S48 Moderation Report Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by joooooooooe, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Whenever I issue a warning I get a lot of comments, commonly with the same arguments.

I'm going to use this thread for moderators to give feedback on reports as to why they were approved or rejected.

Here are some comments that I have.

1: "But [someone else] did it" is not an acceptable excuse

This forum is huge and I only keep track of a few threads that I enjoy. Reports go into a general pool that any moderator is free to pick up on. Logically, we will read the surrounding posts regarding a post and decide what to do.

We have no idea whether forum member X and forum member Y said something similar 20 days ago in a different thread. If you believe it deserves moderation, then report it. Someone obviously felt YOU deserved moderation.

2: Report and then ignore

If someone's not following the rules, report them and then ignore them. The moderation team will then make a decision. If something or someone gets you all butt hurt and you think your quality post will save your idol's honor from an idiot besmirching her fair name, it probably won't and you just feed the fire. A lot of other forums use community-led reputation and up-vote systems and if the comment is bad enough it won't even get displayed. We can only do that with moderation here. Have some sanity and report and ignore troll-bait posts.

You can call an argument dumb but you can't call someone dumb for making a dumb argument.

"He/She started it" won't do you any favors. Grow up.

3: Profanity on its own is not grounds for moderation

We don't have any rules against profanity. Generally profanity means someone got set off and angry so its easy to moderate, but not always. I really don't give a fuck if someone uses it in the same way this sentence uses it.

I'll continue to update this post with other moderators if we see more commonalities between reports.

2. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    If someone is harassing you on PM, please send us a report.

You should exercise the option to ignore, but for our purposes the report helps us know if its repeated behavior or just someone having beef with you.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.