[PC GAME] MajisukaFightSim

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by JeijeiFin, Jun 9, 2011.

1. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

I won it. The last battle is quite hard but as long as you have a lot of bandage, you should be fine. Anyway, thanks for the game. The gameplay kinda repetitive but the story is quite interesting. Better than the last episode of majisuka actually. :D

2. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

I will release a new version of the game next week. There will be some new settings that should have always been in the game. I'm also adding a new item to be used in both game modes and a couple of new rounds to the Rounds Game. And you never know, maybe someone of the Oshima triplets will be fighting in the new rounds as well... :)

In the future releases I will probably add somekind of two players game mode to the game, but that won't be in the next week's update yet.

3. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

There will be two new settings in the next version. Both settings will be available in the Game Settings dialog (View -> Settings).

Game pace in fights can be set to "normal" or "fast". If it is set to "fast", AI characters will do their actions very quickly. It might be a bit hard to follow who is hitting who, but I'm sure that at least those who are playing campaign game, will appreciate this setting. :)

Campaign difficulty can be set to "normal" or "easy". When it is set to easy, there will be less random fights and usually less opponents in the fights too. For example in chapter 1 there is a fixed fight against 5 GES members instead of 6.

Both settings can be changed back and forth anytime, so if you start playing campaign with "normal" difficulty and find it too hard, you can change difficulty to "easy" and continue playing.

[​IMG]

4. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

MajisukaFightSim version 0.4.7 is released and can be found at the MajisukaFightSim website.

I added two epic rounds (round 14 and 15) to the Rounds Game and changed the ending as well. The Campaign difficulty can now be set to "easy", which means less random encounters and generally less opponents in the fights. Also the game pace in fights can now be set to "fast", which means quicker battles. Both the new settings are available in the Game Settings dialog (View -> Settings).

I also added the first offensive item, "Wooden Chair", to the game. "Wooden Chair" provides +25% attack power for the next attack. "Wooden Chair" is available in the Rounds Game and chairs can be found and purchased in the Campaign game as well.

Changes at version 0.4.7:
    - Added a new Game Settings dialog (View->Settings).
    - Added new difficulty level "Easy" to the Campaign.
    - The game pace in battles can now be set to fast/normal.
    - Added two new rounds to the Rounds Game, having 15 rounds now.
    - Added new offensive item "Wooden Chair" to the game.
    * "Wooden Chair" gives +25% attack power for a single attack.
    * Rounds Game starts now with 1 Wooden Chair.
    - Added new skill "Power Punch" to Sado.
    - Added new skill "Hold" to Sado.

5. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

This game is totally amazing.

I was just thinking it could be made a little kewler if the pictures changed as the combatants became injured, but then I realized that the game would look much better if you did 3-D renderings of all the characters with animations and full voice acting for all the dialogue.

So, other than that little tweak of making the game a fully rendered game with movable camera angels and a sophisticated physics engine for blood spatters, it is an amazingly fun experience. I only just found the locket and I am looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

Amazing and kewl.

6. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

^ At some point I actually planned to use bloody character picture when character's HP < 50%. However, I dropped the idea, because that would have required a lot of PhotoShopping and didn't seem to be worth it. Full voice acting for all the dialogue and advanced 3D graphics would of course be cool, but most likely will never happen in this game.

Anyways, I will release a new version of the game with a new game mode "Two Player Match" this week:
    - Both players play on same PC.
    - The match ends when one of the players has required number of wins (=rounds won).
    - In the beginning of each round both players will pick one character at a time (player 1 picks first character, then player 2 picks next, after that player 1 picks again and so on).
    - Match can be handicapped so that I for example let my opponent pick 4 characters for his team while I'm picking only 3.
    - Each character can be selected only once in the match. Meaning that all the characters that are fighting in round 1 cannot be selected again in later rounds.

[​IMG]

7. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

MajisukaFightSim version 0.5.8 is now released and can be downloaded at the MajisukaFightSim website.

I added a new game mode "Two Player Match" in the game. In the beginning of each round both players can freely select characters to their party. However, each characters can be selected only once in a match. Both players start each round with 1 Bandages, 1 Energy Drink and 1 Wooden Chair. Scoreboard (with interesting background music) is shown after each round.

Changes at version 0.5.8:
    - Added new game mode "Two Player Match".
    - Added a small visual thing to highlight character whose turn it is to act.
    - Lowered Black's speed a little.

8. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

The two player match is a brilliant idea. But I don't have anyone in my house to play with so it kinda useless. Unless you can make it online but that kinda impossible right?

9. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

^ I could have made two player match on LAN instead of two player match on same computer, but I don't think I'm doing them both. On the other hand, online lobby where people could chat and challenge each other to match doesn't sound very realistic for this game.

10. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

Hey there Jeijei :D I was wondering when you'd create those team bonuses I'd inquire about on Facebook. Plus, I'd like to see another chapter, especially since we need to use a lot of characters in the Campaign Mode. Anyways, keep up the good work and I hope you continue with this project of yours :D

11. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

^ At the moment the Kabuki Sisters get Kabuki Bonus (+25% defense and +25% dodge) as long as they are both fighting in the same side and neither one is KO. Team Fondue and Team Hormone don't have team bonuses, but I don't think they are necessary, because Team Fondue leader has defensive party skill "Formation" and Team Hormone leader has offensive party skill "Encourage". I planned to add leadership bonus for Maeda Atsuko so that as long as Maeda is up, all Rappappa members (including graduated members) in party would get somekind of bonus, but I never implemented that.

I had 90% of chapter 4 dialogue already written, when I released chapter 3. However, I think most of the people who downloaded the game never even completed chapter 1. That's why I think there is no point making any new chapters, because there are so few people who could actually play them. New game mode (or a new game) would be more likely, but I haven't have any good ideas lately and not too much freetime either. But we'll see.

Btw, it's cool there is a Facebook page about this game, but I'm not using Facebook, so I'm not following it and I have never written anything there. :)

12. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

Really? I was the most vocal guy in that Facebook page and I really thought you were the one directly replying on my wall posts regarding game suggestions. Anyways, I do hope you could have a CPU option to fight in the 2-player fighting game.

If I could add in inputs, I hope you could put an option wherein you could mute the BG music and add in a fight theme, probably the music that plays whenever Acchan's about to fight in Maji S1. Maybe you could also throw in insane group bonuses like a "Not Yet" or a "French Kiss" bonus if you have such members in tow. As per member bonuses for Team Fondue and Team Hormone formations, why not add a specific skill when they're together (e.g. have a Cheese Fondue Skill that would make Fondue Members generate 5 hp in a turn but can only be used once; Team Hormone would have a Yakiniku Grill instead for 10 hp, something like that).

Anyways, that just some suggestions from someone who's really into what you've been doing ;) Keep up the good work Jeijei! [clap]

13. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Two player match probably wouldn't work well as player vs. computer, but today I got an idea of a new interesting single player game mode I could add to the game. More info when/if I actually start implementing it.

"Regen" as team skill doesn't sound too bad. We'll see.

14. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

Speaking of Minigames, why not have a Daruma Minigame or a Hormone/Fondue Minigame. Daruma's minigame might be like that of Street Fighter's bonus stage wherein you break things but Daruma would headbutt anything. For Team Hormone and Team Fondue, a Cooking Mama-esque minigame of cooking may be nice. Oh and please please please do make Chapter 4! I know you've been having second thoughts about it but I play the game mainly because of the campaign!

15. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

I'm implementing a new single player game mode at the moment. In Campaign game you can fight pretty much all the battles using only your strongest characters, but in the new game mode you can't, because the characters need to rest after being in battle. Thus selecting the characters for each round will be tactically at least as important as the fight itself, especially because you can usually see your opponents before selecting your party. More details later. :)

16. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

If you're gonna do that Jeijei, would it be okay if you could add a mode wherein we could flee a battle? That would be tactical too in that case. But add a caveat though. Like not allow consecutive flees. :D

17. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

More details later, but in the new game mode losing a single fight is part of the game and not game over, so option to flee doesn't seem very important (because flee/forfeit would be same as losing, only a bit faster).

18. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

What I was thinking was more of a Pokemon-like game. When someone's injured, she wouldn't have her health regenerated and would need to go to a safehouse for healing. And the only way for you to access new party members would be that same safehouse as well. That's why I went with the idea of flee. When we lose the fight, we're pointed to a "continue from previous save", right? But that is a game over if you'd ask me. That's why I see fleeing is a tactical move --- to go change your members. Am I making any sense [speechless]

19. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Well, I haven't played any Pokemon game, but as far as I can see fleeing would only make some sense in Campaign Game, but I'm not doing that now. In the Rounds Game, Two Player Match and that new game mode I'm implementing there is no point to flee a battle, really. :)

Yes, that is game over, but it won't be like that in new game mode, you'll see. ;)

20. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

oh okay. Sorry. got Campaign mode confused with this new game mode you've been suggesting :p Anyways, I can't wait for it! :D