1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Rocket Punch (로켓펀치)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by shining445, Aug 3, 2019.

1. sweetygirl1994

sweetygirl1994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    ^Thank you for your opinion. yep everything you said made perfectly sense to me:). I guess I was just confused by the idea that they would bring in a member from a “rival group“, especially after all the negative comments Rocket Punch were subjected to after the disbandment announcement. But of course it would make sense to bring her/them in, since they would take their fans with them (hopefully).
    yeah my profile is still correct, although I don't live in Salzburg itself but rather in a village at the border to Upper Austria. I just put Salzburg in there since nobody would know my hometown anyway, and it's close enough:^^;:.

2. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    I definitely side more with bonjourmarlene's opinion that Eunbi doesn't really suit the image of RP. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to it. As we've seen, she worked perfectly well in IZ*ONE, who were also all younger than her, and I love her. My only true issue with the possibility is that I don't really like the idea of an even bigger group. Being as popular as they are, I can see them getting a lot of attention and screentime/lines (at least at first) and I don't think the line distribution is that balanced as it is, much less if the group becomes bigger. I'm mostly worried about Juri's lines, because they decreased considerably after BIM BAM BUM, seeing as the other members gained more popularity. I wish she got the opportunity to showcase more of her Korean, because she's gotten definitely better, but her dancing especially! I mean, she has really come far in that regard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I definitely wouldn't be opposed either, I love Eunbi and Chaewon.

Line distribution is always a massive issue in K-Pop unfortunately, and it only gets worse the bigger a group is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sweetygirl1994

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    That's actually one of the things I've been wondering about Juri. I haven't been able to watch a lot of their videos yet, just her King of Mask Singer ones and a bit of Juriful Days. How good has her Korean become?? I've seen a rather early appearance of Rocket Punch (I think it was on a show called Idol Room?), and they said she was speaking rather well already. Yet in some Juriful Days episodes she mixes/alternates between Japanese and Korean. Now I'm confused whether she does that for her Japanese fans or if she has problems with conveying what she wants to say in Korean. Since I don't speak Korean myself I'm really curious about that. I also really love how far she's come in terms of her dancing. I was so surprised when I saw her moves after their debut since Rocket Punch's dance style is completely different to AKB.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Midori

Midori Member

I don't know Korean either but mixing languages like that is called code-switching. Beginners and fluent speakers both do it but for different reasons. Since it seems pretty effortless on Juri's part it's probably more an indication of fluency.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. sweetygirl1994

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    ah I see. I'm glad that that she keeps on improving

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  7. Midori

Midori Member

New hair alert!

hair alert.jpg

Suyun is brunette and Yeonhee has black hair again :) They just guested (G)I-dle Miyeon's show Gossip Idle and they showed up like this and strangely wearing gloves too. At one point it could be seen that Yeonhee had her nails painted silver :) Apparently Juri also gave some spoilers, including mentioning that the new single will be different from what fans would expect, and the song title appears to be two words? They've also been pretty quiet on social media lately, probably busy with preparations.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Midori

Midori Member

There was a leak!
    It has been edited out already, but this article included Rocket Punch with a comeback titled "Ring Ring" on May 17th.
    A little over three weeks so teasers should start up soon.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Midori

Midori Member

It would make sense to wait a while before any agency adding IZ*One girls to groups. Existing and new groups would get so much hate from the stans, and the agencies would get tons of criticism too. Perhaps Woollim were counting on an extension and that's why they were dragging their feet with this comeback; to wait and see if Eunbi and Chaewon would be available/if the fans would accept it. Either way it's a good move, as is claiming they're taking the IZ*One girl's feelings into consideration. I can't help but feel that announcing Eunbi and Chaewon for RCPC at this point in time would be more than a little tactless, let WIZ*One mourn for a while...

In other news, today is/was Dahyun's birthday! The other members all congratulated her on Twitter, and Yeonhee may have dropped a hint about the comeback?
    hint maybe.jpg
    People are taking the purple heart after the CD emoji to mean we're getting Purple Punch.

EDIT: There's also a secret message in the hangul :D

• Like Like x 4
  10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Midori

Midori Member

12. Midori

Midori Member

There's a theory that it's only a single because they're aiming for the next release to be a full album. Apparently Golden Child did something similar. And if they're adding Eunbi and Chaewon to the group then they can start preparing now/with Rocket Punch after promotions.

Juri and Yeonhee in particular look really good to me, Yeonhee has this glam hair and Juri really got a mature vibe going on.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They look so good! I love this.

Also, it's really soon for this to come out! Less than two weeks left

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Midori

Midori Member

Second batch of teasers:

groupteaser2s48.jpeg

yeonhee2s48.jpeg juri2s48.jpeg suyun2s48.jpeg yunkyoung2s48.jpeg sohee2s48.jpeg dahyun2s48.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  15. sweetygirl1994

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    I really like both sets of pictures and I'm really excited for their new song. It's goimg to take a while for me to get used to Sohee's long hair though. I didn't even recognize her at first [hehe] It looks good on her though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'Ring Ring' Jacket Making Film (English subs):

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 5
  18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'Ring Ring' MV teaser:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Bim Bam Bum was supposed to be the sound of a bell ringing as well - this is like Bim Bam Bum 80s version [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1