1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Sailor Zombie 2014/04/18

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Stankovic, Feb 14, 2014.

1. AKBree

AKBree Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I don't know why people are getting so worked up about the members of Milk Planet because, as said by @ranko, it is simply an idol group in the show that the characters like so they can't possibly be the members of it and they will not be the focus of the show at all, i.e. they will be singing either the OP or ED song with occasional mentions and appearances during episodes. In fact, I think we will be seeing more members in guest appearances - I'm looking forward to Mukaichi Mion, btw, she is such a cutie! Anyway, I agree that the members who were chosen for the group are a bit... idk... but it is clearly to help draw attention and promote the show and, if it is well received which I'm sure it will be, the girls casted in it. People who are not yet well known will not be able to do that, even if they are good at singing/dancing, so it makes sense. I never intended to get into the show but I became interested after the Milk Planet announcement so I started looking into it. I then came across so much promotion about the show and the girls casted in it (i.e. magazine articles) which further interested me so I really wouldn't be too fussed about them not getting any media attention because it seems to me that management is looking after each of them very well. :chuffed:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I did not have all the relevant info when I made my rage post. Oh well. I guess others won't be able to take that into account.

Still would have liked a unit for Naanya, Ricchan and Juri. :whistle:

3. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

i hope there is a school's doctor who still survive.:drool::drool:

4. AKBree

AKBree Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^Hopefully not as creepy as the one in Majisuka Gakuen! [hehe]

And yeah, that would have been nice, we really need some new units imo.

5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I thought the drama is supposed to start on april 18 and airing every friday, but episode 1 is available now? how? It's even subbed in chinese already lol, how did his happen XD I don't get it. I saw it on Naanya's thread. well I'll watch the episode then... XD

6. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    Looks like it is from Tokyo TV's on demand service.. Maybe they have it up early for their subscribers?

7. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno
    is that really eps 1 of sailor zombie?i cant open it right now..

8. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    It opens for me, seems to be the first episode.
    I suggest watching it before it gets yanked down.

Pretty Good, Juri racks up a fair body count for an opening episode. I may have preferred if they played it straight but I guess that's not their style.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Ooh I see. That's probably the explanation!! ;D

I just watched episode 01, and I like it! It's fun to watch! I'm glad it didn't dissapoint me, it's good. and I like Milk Planet's song. I hope the 3 girls in the drama will also perform it, lol. It was nice seeing Mayu/Yui/Karen too ;D I already like the 3 roles of Naanya, Juri, Kawaei. especially the scenes between Maiko (Naanya) and Mutsumi (Juri) :3 Kawaei's character seems the kind of role that takes longer to develop but I know I'll like it too. and so I'm Naanya biased, and I have to say, I love that she's in every scene!! She's perfect!! and another thing, Juri looks really cool when she fights against zombies!!

I can't wait for the next episode, and hopefully this drama gets subbed someday (I think it will :3).

10. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno
    wow chinese fans..
    they seems always one step of everyone.. :awesome:

11. BeMyGuest

BeMyGuest Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina
    Hm, seems Ricchan's chinese fansite made the subs.. or at least the site was roling on the screen at some point. Well I had some fears from the trailers and they came true at least in this episode. Ricchan's character least relevant and with least screen time. It will probably be developed more, but God knows how many episodes this will take :glare:. The first episode left me indifferent to what was happening, maybe partly 'cuz I didn't understand, but mostly cuz it was a little too infantile and weird for my taste. Juri was really cool and badass. Nana is too young and green for lead roles imo, but I guess one has to start from somewhere..

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yeah, Kawaei's role is the kind of role that takes time to develop, and sometimes gets 1-2 episodes around the 2nd half of the drama, focusing on that character's story. This is usually what happens, so let's see if it'll be like this here! It looks like the characters' relationships revolve around Naanya's character, right? Juri gets along with Naanya from the beginning, so they're friends. while Ricchan isn't welcoming Naanya, so they aren't getting along. These two type of relationships will develop in the drama. If it's well done, the Naanya-Ricchan relationship can be really interesting too~ They should develop it well. Maybe like Jurina-Mayuyu in MG2. as for Naanya-Juri's friendship, it's cute already! and some Juricchan friendship would be nice too, but I'm not sure if this is planned in the storyline ^^;;

13. peisinoe

peisinoe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    sayanees
    Juri really really impressed me with her acting, she did a lot better than I expected any of the girls would.
    Naanya felt kind of stiff but I bet she'll get better as episodes go by
    So weird seeing Ricchan have that ~bitchy~ vibe cause she's such a ball of dorkiness. I wouldnt worry too much about her lack of screen time - it looks like there's something bigger planned for her character so we'll just have to wait and see ^^
    Tbh I'd do anything for eng subs right now ahhh
    also i hope we get the full pv of milk planets song soon heh

14. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    It's the first episode, they can't develop all the characters at once. Ricchan is being set up as what seems to be the antagonist role, so they're setting up the friendship between Juri and Nana's character first. By your admission you said you didn't know what was happening due to the language, so I suggest either waiting for subs or asking someone who does understand what was going on before shitting on it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I saw this when it was called Thriller :XD:

Pretty campy, but it could get interesting. Juri and Ricchan were the best actors. Naanya did as well as can be expected from her right now.

