1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Re:Mind (2017/10/19)

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 News and Releases' started by too much idea, Sep 29, 2017.

1. engshing

engshing Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    excellent acting by both memi and kyonko. I think kyonko acting is really top notch, can really feel the sadness. i would definitely want another drama by hiragana and hopefully by netflix again. at least won't have rubbish plot like the previous one.

2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    The sister thing is still "on probation" for me. Since it is used so much in so many stories from ages I'm a bit worried it will be cheap plot. But I love this drama and so far it didn't gave me any major reason to doubt it will keep the standard they set very high.
    Cross my finger until the end.
    I'm waiting for subs to really appreciate it, but Memi was really, really good in this episode. She carried it with a powerfull acting that went over the barrier my little knowledge of the language creates. I'm truly amazed by the many emotions and faces she can put on and deliver.
    Kyoko too, has surprised me in her growth since episode one.
    And, even if I'm liking Mirei character less and less, she is good. Not Memi-level good in this ep, but good enough and there's a point, few seconds really, in which just moving her head in aparticular manner and making a cold expression she gave her character more dept than in the last 10 eps.
    Amazing episode.

3. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Hmmm i feel like the sister thing could be red herring, as Mirei said this episode, it's all just weekly magazine rumor.

There's still the key they found from the bottle, that we may or may not find out what it used for. It dropped to somewhere below Ayaka Kyoko though so none of the Sasaki could reach it.

I still hold some suspicion toward Kage. She's the only one who disappeared differently, and we never really get to know whether she actually bullies Miho, what she did or why she bullies Miho if she joined. The rest are mentioned in conversation or reveal it themselves.
    [/spoler]

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

ep 10

Memi pulled her A game in this episode and what a superb performance :inlove: #MVP

5. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  6. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    ^ i kinda want to go back and see if hints were dropped with their interactions in earlier episodes.

7. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    It was way back from episode 1

All the little things like how Kyoko never uses her strong tone with Ayaka, holding hands, matching rings, protecting Ayaka

8. Gekikara chan

Gekikara chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I loved Kyoko's acting. It was sad tho :(
    Memi had me shook. She seemed to of gone mad after being trapped and seeing all her friends vanish. It got to the point where i got abit scared of her [hehe][hehe]

9. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm impressed by Memi. In the first few episodes, I thought she's one of the weakest actors. But her soliloquy in this episode is impressive. She's actually quite good. Kyonko is one of the best since the beginning. Both of them should get more acting jobs.

11. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Don't forget about Mirei!

She already expressed her wish to be able to get more acting jobs!

12. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yes, Indeed... I think she's also one of the best.

13. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  14. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    they definitely made her character complex.

15. 4noki

4noki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Twitter:
    ShinokiW
    Episode 10... was amazing!!!!

Was there more water left in Memi's seat place than usual when she disappeared?
    The floor looked pretty dry except for that puddle in Memi's area.
    Also, Mirei is actually really suspicious... remember, remember, remember.
    With all this focus on an illegit. kid, I wonder if she really is the one? Or is it a red herring...

16. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    Is that sarcasm? :whistle:

It's too bad that these episodes aren't longer. It would have been nice if the episodes were 40 minutes each and that they spend a lot more time on the backstories of the characters. Now I pretty much don't give a damn about any of the characters because I have no idea what they are about. It does add to the mystery factor but the drama would be more well-rounded and better overall if the characters had more depth to them. They did talk about what they all did to Miho but it would have been interesting to see what they did and why they did it. Everyone has their reasons.

And I agree that Memi did really well the last episode. Her acting was on point. The first couple of episodes she wasn't exactly good, and I considered her one of the worst. Guess she needed some time to warm up and it's not like she had much acting experience in the past.

I agree, Mirei is becoming more suspicious every new episode. Red-haring or not, I don't believe her naive act and that she was indifferent towards Miho. Something must have happened, she doesn't seem like the type to keep her mouth shut and see one of her peers get bullied. When comparing looks, Miho and Mirei do resemble one another a bit in this drama. More so than any of the other characters. Though I think her being the sister (if there is one at all) seems a bit too obvious. If she is the sister though, I could see why she had a reason to bully Miho. Miho basically grew up rich and had everything she wanted (until the bullying started) and Mirei grew up poor and had to work hard so she could get accepted to a good university to change her situation. There might be some hate coming from her side, feeling like she was done wrong.

Also, are we counting out all the girls that disappeared from the table as suspects or being Miho's sister? One of them could be the illegitimate daughter. If I had to pick someone, then it would be Ayaka. She's Christian and grew up with a religious mother, getting knocked up out of wedlock would be a stain on her mother's reputation for sure. And what if Miho's father actually planned his meet up with Ayaka because he wanted to know more about her, instead of it just being for a good cause?
    Just a guess, of course.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  17. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    not at all. christian lesbian (or bisexual) teenager in japan is a complex character in my book.

18. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    Ah in that way. She didn't get much screentime in the past several episodes and they didn't really do anything with the Christian gay angst, so in that regard, I don't really see it as a very complex character. That's why I really want more time on their backstories. There is so much good material to go with here. Would have been an interesting role to play for sure.

19. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    oh i know the writing on the show is kinda horrible, but i fill in my own backstory based on the little given by the show.

20. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I'm expecting Kage instead.

She's the only one who disappears in different way, and the only one who doesn't reveal why she bullies Miho or what kind of bullying she did.

She's also a transfer student, who the very minute she introduced herself to Miho got invited to Pure White. Maybe Miho already knew that Kage is her sister? Who knows?

Also, i wonder if the water that started appearing as a signal that someone is going to disappear has something to do with Katoshi's claim of how Miho dies (drown herself)