel accepted. But I don't think it's necessary for me to do that. I did talk to the members of her b-day committee though. I like a little bit of closure, even if it's just the fellow fans.

20. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

That story made me smile. I think maybe to some fans following the 48 groups is an interesting hobby, and surely it's always doing something interesting, but it can be so much more for people who invest themselves like that.

I actually share your ideology about oshimen though. I say I have oshis in other groups but really it's just girls I like more than others, and I don't really feel a drive to support them or feel anything particularly special about them. It didn't occur to me that there might be other people who felt that way (around here) since most seem to have a few girls they can go all out in supporting.

Every time you post about KKS it makes me want to pay more attention to them. I try, but like you said it's kind of difficult if you can't go see the shows and interact with the girls yourself. They get quite a bit less exposure than most members on the main teams and exposure is the only way a non-Japan-based fan can really see them. It's very cool that you can have casual conversation with Miyupon and talk about things like that. I don't think it's childish to be moved by it; emotions are drugs and truly investing yourself in something/someone tends to be emotional.

I can only hope I get to experience something from my investment someday... got to sneak into someone's Japan-bound luggage or something [hehe]