[PC GAME] MajisukaFightSim

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by JeijeiFin, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Oh if only.... -_-

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNR83BgpDPY[/yt]

I wonder how this person got an instrumental of the MG season 1 OP. Is there a soundtrack out yet?

2. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

• ^
      Majisuka Rock'n'Roll has been released on Sakura no Shiori's Type A, with an instrumental version too : D

3. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Awesome! I'm trying to find it somewhere as we speak. Little difficult though.

I really wish they would release a MG OST. I would love to have Black's, Center's and the "Getting Maji" theme. [party]

4. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

5. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Awwww. Thanks for that. It was getting really hard to find a Hi-Fi of that and the OP theme.

In return, check out what I did happen to stumble upon.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx5IPte3eik[/yt]

I like the enthusiasm of this guy. [rock]

6. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Releasing next version of MajisukaFightSim will take some more time, because implementing the Campaign game requires much more work than I expected. I cannot release it this week, but next week propably.

However, here is a little teaser about the next version... :)

[​IMG]

7. bluedarkness12

bluedarkness12 Kenkyuusei

I hope u can have it out by tomorrow night or so bc I will be out with internet for a few days starting on friday

8. Atsu-nee

Atsu-nee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    yeah! today finally!! i pass the game!! I win Center with Maeda!!

:inlove: great game!!

9. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Chapter 1 is almost ready now, but there is still a lot of testing to do. Anyway, I'm trying to release next version before the final episode of MG2 has started on Friday.

Teaser number 2 here :)

[​IMG]

10. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

MajisukaFightSim version 0.2.3 is now released can be downloaded at the MajisukaFightSim website.

Chapter 1 of Campaign game is now playable. I have also tried to make Rounds game more interesting by adding new skills and characters (for example there is Shibuya&Dance duo now in Round 2). I also added 1 round (so now there is 13 rounds) and damage calculating is also improved.

(Sorry about the delay with releasing this new version, but even when Akasan provided me some images for the game and revised the script, there was still so much work with the Campaign game.)

Changes at version 0.2.3:
    - Added Chapter 1 of the Campaign Game.
    - Added items to the game
    * "Energy Drink" restores 20 HP.
    * "Bandages" restore 50 HP.
    * Rounds game starts now with 1 Energy Drink and 1 Bandage.
    - Improved damage calculating.
    * Attack power will now guarantee some amount of damage (unless attack is dodged). For example a character with attack power 100 will now always do >10 pts damage and character with attack power 40 will always do >4 pts damage.
    * Maximum damage that character can inflict is now a bit lower than in earlier versions.
    * Defense will now guarantee some protection. So, even if a certain character could do for example 40 pts damage against Lemon, it is no longer possible to do the same amount of damage against Maeda, who has higher defense.
    - Added one round to the Rounds Game, having 13 rounds now.
    - Changed Round 2 by adding characters to both teams.
    - Changed Round 7 by removing one character from the battle.
    - Changed Round 8 by adding characters to both teams.
    - Maji mode no longer makes character immune to stun effect.
    - Added Little Kabuki a new skill "The Boston Crab".
    - Added Shaku a new skill "Kick".
    - Added Gakuran a new skill "Flying Kick".
    - Added Gakuran a new skill "Concentrate Mode".
    - Added Comeback a new skill "Hold"
    - Added Comeback a new skill "Intimidate"
    - Added Comeback a new skill "Pipe Attack"
    - Added Mayuge a new skill "Pipe Attack"
    - Added Mariyagi a new skill "Blind"
    - Added Mariyagi a new skill "Pipe Attack"
    - Added Sanshoku a new skill "Intimidate"
    - Added Sanshoku a new skill "Pipe Attack"
    - Added Daruma a new skill "Intimidate".
    - Added Unagi a new skill "Kick".
    - Added Wota a new skill "Intimidate".
    - Added Jumbo a new skill "Intimidate".
    - Added Rice a new skill "Blind".
    - Added Sanae a new skill "Intimidate".
    - Added Chiharu a new skill "Blind".
    - Added Yabakune 3rd Year (Chikarina) a new skill "Pipe Attack".
    - Added Kanburi a new skill "Distract".
    - Changed Myao's HP a little.

General tips and intructions:
    - Use keys W, A, S and D to move your party on map.
    - "Party Selection" button opens a window, where you can choose which characters actively fight in the battles.
    - "Purchase Skills" button opens a window, where you can use Party XP Points to purchase items or special skills for your characters.
    - You can save your progress in locations marked with "S". Save often and use multiple savegame files (savegame1, savegame2, ...), because you may want to load an older savegame later and try to do something differently.
    - If you seem to miss your attacks too often, try using dodge lowering skills (Irritate, Blind, Hold) on opponent first and/or use characters with the highest accuracy values to attack them.
    - When it gets tough, use Items for healing. A character can heal herself or other party members.
    - Chapter 1 is a bit longish, so I suggest playing for example just one map (or less) at a time and then taking a break. Otherwise the game may become too boring.

11. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the update. I will try it later. :)

12. mixedmedia

mixedmedia Kenkyuusei

Cool! It's a lot less random feeling now! Being able to restore HP also helps a lot.

Definitely see what you mean about the Campaign mode getting a bit tedious if you play for a while. Does Chapter 1 end before they find Rappappa's club room or did I just miss it? Wow, you need a LOT of points to buy skills but I guess that prevents the game from being too easy, huh? So far Tsuri might be the least useful.

13. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

I've only had time to play beta when I needed to go over the final details and feel of the script. But if it's basically the same, finding Rappappa's club room is an option of many and Chapter 1 ends much further and outside of Majijo with an intriguing cliffhanger... ;) It's a wild ride!

14. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Errr... Jeijei, I think I found a bug?

After purchasing "distract" for Mukuchi, Docchi does a "defend" instead when i use "formation" and... her "blind" becomes "use item." I just started playing it tho and this is my first play. :^^;:

I re-loaded before buying "distract" and "formation" works fine.
    I attached my last save file (which is before buying distract) if you want to look into it...

IMO, the game's got great potential btw :awesome:

Attached Files:

15. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Thanks for info. It sounds like purchasing process has failed somehow when you purchased "formation" and that has caused everything you discribed. However, I couldn't repeat the bug using your savegame (there is nothing wrong with that savegame file). After loading game I purchased "distract" and in the next fight both "distract" and "formation" worked fine.

I suppose you don't have savegame after the bug appeared, because that savegame would be much more useful for finding the bug?

16. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    True that. After I closed the game. And now having reopened the game the skills are working fine.
    Maybe it's the way I was playing it? Since the fights were getting... long... I started to try to get to the "?" without getting a fight by keeping on loading when I got in one (and I reloaded too if the "?" result was not good enough)... :^^;: :^^;: :^^;:
    Then on one of those reloads, the combat screen didn't vanish so I went "new campaign" instead, did the first bit, saved (different game), then reloaded...

so perhaps i was just abusing the save/load function a bit too much :fear:

17. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Well, this "combat screen not vanishing when loading game" thing I can explain. :) It may happen, if you start loading game just when opponent has started doing her action. However, this can happen only, if you start loading game within a certain millisecond.

I'm adding more safety checks to the next version. Meanwhile, if loading game happens to fail, just exit the game, restart it and load savegame again. Then everything should work fine.

18. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

"Check out situation at Rappappa's clubroom" is the first (and easiest) quest you can complete. The clubroom is in 3rd floor, but you don't actually need to go in the room to complete the quest. (And if you go there, remember to save your game first. ;))

19. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

I won both of it, the round game and the campaign. Even managed to beat Habu in Campaign using Nezumi and Team Hormone. :)

You did a great job with this game. It becomes way much more balance now. And the plot is interesting. Hope you won't abandon this game since Majisuka is over.

* There's a bug i think. After I charm Sanae, she was automatically added in my team and keep following me even after the battle. Is it just my computer or what? This is the saved game. Check it out yourself. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6655371/mj.sav

20. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Nope! JeiJei's got a lot of chapters to go and some very exciting stuff coming up. The Majijo game will be your fix till a "possible season 3" at least... [party]

I can't speak for JeiJei, but from what I've worked on and seen come out of the season finale last night it's going to be more of an alternative take on the Majijo Universe while still keeping the respect of the show. You could say the Majijo game starts somewhere after episode 11... That might be a good thing for some people that didn't like the season finale... [hehe]

Expect Nezumi's world to be opened up a bit as well. She and Lemon have been the most fun to write for. :blush: