1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[PB] Sayanee and Milky Solo Photobooks/Battle! (2012/11/21)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ithebigc, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Rather than talk about the photobooks in the respective member threads, I thought it'd be better to have a dedicated thread in the news section for both of them so the discussion doesn't get lost and more people will know.

Both Milky and Sayanee are getting their own solo photobooks and both are going to be published on the same day, November 21, 2012. It's a pretty big deal, as they're the first solo photobooks that NMB48 is going have, and we get not one but two at the same time! What's more, this is actually management's way of pitting the two rivals against each other. Whoever sells more will get to star in their own solo commercial! :panic:

Sayanee's:
    - The photos were taken in Osaka and Okinawa by renowned photographer Watanabe Tatsuo

Milky:
    - Theme is, of course, chapu chapu, but the twist is apparently chapu chapu in many different situations. There's the traditional chapu chapu in the bath, but apparently she chapu chapus in the pool, river, ocean, pond, and watermelon. (no, I don't know what that means)
    - Quote from Milky: "When I first heard that I was going to have a photobook, I was happy, but was worried if it'd sell. The photobook is very natural, without much decoration, the usual me is all contained within this one book. I like every single photo in the book. I want more pages in there, haha. The ones I especially like are when I jump into the pool in seifuku and change to a swimsuit and swim. I'm also glad that I was able to shoot it in the Kumano region, my heart's hometown and where my great grandmother lives. It's a place with an emerald colored river and really beautiful, clean nature that heals. I also want you to see me in Mother Nature."
    - The Kumano region was designated as a World Heritage Site in 2004.

Links

Sayanee:
    Amazon Japan
    HMV
    CDJapan
    7 Net Shopping

Milky:
    Amazon Japan
    HMV
    CDJapan
    7 Net Shopping

2. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Re: [PB] Sayanee and Milky Solo Photobooks (2012/11/21)

1500 yen a pop

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand

I'm definitely going to buy these. The covers look much better than most of the photo books released this year.

4. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

For some reason, Milky's is showing as 1575 yen at the AKB48 Official Shop at 7 Eleven, but I think that's just a typo...otherwise, she has an unfair disadvantage if her photobook is more expensive than Sayanee's.

It's pretty much management's way of pitching the two rivals against each other, or more like pitching the wallet of their fans against each other. :hehe: Milky may have lost to Sayanee in the election this year, but even that was a close battle, so this one...time for a Milky comeback? :awesome: Whoever sells more (I don't know what sales they're counting, daily or weekly) will get to star in a solo commercial.

And here's more info, courtesy of WrapUp, except Milky's quote is my own translation because I was bored in class plus it was a relatively simple sentence compared to all the blog posts I've been doing :p

Sayanee's:
    - The photos were taken in Osaka and Okinawa by renowned photographer Watanabe Tatsuo

Milky:
    - Theme is, of course, chapu chapu, but the twist is apparently chapu chapu in many different situations. There's the traditional chapu chapu in the bath, but apparently she chapu chapus in the pool, river, ocean, pond, and watermelon. (no, I don't know what that means)
    - Quote from Milky: "When I first heard that I was going to have a photobook, I was happy, but was worried if it'd sell. The photobook is very natural, without much decoration, the usual me is all contained within this one book. I like every single photo in the book. I want more pages in there, haha. The ones I especially like are when I jump into the pool in seifuku and change to a swimsuit and swim. I'm also glad that I was able to shoot it in the Kumano region, my heart's hometown and where my great grandmother lives. It's a place with an emerald colored river and really beautiful, clean nature that heals. I also want you to see me in Mother Nature."

I should have expected Milky's photobook would have chapu chapu, but this amount of chapu chapu is....overwhelming. And that preview photo... :nb: Anyways, I'll definitely be doing my part to support Milky! Even if Milky wasn't now my 2nd favorite in all of the 48 family, her photobook seems to be more interesting, in terms of location compared to Sayanee's. Okinawa usually just means beaches (and bikinis), and while Osaka is cool, Milky's being shot in the Kumano region is amazing. It was actually designated as a World Heritage Site in 2004, so she went to a truly special place for her photobook.

