1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[Poll] Who should be the center for the 7th single?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ohPomeloo, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Who do you think should be the next center for Nogizaka46?

1. Shiraishi Mai

22 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Ikoma Rina

8 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Nishino Nanase

5 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Hashimoto Nanami

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  5. Matsumura Sayuri

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Ikuta Erika

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  7. Sakurai Reika

6 vote(s)
    8.8%
  8. Takayama Kazumi

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Akimoto Manatsu

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  10. Wakatsuki Yumi

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  11. Fukagawa Mai

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  12. Inoue Sayuri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Saito Yuri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Ito Marika

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Nakada Kana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Hoshino Minami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Eto Misa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Saito Asuka

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  19. Kashiwa Yukina

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Others (please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ohPomeloo

ohPomeloo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    So with the 7th single coming up, who do you think should be the next center?
    Also talk about who you would like to see in senbatsu in your post!

2. support

support Kenkyuusei

Re: Who do you think should be the next center for Nogizaka4

Well based on the handshake events and various thoughts I would predict the next senbatsu (including positions) to be:

Hashimoto Nanami, Shiraishi Mai, Nishino Nanase, Ikuta Erika
    Wakatsuki Yumi, Matsumura Sayuri, Akimoto Manatsu, Sakurai Reika

Ito Junna, Ito Marika, Inoue Sayuri, Ikoma Rina, Fukagawa Mai, Hori Miona, Takayama Kazumi, Eto Misa

out: Hoshino Minami, Nakada Kana, Saito Yuri
    in: Hori Miona, Ito Junna, Eto Misa

I predict a four person centre with Maiyan and Naachan centering and Nanami and Ikuta at the sides. This is because I can see management putting Ikuta back into the front just to have someone younger up there again now that Matsumura, although still very popular, has shown a chink of weakness during handshakes. This combined with the fact that handshake results are getting less skewed would give the management more freedom and less pressure as opposed to before imo. Nanase and Shiraishi are pretty much neck to neck but I can see management not wanting to confuse the wider public and thus keep Shiraishi as center for now.

I'm not sure about Ikoma being out of the top 8...but her handshakes really aren't very good at all and if they bring her back to centre again then her image as the face will become too permanent imo. I think it's 50-50 that she will be in or out of top 8 replacing Wakasama. But since I'm biased I do want Wakasama to be in it just for a change <3 . Hey...a girl can dream.

Due to management's habit of shoving unprepared girls into things I can see them greenlighting Hori Miona and Ito Junna despite the huge difference in popularity. I didn't count in Hinako just because she is slightly older. At the very least I can see Hori Miona in it and Junna replaced with Hoshino Minami.

I think Saito Yuri will be replaced with Eto Misa as they are the same age and I am sure they are sick of complaints by now. I don't see Ito Marika going anywhere chiefly because she's pretty young, showed good results for her age group and mostly because I like her oddball personality :p

I don't think this is too unreasonable because other than the top 9 the other handshake scores aren't too different to each other. I do have reserved another senbatsu prediction for when the management goes completely over the top on me a la the Ikoma centre period:

Ikoma Maiyan Naachan
    Hori Miona, Nanamin, Ikuta, Sayurin, Reika
    Junna, Eto Misa, SaitoYuri, Akimoto, Wakasama, Fukugawa, Inoue Sayuri, Ito Marika

3. kabuki

kabuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika

Ikuta & maiyan for Double center

I love mgnt pair them together in garuru

Maiyan is the face of nogizaka and Ikuta is the character of nogizaka
    Among 48group no other member has the same character & abilities as Ikujan

Nishino should be double center in 2nd row with nanamin

Time to let ikoma go to the wing and manattsu back in 2nd row

This is my wish but in reality base on othet 48group
    Members who are popular in handshake event or others has a good chance to enter senbsu but fhe kami/haji position mgnt will choose whom answer the meaning of the group espescially.
    The center position

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think Ikoma should stay as the center... in the second row.
    If she isn't as popular as the other girls, well... you have to listen to the fans, I guess.
    But I wish she did a drastic change in her attitude and image, stopped crying and went all badass.

5. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Matsumura Sayuri. Period. Just look at her, she's made to be a star.

Though I admit Ikoma is getting more and more likable. She often makes me laugh the most in Nogibingo.

6. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    I voted Ikuchan, but I'm fine with either Maiyan or Naachan as centre too. Ideally I want to see either Ikuchan or Naachan as double centre to Maiyan. Maiyan as centre have contributed to Garuru's splendid sale, so it make sense for her to continue to be the flagbearer. Being the most popular, I think this also makes her the one member most capable to attracting ppl to Ngzk. Ikuchan methink need a bit of time to show her talent & personality before she can leave an impression methink, this & her communication skill makes me think she would make a very effective double centre with Maiyan, with Maiyan raising ppl's interest initially & Ikuchan pulling them deeper into the fandom lol.

As for Naachan, I kind of want her in just because I feel that she is receiving much less resources than what I would like to see her get considering her popularity. Being the more quiet & timid one might make her less suitable as centre too. I do think she is more capable the she is perceived to be however.

Also, regarding senbatsu. What I would like to see,
    Sayurin Maiyan Ikuchan Nanamin
    Manattan Maimai Naachan Wakasama

Hinapyon Misamisa Yukina Reika
    Ashurin Himetan Rottii Sayu​

Basically I'm just trying to squeeze as much Unders as I think it's reasonably possible into senbatsu lol, with members I like & think have momentum getting priority. I would prefer the 2nd gen to at least wait until the next single before entering senbatsu, because I want the Unders to get priority first. Also, since Ngzk now have more members then before, maybe expanding the size of senbatsu to something like 21 or 23 can work as well.

Honestly speaking tho the above senbatsu is almost impossible to happen lol. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miona entering senbatsu too. There's no way Ikoma is dropping too considering the huge amount of exposure she's getting recently. I'm predicting:

Maiyan Ikoma Nanamin
    Ikuchan Sayurin Naachan Wakasama Reika

Kazumin Manattan Minami Maimai + four more girls
    (Bebitan Sayu Yuttan & Kanarin at risk of falling out.)​

Putting that front because it was these three members that appeared in the waiting screen for the Ameba Pegg live stream. Based on live report, it might be a Maiyan x Naachan wCentre tho. Hard to tell really lol.

7. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I voted for Ringo, because I <3 her and I want her to be happy :D

Good of the group? What's that? :p
    If I was voting for talent, of all the usual frontgirls, I'd probably go with Ikuta...

8. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    As much as I would like Ikuchan to be center, I dont think it will happen soon (or at least in the next single). Just like what I've reported in the Manatsu Zepp Tour thread, there was this segment when the Hachi fukujin were on stage, and Maiyan and Naachan were the center. And everyone else was at the back (2 rows only)

Also based on handshake sales, while Maiyan was still the most popular girl, Naachan really made a remarkable handshake sales in Girls Rule.

So for me, I would bet Maiyan and Naachan as center, and Ikuchan, Nanamin, Reika, Kazumin, Sayurin and Ikoma as Hachi fukujin.

9. Rana

Rana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Maiyan, of course, look at garuru, if she still center, Nogi will the same with NMB or SKE

I will deeply disappointed if ikoma back to ace, a wrong...

10. z00z00

z00z00 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Should be the center: Ikuchan (for her talent and youngness) or Sayurin (for her idol-like appearance and persona) or Maiyan (for her beauty and massive fan base)

Likely the center: Ikoma for her dedication and enthusiasm, but mostly because of the management's favoritism. I guess they intend to set up an idol group which does not heavily rely on sex appeal like AKB, so using Ikoma as an counter-feminine image would be an effective way to keep the gravure stuff away from fans' expectation (even though I admit that skinny or tomboyish girls could be occasionally attractive, seeing Ikoma in bikini would be... too devastating for most men's taste)

For the 8, it would be great to have Rotti, Misamisa and Wakatsumi to get in because of their great potential and decent popularity, but there are already Ikoma, Maiyan, Nanase, Hashimoto, Reika, Sayurin and Ikuchan, so not much chance of getting a new face here, maybe Akimoto, Takayama or Sayunyan will get it.

For the senbatsu, any girl who has yet to entered should be selected at least once. Recruiting and training them for two years to be backup dancers is such a waste . Also maybe this time they will select 1 or 2 girls from 2nd gen I think.

11. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    I voted for the third option from bottom, I'm even surprised to find her listed. Good, except for that I'm currently the only one not only for her, but also whole bottom half of list...

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The thing with Ikoma is that she's too Acchanish, IMO. She's fragile. She cries when she gets the center like if she didn't want it and cries the same when it's taken away from her. I love the girl cause she's different, but... dunno. [worried]

Mai, on the other hand, gets the job done well and nicely, which is why I think they'll try again with her. She's popular, so they're safe with her (also, I haven't seen antis in this fandom. It seems everybody likes everybody lol)

13. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    While Ashu might not be commonly considered a contender for Ngzk's centre right now, I think it is very imaginable for her to be in the future! She's the youngest among all 1st gen members, & have very decent popularity despite the fact she don't often get into senbatsu! (^o^)

Every fandom have antis unfortunately, & that's true for Ngzk too. Most notably, Ikoma & Hoshimina have quite a bit of anti compared to the rest of the girls. Simply speaking this is mostly due to unequal resource distributions (which is understandable I suppose.) There aren't really much anti in the international fandom methink, but even so Ngzk members do get negative votes in that annual Stage vote (Ikoma being one of the few out of all to get negative total score.)

[​IMG]
    Also, someone created a picture of what hachi fukujin will look like if its completely based off current handshake results! (ohmai wakasama's feets lol) I dunno about you, but It looks pretty good to me actually! I would put manattan to the side tho, since she's one of the shorter girl. This is true for Reika too, but she's already at the side so its good. Any thoughts on it?

14. Kyulmie

Kyulmie Kenkyuusei

^
    Why is Sayurin below Manattan? Last time I checked, isn't she tied with Nanamin at 29/30 when Manattan capped at 28/28?

I think a Maiyan center is practically a given, since they basically promoted her as the new center. Idk it sounds like it's not a 1-single thing. The question is who will join her in the front row. Nanamin probably would. Sayurin's spot could be a struggle between her, Ikoma and Naachan.

A Nishino - Shiraishi - Hashimoto front would, frankly, be quite boring when it comes to variety.

15. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    i think this is captain's time, God, please :^O^: [angel]
    3 centers i want: Ikuchan - Captain - Maiyan
    and for senbatsu, include 2nd generation please,
    Nishikawa Nanami and Yada Risako first :inlove:

16. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    How is Sayurin below Manattan? [shock]
    If its up to be, the 2nd line's positioning would be: Reika, Wakasama, Sayurin, Ikuchan, Manattan. Reason being height considerations, & the fact that Reika & Wakasama are very close lol. I didn't create that picture though.

I agree the front would lack variety prowess with that proposed front. However I don't think it is necessary that the front be great at variety. That being said I do wish Sayurin get more opportunities to make use of her communication skills.

17. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez
    I voted for Reika because she's my NogiWifey~ :awesome:

Personally, I love HS event hachifukujin. All of them are my favs. but, I feel weird seeing naachan-maiyan-nanamin trio since I've gotten used to saurin-maiyan-nanamin trio :XD: I want to see wakatsuki enter hachifukujin.

My prediction for 7th single's senbatsu :
    Ikoma, Maiyan, sayurin, nanamin, Naachan, ikuchan, reika, wakatsuki/manatsu

Management's love for Ikoma is too big so it's impossible to see her out from hachifukujin. Reika's position as captain secures her hachifukujin spot. sayurin-maiyan-nanamin is forever in hachifukujin. Ikuchan, the most talented girl in N46. Naachan, who did very good in Girl's Rule's HS event. Sorry to say but I predict Kazumin will out from hachifukujin. This girl is funny and intersting. I don't understand why not many fans want to meet this girl. The girl who'll fill the last hachifukujin's spot is Wakatsuki or Manatsu.

18. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

Considering how the management was conservative until now, with just a change in the 2nd single (which imo was done just because the Sasshi competition stuff), I think probably the next center will be a double Maiyan + someone or even only her. Don't make sense after the improvement in sales from the 6th single they change back to Ikoma or trying Ikuchan.. it'll just put unnecessary pressure on either of them. I could say would be perfect a Maiyan&Ikoma now and changing to Ikuchan in the next.

But I always thought the best for the group is changing the center in every single. Some members have a great potential to change almost completely the image of the group just by standing in this position - imo Maiyan, Ikuchan, Yumi, Kazumin, Hoshino.. and lately I'm thinking in Manatsu too. Just for example, practically the only thing that changed in the previous single was the Maiyan trio and Ikoma positioning, with them switching places.. yet, this was a big change, enough to bring more interest to the group. Ikoma is shining like always with her spontaneousness, the same way Maiyan and the others were before. Nogizaka have a lot of unique and interesting members, but sometimes it feels like they are not making good use of all their talents with this senbatsu system.

About the others positions, I think finally they will put Misa in the senbatsu - this girl deserved a chance since their debut, really.. - and I think Hina (Kawago) and Yukina too - they are my favorites with Asuka in the current ug, and I think they would add a lot to the group; I was not sure about Yukina, but her sudden reappearance in the nogibingo makes me at least hope for this. Other than they, probably Rotti will be in too.

Dropping to ug, I think unfortunately Hoshino have the highest chances. I don't see Yuttan and Marika dropping together again, but maybe just one of them will be.

This is my thoughts until now.. but I would be really happy if those Maiyan&Nanase predictions turn out true. Biased speaking my perfect center trio would be Sayurin&Maiyan&Nanase, so I guess I'm ok with this too.

19. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    management shouldn't be versatile about who should be Center.

They already fixed their choice on Maiyan, and looking at the huge improvement in sales, it paid off.

So this time i vote for Maiyan.

20. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    I would love my oshimen Ikuchan to be center but I think for the next song will be quite energetic and rockish (due to the Naruto theme but who knows..). I think Maiyan will be a great center again for this type of song and lead the group to another sales success.

I don't mind Ikoma chan ofcourse but I think while previous songs like Seifuku no mannequin were fitting of her, Girls Rule and the new song to follow should go to Maiyan this time...