[POLL] Team K captain

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Apr 7, 2011.

?

Choose your captain (Team K)

1. Akimoto Sayaka

124 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Fujie Reina

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Itano Tomomi

7 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Kikuchi Ayaka

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Matsui Sakiko

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  6. Minegishi Minami

9 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. Miyazawa Sae

6 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Nakatsuka Tomomi

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  9. Nito Moeno

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  10. Nonaka Misato

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Oshima Yuko

42 vote(s)
    19.4%
  12. Tanabe Miku

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  13. Uchida Mayumi

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  14. Umeda Ayaka

13 vote(s)
    6.0%
  15. Yokoyama Yui

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  16. Yonezawa Rumi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ Wow, you're sooo biased on both part reading you was like watching a pendulum :D

2. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Well, just to clear things up - when I say stage presence, I don't mean when they're literally on the Stage Shows. I meant on "stage" in general like even on TV shows. And so far, I've seen Miichan showing more presence than Sayaka in the TV shows I've seen. Sayaka can be very funny I know. But to me, Miichan is better. Like I said earlier, her fearlessness and her ability to get strangers to get high are really impressive to me.

And no, I'm totally not into Team K's style. They are my least favorite team that's why I said I would prefer if Miichan can be the captain and change things around.

So in conclusion, I guess what I'm saying is not that Miichan would certainly be the BEST captain for Team K. But Miichan is the person in Team K that I PREFER to see being the captain so she may run things her way [hehe]. Though we did kind of talked about whether a captain can actually influence a team's style or not. If not, then Miichan will probably not be my choice. I might choose Yuko instead.

3. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Biased or not...this is a thread about Team K. I say what I think is best for them...I love this team damn a lot XD

4. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    ^ btw .. just look at my Top 8 in the signature. I am Team A Oshi ohohoho :^O^: ... maybe I'm in the wrong thread ... :awesome:

and if you're curious, my #9 is Mayuyu and #10 is Miichan. so my Top 10 is pretty much filled with majority Team A and 3 from Team B. Miichan being the only Team K but then to me, she doesn't even feel like a Team K member :XD:

5. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    I don't think this is a good reason to reject a non-original k member (not only Miichan) to become a new captain. This is a new Team K and people should not always stick with the old Team K. There should be differentiation between original Team K members or non-original ones. The reason why I don't prefer Miichan to be Team K captain is not because she is not an original member of the team, but because I think she still loves Team A more than Team K.

6. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @yic17
    I was going to point out your favourite members and the relevance to this thread...but seems like you did it yourself...
    If you don't care much about Team K as much as some of us do, you shouldn't have been so insistent about getting Miichan as captain....O.O
    Heavens even you say Miichan doesn't feel like a Team K member.
    How are you gonna expect her to lead Team K then?! she can lead maybe a subunit or something else...but my dear not Team K. :fp:

@sikanwan
    I understand what you mean...I've thought about it too...maybe you're right once there are no remaining original K members left that is...why it's important for me to have an original K as captain because she would have seen K evolve and know about the dynamics of the entire team from beginning to end. She would have seen the changes the team would have gone through and hence with her experience be able to adapt better to the needs of the new team. That is in my view of course. feel free to debate otherwise.

7. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    But see .. it's because I don't like the current Team K style that's why I want Miichan. I am talking about a revolution .. Team K Mii-version!! :XD:

Obviously, anyone who likes the old or current Team K will not agree with me. Because I pretty much want to change Team K to something else. It's just my preference though.

Anyways, I don't think it's going to happen in reality - so no worries there [hehe]

8. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    ^
    Good, cause with all due respect, I really can't see Miichan as Team K captain.
    The day that happens, Team K probably won't be my favourite team anymore. I'll probably jump over to Team A...

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

That would be your rightful choice. However, I don't think the captain is that important. Many people complained when Yukirin became the captain of Team B but it seems that it has never been so 'healthy'...

10. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    ^
    The captain is gonna be important for some of us...Of course it may be unhealthy...but perhaps it's cause well I feel each team has established a type of identity throughout the years. Perhaps like @yic17 if you want a brand new image, then I guess anyone at all in Team K could be captain...but as for me, I don't want Team K's identity to be all too different the time Sayaka leaves...Miichan for example would be too drastic a change for me.

