1. We have new admins and are making big plans for 2019 and beyond. Please read the state of the forum here and support if you can!

Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jul 6, 2007.

1. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Dodes'ka-den (1970) - 8/10
    [​IMG]

2. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Fanny & Alexander (1982) - 6/10
    [​IMG]

3. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    The Other Side of the Wind (2018) - 8/10
    [​IMG]

4. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    The Tenant (1976) - 8/10
    [​IMG]

crazy movie indeed. guess polanski creativity at the highest of his career for that time, a year before his life turn upside down (again).
    there little thing baffled me when this trelkovsky-the-so-paranoid character feel like instantly flip, suddenly went mental , but -one can assure- give the story longer with more elaborate detail for the insanity build up, its can take away the feel of strong bizarre ness. it will become another kind of movie if the whole thing on this one is making sense lol

overall description in one still image.
    The Tenant.1976.avi_20190203_205049.281.jpg
    one of the best trollscene i ever seen :1st:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  5. hiroto

hiroto Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

The Incredible Mr. Limpet (1964) 9/10
    [​IMG]

Excellent comedy with real images and animation. [hehe]

6. karles48

karles48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Green book. I liked it far more than I had expected, I even got moved in the end. I wish them a lot of luck at the Oscars. 9/10

7. lionel90

lionel90 Upcoming Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Alice in wonderland by Tim Burton.
    3/10
    It is a pre ordered movie, Burton probably did not have many say on it and it shows.

A let down and boring atempt at revivivg Lewis Carol's book.
    It looks like Burton but it doesn't have the taste.
    From the start till the end I waited that moment where Burton would switch it to the horrifying stuff he likes so much, but nothing happens, à part maybe that scène where Alice walks on some dead heads but even this isn't scary at all.
    The characters have no relief. The supposed crazy ones aren't that mad. And the bad dudes are more laughable than anything else.
    The Queen of heart is a sad clown, just to point how badly characterised she is, in the Disney anime she is more cruel and scarier.

Big disapointmenr.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  8. karles48

Holmes & Watson. At first I thought it was awful but it got a bit better later. However, I can't say it's a great film. 5/10

9. karles48

Captain Marvel. New heroes, new worlds, new plots...and some things that finally fit into place. I liked it. 8.5/10

10. karles48

The kid who would be king. Yes, in a way it reminded me of The Goonies ... but this wasn't a Spielberg film. I enjoyed it, but there some holes in the plot and the final part could have been far more believable. 7/10

11. hrs0722

hrs0722 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hokkaido48 damn when
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Endgame 4.95/5

Excellent but Bohemian Rhapsody remains the only 5/5 film for me

12. karles48

It seems that Rami Malek will be the bad guy in the next James Bond film. I hope he's got more charisma than the last villains of the saga...

13. hrs0722

hrs0722 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hokkaido48 damn when
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Rami Malek is specialized to potray a Middle Easterner or a man of Middle Eastern ancestry as his parents are Egyptians. Seems new James Bond film is set somewhere in Middle East, maybe Iraq.

14. karles48

Endgame. It's breathtaking. However, the 'device that allows you to do anything, but only if the plot wants it' thing always annoys me, so I won't give it a 10/10, but a 9.5/10

15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Was googling around the internet this morning and found one of my all-time favorite films in full on You Tube. I decided to watch it since I hadn't seen it in a while...

The Endless Summer (1964) 10/10

mw1.jpg

Trailer

Legendary surf documentary by famous California filmmaker Bruce Brown follows two California surfers as they follow the Summer season across the world searching for surf spots throughout Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific. It is beautifully filmed, with an amazing 60's surf soundtrack. I could watch this film a thousand times and never get bored. It is probably my all-time favorite documentary film. That and...

Crumb (1994) 10/10

mw2.jpg

This film documents the life of counter-culture cartoonist Robert Crumb. If you aren't familiar with his name, you have surely seen his work, some of his most famous comics are Fritz the Cat, Mr. Natural, and the "Keep on Truckin'" cartoon. He also drew many famous album covers and concert posters in the 60's. But the most amazing part of this documentary is not necessarily his work, but the incredible dysfunction of his family, in particular his brothers and mother who all appear in the film. Crumb's outlook on life is so odd and interesting, and seeing how he grew up sheds a lot of light on his eccentricity, which by comparison of the rest of his family, is not so eccentric after all.

Trailer...