I haven't been this excited for a book since Mayuyu's photobook!

5. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

LOL, Amazon have had it listed by the time I made by previous post in this thread. I was just too lazy to post the links, sorry.

Here they are:
    Amazon: Milky
    Amazon: Sayanee

Note, both are priced at 1500 yen at Amazon, not the 75 yen discrepency found at 7net. But Milky's release date is listed as 20th November, a day before Sayanee's... Amazon also says 160 pages for Sayanee...

6. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Re: [PB] Sayanee and Milky Solo Photobooks/Battle! (2012/11/

Thanks! I just finished placing an order, hoping that Amazon can add it my already existing order, because I don't want to pay 3000 yen shipping for a 1500 yen book. :D I'll go ahead and add the links to the OP. The strange thing was, I was checking it all the time on the mobile app and it never showed up.

And lol, 160 pages :D If that was true, that'd be a great price for a textbook

7. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
  8. writerserenyty

writerserenyty Kenkyuusei

Preordered Milky's as soon as I saw. Both of the covers look great, as do the preview images!

The battle will be interesting to see; Sayanee's got a higher ranking, but Milky's placement on Team B and the push she's been getting lately within AKB could push her forward...

9. lazyedt

lazyedt Kenkyuusei

Already preordered Saya-sister's

WAR SAYA-SIS!!!!!!!!!!!

10. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

It's a shame they had to make a competition out of it, but than again it's only when members compete against eachother that sales go crazy (sembatsu election) especially with the idea that the winner gets to be a lead (in this case a commercial) but i don't know who will, but it will probably be Sayaka.

11. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice
  12. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Thanks for the notification, I'll add those soon, and Sayanee's CDJapan link when/if it's already up.

So far, at least on Amazon, Sayanee is winning. In terms of celebrity photobooks, Sayanee is #1 while Milky is #2, which might not mean much, but in overall books Sayanee is #2 while Milky is #4, so it seems fair to say Sayanee has a decent lead.

Ganbare, Milky fans, and Milky!

13. madamada

madamada Kenkyuusei

Got a feeling that Mirukii will win these. Nowadays her handshake lines are even longer than Sayanee, who knows?

MIRUKII FTW!!!

14. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez

it's a battle between Sayanee Ota vs Milky Ota..the management made the rivalry between Sayanee and Milky so explicit..

what a good way to promote NMB top 2's photobook..

i think sayanee will win this..

15. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice

Been watching the HMV daily book rankings. Yesterday the rankings were Sayanee at 2 and milky at 5 but today Milky has pulled ahead to 1 with Sayanee at 2. The weekly rankings should provide a more solid result of who is selling more.

16. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Sayanee's book is finally listed on CDJapan! Here~
    It's kind of funny how they call her Aya in several places, but in the tags she's listed as Sayaka...reminds me of how Haruna Luna's first single was mistyped as "Sora wa Takaky Kaze wa Utau" and never got corrected.

More details, from CDJ's description:

17. koizora018

koizora018 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

i will buy both PBs because they are really pretty and sexy <3

18. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

Looks like this is the Milky cover:

[​IMG]

CHAPU-CHAPU!

19. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

That might just be because Milky's famed for her fanservice, so even non-Milky oshis would probably like to see what it's like to be fished at this once :D She might or might not have more fans than Sayanee, but the important thing is, does she have enough fans willing to pay a measly 1500 yen for her photobook? :awesome: (I hope so, really, 1500 yen for something like this is nothing)

...Well, looks like I'm going to have to hide the cover behind my other photobooks like I did with the Mayuyu photobook :fear: :nb: If you don't mind, I'm going to add that to the OP

20. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez

I think Sayaka still has more wotas compared to milky..but, yes, slowly but sure Milky is gaining popularity among 48family fans..so, i still believe, sayanee will win..

Btw, Milky's PB preview..click to enlarge the pics..

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]