I guess you could say I'm very attached to Team K and I don't want Team K to change too much in years to come because it was Akimoto Sayaka and Team K that eventually led me to become a full AKB48 fan...I have kinda an attachment to Team K now because of that...

Omigosh I missed this out earlier!! Well I feel that was in a way true of the old Team K...but Sayaka just emerged as a natural leader among them even way back then. I think how she became an "official captain" instead of an unofficial one did add some burden to her shoulders...and it's tough for anyone to take. I think she has done a fine job though coping with it all in all...But you do have an interesting point there.

11. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    I think that's team B's identity in some sense :fear:

12. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Isn't leadership mostly about seniority in Japan. That's why I can not see Miichan leading team K. Traditions are very important.
    Maybe someone could take a time and sort all Team K members based on their age then we could have more objective bases to specualate who might actually lead it after Sayaka.

13. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    ^ But Takamina is not the oldest in Team A or AKB48 yet she's the captain of both. She's only 20 years old. Mariko is 25 and Kojiharu is 23.

And for Team B, Kitarie is also older than Yukirin - by one month =P

For Team K, Yuko is 23, Umechan is 22, and Sae is 20 (turning 21 next month).

14. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Kashiwagi is the sixth oldest on her Team. Older than her are Natsuki, Amina, Mariya, Kana, and then Rie.

Captaincy in AKB is not based on seniority.

15. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Hmmmm senpai-kouhai is usually not based on age. It's as you said based on seniority : those who were there before know more than those who came more recently, and so, must be respected and must teach to the newest members.

In this system, Miichan, who was in AKB even before the existence of team K is a senpai to all members of original K ... I am not sure this is the system you're looking for :p

And senpai-kouhai is effectively not strictly followed in AKB (it still has an influence).

16. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^
    I was going to point this out too, but as far as dynamics within a team goes.. we should only count time spent in that team in this case.

I've been following Miichan's growth since the end of 2005. I've been her fan since that time... I don't miss much, if anything, when it comes to her. All the shows, blogs, comments you've read.. I have as well. The things you see as" bad" are frankly your opinion. To imply that my admiration for her has blinded me to reality is nonsense.

You say she's selfish? A big ego? She's actually quite humble. Wanting more screen time has been a running joke more than an actual character trait. I've seen how she treats the members and staff. You'll be hard pressed to find a more compassionate member.

You don't like how she acts goofy and is basically a camera-hog. That's what some of us love about her.. So to say that's a character flaw as well is very subjective. I see it as an entertainer doing a job well. That's what these girls are after all, entertainers.

The girl is human, she has her moments where she's behaving badly... crying, pouting, whatever.. but you can say that about anyone. I just think your feelings on her are based on your own personal tastes more than anything else.

As captain, Miichan would do well. She would lead that team with passion much like Sayaka does, imo. The fact she's a transfer is what keeps people from thinking she doesn't fit in with the rest of Team K.. especially the remaining original members. I feel bad for her that this is the case, but I won't try to argue that she should be captain. I'm here to defend the case that she would be a good choice for one, that's all.

17. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Close this thread, no point of having it. Akimoto Sayaka IS the Captain, period!

18. sayayumina

sayayumina Kenkyuusei

I totally agree Sayaka is forever the one true captain of Team K :^O^:

19. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    ^
    ^ I think the point of the thread was so people could duke out who they think should be (or could be) team captain regardless of who actually is team captain. :^^;:

Q F T

Either you're concept of what is good does not coincide within three standard deviations of the norm or you do not really look as deeply as you claim you do. If you actually looked that deeply for those things that fall under your concept of bad, then the good that would be at that level would certainly out-weigh anything else. But the thing is, what is good is relative, just as what you think is bad is, and it seems you have already focused your mind into purely seeing what you consider is bad and have shut your eyes out on the rest. Otherwise, your ventures at deep looking may not actually be as deep as you claim you do. [nod]

20. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    You're probably right, (although she pouts alot, it's her daily expression)

What!?(i can't get what you just wrote.)
    Anyway it before it goes on anymore, please take a look at your own Minegishi bias as well and see if you're really looking as deeply as you claim.