Some plot things for those who might not have understood:

It's apparently been about 2 months since the world overflowed with zombies. About 33 people are living in the school according to the female teacher.

The scientist girl, Iori, who made the power generator, seems to have a protector/lover/sibling or something in the girl who holds hands with her. She tells Naanya "If you lay a hand on Iori I won't forgive you".

That sensei who Naanya let out of the locked room kept repeating "I don't want to die" while doing exactly the thing that would kill him, lol. Juri commented that he has gotten out and almost died many times.

When the music plays and the zombies dance, Juri says she has never seen that happen before. (watch some more Michael Jackson, Juri!)

Juri says the uniform she gives Naanya belonged to her senpai. Smells like potential backstory.

While discouraged, Naanya is cheered up by her idols who tell her she has a sure-kill technique (this can be taken as to make people like you or to actually kill, possibly...) Naanya introduces herself as a transfer student and says it's her ambition to be an idol. After she sings she says "I wonder if that wasn't my sure-kill technique..." XD

At the end, the kids bring in the foot and the cliffhanger ends on "Hey, where's Nakajima-san? She's not here. I haven't seen her since morning..."

16. BeMyGuest

BeMyGuest Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina
    I wasn't 'shitting' on the plot though. Either way, it doesn't seem that hard to understand without subs, I seriously doubt there were some deep conversations or plot points going on. There won't be much difference in my opinion with the subs, since I won't be getting much more info than I already figured out without them. The plot is only one part of the production, other's as acting, directing, editing, sound, lightning, makeup and so on, are still there without the plot and one can build an opinion on them, which I did.

Edit: Thanks @Silenka (and I was right.)

17. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The show has a barren quality to it. Not sure if that is by design. It is a post-apocalyptic setting after all. It also may have had something to do with the video definition. Kind of want to reserve judgement until after I see it with better sound/picture

As I expected, I found myself most intrigued by Koike Rina. I hope her part is at least somewhat significant throughout the show.

18. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    You're never going to have a deep involving plot in a midnight idol drama, it's just not going to happen. They could have went full out campy, but at least for the first episode they played some of it straight, the next episode looks a little more comedy based however. There wasn't anything deep said, there rarely is. There is some backstory with her parents hinted at, but we'll likely here more about that in later episodes.
    This is why I don't understand why people don't take beginner Japanese, you only need like up to an intermediate level understanding to get 90% of what you'll hear in any idol show. They don't cover complex things, either in blogs, tv shows or interviews.

19. kazu-kun

kazu-kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Interesting, now they just need to play the Japanese cover version of Thriller.

Also I get the feeling Milk Planet will appear as "last boss" and they won't be affect by their idol singing technique or something.

20. Red

Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    I watched the 1st episode and here are some of my thoughts...

• I know Kawaei's character is the type that takes time to develop, but it is important to make a strong first impression with the first episode. Of the 3 lead roles, I think Juri had the best scenes and she also grasped the opportunity with her decent acting. I must say since Kawaei didn't do much (yet), I can only compare Juri's acting with Naanya's, which made Juri look like some Oscar-winning actress already :awesome:
    • My prediction is that Juri will benefit the most from this drama in terms of popularity. Japan (and even myself) is a sucker for this sort of cute-looking but fierce characters, and Juri seems to fit the bill quite nicely. I can associate her to some popular Majisuka characters, like Nezumi and Gekikara. It's probably a stretch to say her character will become as legendary as those two, but she definitely shows some good potential. I hope her acting continues to improve throughout the series (and that she doesn't overuse her "I don't want to sweat" phrase...).
    • Naanya and Kawaei's characters are still quite bland, and particularly Naanya's acting is just...:fp: I guess it was too much to ask for a first timer, but the acting in the eating scene where she talks about her family was just embarrassing. I'm sure she'll improve later though. And she does have the face of the typical high school girl lead role so I understand why she's selected.
    • I hope Kawaei becomes even more badass before getting along with Naanya. She wasn't badass enough yet :twisted::twisted::twisted:
    • I like Milk Planet's song! It's catchy and the PV clip they showed in the end interlacing zombie and idol appearances are really refreshing. I hope they get one more song to play in the second half of the series (can be something more ballad-ish) and that the 3 lead roles can also participate in the song. After watching the episode I kind of understood why they picked Yuihan and Mayu, I mean they have to pick members who distinctly have that typical cutesy idol look to differentiate from the 3 lead roles who are just normal girls. With that said, I really have no idea why they picked Karen :hehe: as a Karen-oshi it was funny as hell seeing her trying to pull off the "pure and cutesy idol" image lol. The last time she showed that self was probably when she was a kenkyuusei. After that it was either serious mode (stages performance/earthquake relief efforts), or just completely crazy (e.g. AKBINGO/radio appearances).
    Without too much expectation from a plot's POV, I think the series started off not bad at all! Way to go girls! :banana: