1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Wow Secret Number got pretty big in my country because there is a girl from here in the group (the one in the thumbnail and singing the first line). I didn't even realized there is a pd48 contestant. Good to know!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Midori

Midori Member

She didn't get past the first elimination unfortunately, she didn't get much screen time at all. She was in Like Ooh Ahh Team 2 and I think she had like 1 line.

3. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

They made a big deal about her being a former YG trainee then basically ignored her.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Midori

Midori Member

Yep. She ended up at rank 69, if she'd had any screentime she might have made it.

Go Yujin, final rank 31, (who joined 8D Creative after the show and was rumored to be preparing to debut with Hyewon once IZ*One is disbanded) has announced that she has quit the entertainment industry and left the company.
    She hinted at problems with the company. Here's a translation of the announcement.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yeah I can't really remember her face, but I remember her name, because as @Jumparoo said, they use her status to boost the rating (kinda) and viewers seems to root for her (at least from what I saw in their team performance video)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Something tells me Go Yujin will continue being an idol at some point. There have been so many “I gave up on being an idol”, then months/years later they become an idol situations that have existed, I could count them on over both hands. And that’s from those who’ve been open about it.

Lee Soomin, who was a Fantagio trainee on Produce 101 left & said she was giving up on idol life. But than she went on Kpopstar, said she regretted it & wasn’t truly done, and now she’s a Mystic trainee (alongside Miyu) and is likely to debut soon.

Even Min from Miss A, she was originally gonna debut as a soloist under JYP, but that whole situation fell short. She left the company, they called her back later to ask if she wanted to debut in Miss A, and she did.

That’s not everyone’s case, but it’s more common than some may think. And something tells me Go Yujin ain’t exactly done for good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  8. Midori

Midori Member

RBW has dropped a debut trailer for their new girl group PURPLE K!SS, which was previously posting covers under the name 365 Practice. Na Goeun (final rank 29) and Park Jieun (final rank 80) are part of the lineup.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Goeun was in Very Very Very team 1 (with one third of IZ*One...) Energetic, and To Reach You while Park Jieun was in Mamma Mia team 1 (with Chiyori).

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    And they avoid naming any of the responsible agencies. (Because it leads to their girls)
    I allways found hard to believe this fraud can be only 2 men doing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

Gotta protect their money-makers, after the group's disbandment in 8 months.
    You aren't alone. I didn't buy that BS either.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. ikyu828

ikyu828 Kenkyuusei

imho looking at such a low amount of fine maybe the manipulation actually is not that severe
    maybe they only manipulate the position of the contestant who passed
    considering how big the news of the scandal it's weird they only got such a low fine for a big company

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "which is the maximum fine that they can impose according to current law."

14. Bee

Bee Kenkyuusei

Korean Law is much different to world law. It is hella unfair and there needs to be law reform in places, case and point Golden Sun, Seungri and the Hara scandal. Unfortunately, that's the maximum penalty they can impose and there's nothing more the law can do.

15. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

If anything management probably wouldn't care how many members make it. All the big names Miru/Jurina went back home and AKS still gets profits from the JP promotions/albums and handshakes (each album selling atleast 300K).
    Seeing how little the focus on the music (especially selling outside the domestic market) it's kind of business as usual.

16. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    For those interested the court of appeals have decided the prison sentences stand. Those who were given fines got prison sentences instead of 8 months.

They also reveled the victims of the vote manipulations were Kaeun and Chowon at number 5 & 6. They didn’t reveal if that meant that they were swapped with Yujin and Nako or if it’s actually Minju & Chaeyeon who got bumped up to final 12 instead. I suppose we probably won’t find out. Feel so bad for both the victims though. It has to be hard for them.
    Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1438...ho-were-eliminated-due-to-voting-manipulation

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Most likely Yujin and Yuri would have not made it into the group. Maaaaybe Minju and Yuri.

oh well I never really felt Kaeun, but damn I really wanted chowon in izone.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here
    What a bloody joke... The last place was between Chaeyeon, Chowon, Kaeun & Miho.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    It was. I just can’t even imagine how it must feel to everyone involved.

TBH I think they probably bumped them down to give spots to Minju and Chaeyeon. The latter being pushed as a former 16 contestant during the show and Minju being a child actor - I think they got more publicity. I think that Kaeun could have given them that but they didn’t want to deal with her age.

20. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Hm. Wasn't the rigging scandal mainly around Starship and Woolim, which would mean that Chowon and Kaeun would most probably have lost the spots of Yujin and Chaewon? (Since Wonyoung and Eunbi were the more popular ones, I assume, it's not them ^^°)
    But honestly, since they said they wouldn't reveal any names before, I don't really believe all that. Idk, it's like they revealed two names of many in order to calm down the critics. And they took those, who everyone knew would most probably been rigged out. I don't like that move, it just causes anger. Again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1