1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio OUT OF 48 (2023/04/20 - 2024/03/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 24, 2023.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    @lionel90 if you delete that post in 5 minutes we're going to pretend we didn't see it.

3. rmn89

rmn89 Member

do we know what is it going to be yet???. "application is now open"
    does that mean regular girl can do the audition?or does it have to be AKB member?. that would be interesting if ex member can apply and made it.

4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Anyone can apply, there are just some certain limitations; girls must be under the age of 22, they can't currently be signed to another agency and must be willing to relocate to Tokyo if successful/not already living there.

I would absolutely love to see some ex members. Yahagi Moeka is currently 20 and there's always rumours about her coming back to the entertainment/singing industry, and she was popular during her time in the group

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

oh yeah, let's bring back more sour grapes that already did the favor of filtering themselves out. the writing's on the wall with moeka.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 21.17.56.jpg

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. primermicarrucha

low blood sugar? idk. honestly i just don't understand why people want idols back who didn't seem to care much about being one in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't understand where you got the impression from that she didn't want to be an idol. She enjoyed performing, she was also really good at singing and she was popular at handshakes. She was also, however, a young 15 year old girl who constantly got told to lose weight by fans, and supposedly also got excluded from her gen mates out of jealousy for her push. That's apparently also the reason why she didn't perform much at the theatre, but had no issues performing at concerts (she did famously get along with senbatsu members, who welcomed her). She's signed with another agency, but that seems to have fallen through, and she also posted song covers and stuff; Moeka's sister (who's also an idol) also said Moeka is still working on coming back one day.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. primermicarrucha

didn't she have a scandal? am i confusing her with someone else?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    If that's enough to claim a girl doesn't care about being an idol, what to think about Yukirin ?
    (And possibly 3/4 of all the idols in Japan)

but that's going off topic

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. primermicarrucha

because moeka is the person someone talked about returning obviously? (i don't think i was being particularly rude about it either)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    *cough* *cough*
    Kikuchi

• Like Like x 1
  13. primermicarrucha

do i have to repeat myself? i don't know what you want from me. go ahead and waste more time on idols who can take it or leave it.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Simply say you have a problem with Yahagi eventually coming back into the spotlight. Since none of those exemples don't seem to be a problem.

At this point, I'd say why not whoever former member ?
    After all from what we know it's probably going to be a different environment.
    Just from the music style that was unleashed so far and from what Yahagi produced on her sns, I'm not that sure it would be her thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. primermicarrucha

well, you almost figured out what we're talking about.

16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Unfortunately I think she's over the age limit.

Maybe in another dec--uh, wait, *checks* Huh, six years old already. How time flies.

Maybe in another six or so years Kikuchi Jr. can join.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Don't forget she was trying two consecutive AKB48 auditions (and she actually passed both of them). She was also famous for her "fishing skill" at HS event, how come a girl who didn't care about being idol have to do things like that? And she's still working to come back to the industry either (as her sister said).
    She was just a high school girl back then, people blamed her for gaining weight, for not performing frequently at the theater, for not being close with her gen-mate, for being so close to the senbatsu member (but her BF was Suzuha-chan right?) for being pushed "too much" by management (even though she got that "glory push" from her high HS result so she earn it not just thanks to management favorite). And you can't deny that Moeka is talented, her vocal ability is nothing to argue with and her dance meets the standard for an idol. She can compose songs too, that's amazing.

If Moeka really comes back, it will make a boom headliner to not only the girl and her fan but also the show. After all, everyone just wants ATTENTION, aren't they?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    She's definitely very talented, IMO she deserved her center position in 'Sustainable' and of course she came second in the AKB48 Group First Singing Contest. As I've mentioned before, when I met her at an event for the 6th album in 2018 she leaned over towards me and her face was just centimetres from mine, so yes she could certainly fish! (and she spoke good English too.) I miss her so much in the group. :(

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

If Moeka wanted to be back in AKB, I'm sure she wouldn't have to wait for whatever audition was happening next and we'd have a Jo Eriko situation all over again.

It's a pity that she left so early. She wasn't my favourite, but AKB can't seem to get a hold of all their "future promises" and they all just fall into unfulfilled prophecies.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I mean, yeah, but scandal doesn't necessarily mean someone doesn't wanna be an idol. There are multiple members of AKB who had a scandal, some of which stayed for years afterwards and one who returned after a scandal. Yukirin, Miichan, Sasshi, etc all clearly love being idols, especially Miichan (she stayed for years despite her popularity slipping over the years). There was also a girl in NMB who wanted to be an idol so bad that she graduated after her gen bullied her, then returned as a KKS and refused a promotion because she'd be back in the same team with her bullies.

So like, if you take other stories into account, nothing in particular about her sounds to me like she didn't wanna be an idol.

Moeka's thread also still gets updates every now, some of them just about us discovering old videos because she's not very active on social media currently, and then from some of us because she still has fans amongst AKB fans, even now. I'm sure a lot of people would be hyped about her coming back; she made a post on Instagram about her birthday and it got more likes than some of AKB's top sellers get. And, like someone else, hype is what this audition wants.

• Like Like x 7