1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

Re: Oshima Yuko / Team K

Yayyy! Congrats to Not Yet!!!! ♥♥ *__*

Good to see some happy news ♥

2. Coffeecaramel

Coffeecaramel Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the trans Gideon!!
    Even though the bad news keep on coming from Japan
    It's really a nice thing to come and read something good/positive
    "Not yet" debuted today and im here spazzing,it's definitely a good
    thing to do,getting my mind off everything else
    Yuko never fails to cheer me up! :)

3. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

Thank you gideon123 for the translations, it is always appreciated~

Even with the current situation in Japan, Yuko is trying her best to be a part the positive energy. It is a depressing situation but with everyone working together everything will improve over time.
    Yuko is awesome :cute:

4. Kanki

Kanki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    imnikky

I'm thankful to see a new post with smiles and a message for others to cheer up. Thanks gideon~

5. phantom

phantom Kenkyuusei

That!
    It's been so depressing seeing and hearing everything going on in Japan and not being able to do anything but pray and donate...however, even little things like this can bring a ray of sunshine to some during such dark times.

As always, thanks for the translations Giddy!

6. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

You're welcome, people. :)

So yeah...UPDATES!!! ^_^

From Yuko's public blog:

1.) 届いてください。 ("Please Reach Out To Them."; 2011-03-17 16:13:40):

"Today's cold, so in order for the people from the disaster-stricken areas to warm up...

And for the people to go back to their bright lifestyles from before...

I went to the temple to pray a lot.

I hope my prayers reach out to them..."

(This post scored over 5000 comments at the time of this update - dang...)

2.) 届かないのですか ("Won't They Reach Out To Them?"; 2011-03-17 21:12:47):

"There're a lot of comments coming in that say that goods aren't going out to the disaster stricken areas, and that people can't move around due to a lack of gasoline, and that people really want help.

People in the capital, please cut back on your use of gasoline as best as you can.

And please cut back on what goods you buy.

I think people are already at their limit with the houses disappearing, family members dying, and the bitter cold present.

We have to help them.

Everyone in Japan has to work together.

Please read comments No. 3664 by あいさん, No. 3552 by 大福ふくフクさん, and No. 3538 by 熊壱さん on my blog post titled '届いてください'!!

Please, look them over!!

One way or another, please send help out to the people!!"

(This post scored well over 8100 comments at the time of this update - dang again...)

And that's that! Werd to Yuko praying for the others. I think her prayers will reach out to where they need to go. I personally don't pray, but I'm thinking of ways to help out. Maybe I can invent something that might help out the people over there, but it's gonna take a hell of a lot of time and energy to do just the preliminary research, so please don't hold your breaths.

And werd to Yuko pleading to help. I looked over those comments among others, and man...it's still rough out there. I really can't do much from the U.S. aside from donate money. I actually donated more money yesterday, but still...I think we've all got a long way to go before things have been sorted out. (And for the record...that is damn cool of Yuko to be using her blog to get people to act. I don't know well people will actually act since some of them are going through their own challenges as well, but at least Yuko's trying, ya know?)

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. :))

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! :approve:)

P.S. - In case you guys didn't know, there's talk going on about consolidating all the blog translators at this forum into one group that'll update a communal blog associated with STAGE48. I'll let you guys know if and when I start translating over there, but I think I'll post direct links from there to here so you guys know what's up. Or at least to keep this thread alive, since I'm sure you guys can add that blog to your RSS readers if you have one of those already.

7. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

^ Those two people are so lucky, i'd be so happy to be mentioned by Yuko in her blog. Yuko is with her family in tokyo right?

8. gideon123

^ Actually, that's three people mentioned on her blog. And as far as I know, Yuko lives by herself in Tokyo. She moved from Tochigi to focus on her work as an idol.

9. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

Thank you for the translations gideon123, it is always appreciated~

Yuko's posts always move me :cute:
    They are filled with sincerity. In a tough time, with Yuko's own family being in the affected area.. she really is doing her best and being positive.
    Indeed there is a lot that can be done, with positivity it helps to give hope... :cry:

10. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

Thank for these all informations.

11. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

Her posts move me too, she is such a sweet and positive person. ♥
    I enjoy reading her blog posts the most ~ ♥

12. gideon123

So yeah...UPDATES!!! ^_^

From Yuko's public blog:

1.) 地震から一週間 ("One Week Since The Earthquake"; 2011-03-18 17:02:48):

"A week's passed since the earthquake happened.

Not sure if time flew by fast or slow...

I'm sorry that I can't write a blog that can cheer everyone up.

It's frustrating for me, too, that there's so much that I just can't do.

However, today after one week, I thought about making a blog that'll look forward with a smile!!

Because...

I got these smiles from Nikkan Sport's series on the disaster, 'News After The Earthquake - I'm Feeling Fine.'"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"They're smiling and dancing to 'Heavy Rotation'!!!!!!!!

I thought to myself, 'What'll we do if we don't smile?'

Or at least it got me thinking that. m(_ _)m

Smiles are amazing.
    They change the mood.

I remembered the smiles of all the fans I met at the handshake events.

They showed me their best smiles as though they were bursting with happiness.

And with that, I become happy and smile, too.

The connections associated with smiles carry a lot of strength with 'em, eh?

People's smiles bring happiness to my heart.

So even though I'm just one person, I'm gonna try facing tomorrow with a lot of smiles..."

(This post scored well over 8300 comments at the time of this update - dang...)

2.) おしりかじり虫 ("Butt-Biting Bug"; 2011-03-18 23:56:56):

"I think there're people who though, 'Oshiri Sisters,' when reading the blog title, but...

That's not it. (^^;)

Today, while I was listening to the radio, there was a kid from the disaster-stricken area who made a request like, 'I dance all excitedly when I hear 'Oshiri Kajiri Mushi,'' so the song played on the radio.

So I listened to 'Oshiri Kajiri Mushi,' as it played on the radio...

And just like those children dancing to 'Heavy Rotation' in my last blog post...

I imagined, 'That's nice dancing all excitedly to 'Oshiri Kajiri Mushi,' eh~?'

'Oshiri to oshiri de, oshiriai.'

'Kaba to kaba to de, kabaiai.'

Because the lyrics were so amazing, I ended up giggling and laughing without even realizing it. (>_<)

I so wanna sing in front of everyone soon."

(This post scored well over 5600 comments at the time of this update - dang again...LOL.)

3.) 利用してください ("Please Use This"; 2011-03-19 12:22:10):

"All you guys who haven't been able to confirm the safety of relatives and friends, there's this site called Google『PERSON FINDER(消息情報):2011日本地震』, so please use this to look up people's information!

It was mentioned in a blog comment, so I checked it out, too,

And there are around 322100 passages registered on the site,

And it's possible to post and read information in Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese, and so many other languages, too.

And since there are people nearby who're in a bind because don't have cell phones or any other electronic device, so please work together to lend each other money. ゜。(*pVдVq)。゜

And man, I'm so relieved that the weather today's so nice...

The same sky stretches out, and we all see the same sky, eh?

So I'll be praying even today for everyone stricken by the disaster to go back to their calm ways of life."

(This post scored over 2500 comments at the time of this update - werd!)

And that's that! Werd to the kids dancing and smiling in that article. Up until now, I've had moments of guilt whenever I felt happy because I know that people have it rough over there in Japan. But smiles really can work wonders during tough times, ya know? Werd to that kid requesting 'Oshiri Kajiri Mushi," and Yuko enjoying the song. I wonder if that kid did end up dancing to the song, and if anyone else got a big laugh from listening to the song. I saw some clips of the song and YouTube...and it was pretty crazy, hehe.

And werd to that Google feature. I actually heard about it on the news some time ago, but that was really nice of someone to mention it in a comment on her blog. (And also that was really nice of Yuko to check out the site herself before posting about it.) I think that's a clever program developed by Google, and hopefully people can find out information on their family and friends.

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. :))

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! :approve:)

P.S. - We're making progress with the collective blog project. We're using LiveJournal as our platform, and we're going with "Blog48" as the title. I made my LiveJournal account yesterday, and sent out my information to loveandcoffee who's pretty much in charge of the whole project. I'll be looking forward to any updates from her, and in turn I'll let you guys know if anything comes up.

As you guys can see, I added more spaces to the translations since I'm kinda practicing for my LiveJournal entries. And because the entries ended up being longer than before, I had to use spoilers. So if any of you guys have been quietly hoping that I change my format to look more like Yuko's blog posts...then I guess you guys can now quietly celebrate the change, hehe.

13. Jac

Jac Kenkyuusei

I'm happy that Yuko is now back to posting cheerful blogs :cute: , well not really but don't worry Yuko Japan will be fine soon <3

14. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

Thank you gideon123 for the translations, it is always appreciated~

I managed to catch Yuko's blogs in real time, such an interesting feeling. It last happened quite some time back. I felt nostalgic [hehe]
    The lighthearted yet reflective posts must be especially calming for Japanese readers. Already, Yuko's sincerity reaches us and the humour being kept is just :cute:
    Little kids dancing to heavy rotation... aww...
    The Oshiri song had me laughing like crazy but... :fear: so guilty of thinking 'Oshiri Sisters' when I first saw the title :awesome:

15. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

Thanks giddy for the translations!

Lol! That Oshiri sisters song made me go lol xD
    And those little kids just look so cute :cute:

Yuko is being awesome again, her blog posts are always making my day! ♥
    She really is positive and cheerful person. :3

16. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Reading about those children dancing to [Heavy Rotation] made me so happy. It was such an uplifting and positive post. I'm really glad Yuuko mentioned this in her blog.

I know she feels frustrated right now that she cannot do anything, and I feel the same way, but I want to tell her to do her best and give her strength to go on, as she has given me through her work in AKB48 and her blog.

I'm also really happy to hear about the blog project. It will make it much easier for everyone to follow the blogs. I have a suggestion/question, though. Why not use Wordpress and connect it to Stage48 like the Wiki and Lyrics pages are? Will it take up too much bandwidth or is it because LJ is free? Either way is fine with me (I have an LJ, too), but I think it might be easier for others who don't have/want and LJ to follow through WP on their RSS feeds.

Kay

17. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

Found this video on youtube right before I was going to sleep.
    I think this is really funny, Yuko never fails to make me laugh xD

http://youtu.be/rdrlSSjw5Go

18. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

@ TomoChiyuu.
    [hehe] Yuko.. never fails to amaze~
    Thank you for sharing!

19. gideon123

So yeah...UPDATES!!! ^_^

From Blog48:

1.) [Oshima Yuko] Enlisting In The Hyper Rescue Squad...

2.) [Oshima Yuko] Let's Move Forward

I've made my first couple of translations on the Blog48 website, and man...that was quite the learning experience. I had to learn some HTML coding, and also had to learn the hard way that I should copy and paste my progress periodically into Microsoft Word in case my LiveJournal controls get screwy on me.

I haven't posted the comment count to each of her blog posts like I used to, and quite frankly I don't know if I will continue that trend at Blog48. However, I did try to match the spacing on her blog posts without any significant "damage" to the translation. Moreover, I'm now posting my thoughts as comments to my own posts. And...yeah, you guys are more than welcome to post your comments there, too. Or here if you want. Whichever you prefer. I'll be posting links from there to here to at least keep this thread active.

20. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Ah, you already made an LJ account for the blogs. NM then, forget the questions in my post before this. Thanks for all your hard translating work~

Kay