1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[PC Game] Majisuka Gakuen RPG : Operation Habu

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Yuna Farron, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

[​IMG]

Come check our website if you want to know more about our games and our softwares; or if you need some help and tutorials for the RPG Making : Onigirix

Hello everyone !!

So I'm currently starting a new game project about Majisuka Gakuen, called Majisuka Gakuen RPG : Operation Habu. It's not an amibtious project, but more a project for fun. Indeed, I'm already currently making a huge and ambitious JRPG fantasy project, so I decided to take a break and rather developpe a little game at the side of it. So I thought it would be fun and cool to make a little RPG based on MG. I had this idea since a moment ago already, but since I've seen the great games already available on the website, this gave me the idea to finally begin it. :)

Story :
    The story is a basic one. This game is a sequel of Majisuka Gakuen 3. The goal of the game is to find and free the other girls from the prison.

Features currently availables (for the moment) :

• Like all classical JRPG, you will play a team during the adventure. Here it will be a group composed of 3 members : Paru, Peace and Nanashi.
    • The RPG is dungeon crawler based on a style of a Zelda game, with the battle style of Final Fantasy. Each characaters of the group will have his own abilities.
    • There will be a system of missions and side-missions.
    • There will be a levelling system and a skill system.
    • You will be able to buy and found elements to heal, and also weapons and protections.
    • There will be some exploration of course. The three principals places to visit will be the forest, the city and the prison (inside and outside).
    • There will be some secrets to find (secret weapons, documents about the prison...etc)
    • The story will be used in the way to make like a huge « dungeon » almost like the ones we can find in the Zelda games (keys to find, puzzles to solve...etc) (But there won't be monsters or lava lol) The game will be indeed a huge dungeon crawler. You'll need to farm xp/yens in order to succeed to pass the differents steps of the adventure (like places, bosses, or obstacles...).
    • You'll be able to interact with some objects and IA.
    • The principals enemies will be the guardians of Prison Hope.
    • You will be able to fight against Yankees in the city. And take their money if the fight is a success.
    • There will be some « Bosses ».
    • There will be some references about the others MG.

Development screens :

Paru :
    [​IMG]

Soldiers samples :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Places samples (forest, prison and city):
    Forest one (the one at the end of MG3 with Nobunaga/Ann'in fighting)
    [​IMG]

Sample of the exterior of the prison. Building entrance.
    [​IMG]

Commercial district in the city
    [​IMG]

Remarks : As you can see, I can't do identicals characters as the ones in the serie. Because some details (For example a hat like Nanashi's one) aren't in the game. The only way I can add this to the game is by creating the sprites. Unfortunately I've never done that before. I'll see later if I will do this, but it will be long. ;)

This RPG will be my first RPG on the new software RPG Maker MV (I'm used to RPG Maker VX Ace), so I d'ont have the knowledge of all the news features, plugins etc. So I have to get used to this one and I think it will take more time that it usually takes.

Ok then I will tell you when an alpha will be available. Do not hesitate to tell me if you guys have any suggestions/ideas and also some comments about the mapping or other. It will help me to improve the game as you all want to see it.

By the way, the RPG will be on PC, but also normally available on smarthphone. It will be released in a first time in English, then in French. I will see later to translate it into Spanish and Japanese.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALPHA RELEASED :

This is the Alpha Released of the 01/15/2016.

It's finally here !! I should have released it earlier, but I couldn't because of a huge bug that erased my entire project. :^^;:

Download game : Here or here. :)

Notes :

• -Are only available for the alpha : a little part of the main quest, and a side mission.
    • -You will maybe encounter some bugs not corrected yet.
    • -Incomplete maps (Miss textures, elements and IA).
    • -Temporaries things like dialogues, missions, intro, or even the menu for example (Some elements has been arranges for the alpha).
    • -Maybe some grammar errors or other (lol)
    • -In the alpha, you can only enter in buildings and houses when they have a door. When you see only a black hole in the wall, you can’t enter.
    • -You can’t access to some places in the alpha. They are blocked by little yellow barriers.

It would be nice if you guys could give me your impression about the game. Do not hesitate to give your opinion about it ! It would help me a lot ! I want to improve my game as far as I can, so I’m open for all suggestions, comments, or also advices…Do not also hesitate to give ideas. :)

Please report bugs too if you can.

• Yuna Farron

Thanks for your support !

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Looks promising so far. I'm looking forward to this!

By the way, how did you make those face images? Did you draw them by yourself or did you create them with that RPG Maker MV or something else?

Well, as a main character of MG3, Paru is the obvious warrior. Even if Peace sounds like a perfect healer/protector name (especially for those who doesn't know about "Yuria peace" thing), I would make Nanashi the healer/protector. Because, if I remember correctly, Nanashi was the least offensive character of these three in the show and even in the last episodes she was just running, not fighting. Peace, on the other hand, turned out to be a decent and acrobatic fighter in the end. So, I would make Peace the archer. However, it is your game, so it's totally up to you decide the roles. ;)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  3. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Thank you !! :)

Well for the face models I created them with the character generator of RPG Maker MV. Very good new feature !

Thanks for your advices, it's really great to have another point of view and ideas. And now that you mentioned it that's indeed true about Nanashi, you've got a point. I forgot this but indeed she is the one who fight the less, so it should be better to put her like a healer a bit aside the fight. Then put Peace like an archer because of her fighting abilities. Ok well I'm going to do that. ;)

4. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Opinion Poll :

Do you guys prefer that I make the musics by myself (it will take more time tho to release the game) or I use musics of MG and random musics of dramas that will suit with the ambience ? :)

5. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Anyway, Smartphone version should be last on list. It was so much work...

Edit reason: maybe i let some offical post there...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  6. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Don't worry about the smartphone version. I begin by the PC one.
    "And thats is last offical post there" => ?

7. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Difficult. My self do mix both ( i mean my music and dramas music)... Are that turn base?

8. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Oh I see you think it's better if I do both ? My own music + dramas ones for the game ?

9. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

I do myself, but I don't even have idea what you're do.
    Remember copyright.

10. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    My game won't be famous so normally I won't have any copyright problems at all. :)

11. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Well but what kind of battles you will use? At that almost RPG maker 2k3 or what?
    Are you use earlier RPG maker than MV?

12. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah like I said already, I'm using a Final Fantasy style of battle. And yes I used the other RPG Maker before, I'm really pro with RPG Maker VX Ace, and that's the first time I make a game with MV.

13. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Well... Then it is will that side screen think.

I only have demo at vx ace.
    And low time trial at mv also. It was little disappoint.

14. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I will put some screens of the battle system soon.

Well VX Ace is great but I agree that MV is disappoint. Fortunately it has just been released some time ago, so there are updates coming.

15. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Well whose it was... Anyway good luck

16. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Thank you for your support !

17. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Update :

Nanashi :
    [​IMG]

Peace :
    [​IMG]

Prison entrance sample in-game :
    [​IMG]

Inside the prison place sample :
    [​IMG]

Title screen (temporary one), with MG3 opening theme music :
    [​IMG]

18. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Nice and I am how it say?
    Well ... I waiting to see next pictures!!

19. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Thanks glad you like it ! 22.gif

20. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

These maps tells at you're use it nicely... That title... Oh my.
    You're can use it...

Are you use rtp or are you know how that auto tile think work?
    What else rpg/game making program you're are used than Rpg maker?