1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Well this show or whatever it is is likely to be Korean. It really doesn't matter what Japan thinks of it but I believe Aki-P has the power to bring peace to both sides through their shared love for music, cute girls and gravure.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

I doubt it as Mnet itself is not a music label and already is struggling to debut its girl group from Idol School. To handle the size of 48, it has to be a middle to big agency and I can't see a label of that size welcoming 48 concept. (K-pop labels have a different method to manage their idols and can't manage so many idols at once.)
    It's also noteworthy that Produce 101's producer has left Mnet. and Mnet's survival show after his departure (Idol School) was a snooze fest.
    Besides, no K-pop group of rotational concept has been successful.

I only know that concert ticket is cheap like shit in Korea, that is why no K-pop idol wanna run domestic tour. Indeed, Korea has fairly small domestic music market, K-pop is highly reliant on oversea markets, especially Japan. (This make this project even more ???)
    Yeah, I guess your 2. guess sounds more possible than SOL48.

By the way if this project is a success, oversea 48 groups must be shaken.

But, no gravure in K-pop (unless you talk about the like of Stellar).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    This is a group or just a TV show?

• Like Like x 1
  4. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

So far no other details have been released so we don’t have anything to go on other than this teaser. My best guess is that it’s going to borrow the produce 101 format but instead of forming a temporary group like IOI or Wanna One, the show will end with 20-25 girls being selected for the first gen of Seoul48.

Either that, or it’ll just be Produce 101 but with AKB songs so the Korean public can drum up some interest for when AKS formally announces a Korean sister group. Either way this is huge for me as a fan of both K and J Pop :D

(PS DID ANYONE SEE AKB PERFORMING PICK ME I DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN)

5. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    For those who have no idea what PD101 is, it's a VERY popular idol survival show in Korea. The concept of PD101 is to have a top 11 out of 101 trainees through popularity votes and debut them as a temporary 1 year group. They do weekly missions, evaluations, rankings and eliminations. They also get trained by well known proffesional trainers in dance, rap, and vocals of Kpop. I guess PD48 is something more permanent though. It's pretty much hunger games where only the top 11 remains. It's kinda like sousenkyo tbh. I just hope the show won't flop like MNET's other survival shows :p

PS. I'm lowkey hoping some AKB members make a guest appearance in the show :cute:

I died. XD I would've never imagined AKB dancing to Pick Me lmaooo. I wanna see the rehearsals so bad, and I'm waiting for fancams rn :cute:

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I mean ofcourse its going to be a Korean show, but this is associating the AKB brand with Korea which I dont think will reflect positively with the Japanese public (that already view AKB negatively)

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I hope Skrillex or The Chainsmokers would make song for this project.

• Like Like x 2
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

No one knows for sure but most popular theory is this is audition show for members of Korean 48 group. (In this case, I wonder which agency will foster these girls.)

Why does Mnet have to care Japanese public's opinion when this is a show for Korean public?

More likely, we will get Aki-p's ghost composer producing a song for this project.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I'm not talking about Mnet, I'm talking about AKS agreeing to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. miruru

miruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    Im just wondering what will snh react to this , i thought snh would expand to korea first before akb did it ...................

• Like Like x 3
  11. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
  12. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
  13. welp

welp Next Girls

Chinese market is too big for Chinese groups to care about Korea.

From soompi
    According to an official statement from Mnet, “Produce 48” is a project that will combine the competition system of “Produce 101,” featuring viewers selecting which idols will debut, with the “idols you can meet” concept of AKB48, which performs in a designated theater for fans.

“Produce 48” will aim to form a global girl group. Mnet has teamed up with AKB48’s producer Yasushi Akimoto for the project, and they’re collaborating with him to prepare a show that will present new experiences to Korean and Japanese viewers as well as music fans.

Mnet’s “Produce 48” will be airing in mid-2018, and this AKB48 and “Produce 101” collaboration is said to be a program that will be on an unprecedented scale.

Still, lacking info whether this will be a temp or permanent group and whether this will be a 48 sister group.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Yami

Yami Kenkyuusei

Is this confirm that for whatever group it is, this is girl group only?

• Like Like x 1
  15. woque

woque Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    If they want to make a permanent group, then they have to find independent trainees so that they are not restricted to other entertainment companies.

• Like Like x 1
  16. welp

welp Next Girls

"will aim to form a global girl group", looked like it.

Or, members will be kennins. (Like what happened to some i.o.i girls.)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    Kennin is the best way i think, but it's too hard to persuade kennin status to Korean agencies. IOI had it but unfortunately, even Wanna One have some problems when they must wait 1.5 years to back to their each member's agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. trxsh

trxsh Member

Oh, didn't see this thread. My post from the general thread:

Given this,
    ...my exact dream seems unlikely, but I'm interested either way. I still wish actual 48g members could participate, but if it's all Korean trainees I'm still interested.

I think anti-Japanese sentiment in Korea is more of a factor than anti-Korean sentiment in Japan. K- idols are still extremely popular and relevant in Japan. The only reason they seem less so than SNSD, Big Bang days is because there are SO MANY groups that are popular rather than a couple huge ones.
    But yeah, I don't see Japanese style idols going big in Korea, they tried (and failed) with SDN48.

• Like Like x 1
  19. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

Hopefully they release more details soon - if they're going to have regular theater performances, there's a high probability that they'll take in a larger number of girls instead of the 11 we'd normally expect from P101. Of course, that takes away from the drama because fans could be less motivated to powervote their faves since something like the top 30 could make the group. What might work is like top 21 make the group but only top 7 make senbatsu for the first single/mini album.

Ahhhh so many possiblities... I swear every time I think I'm done with Mnet's shadiness they pull me back in

• Like Like x 1
  20. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    The AKB48_Staff confirms what has been said above: PRODUCE48 will be a project which will merge the system of P101 and the concept of AKB48 (theater). No mention if the group will be Japanese, Korean, or how long will the project last. (source)

• Like Like x 1