1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Saito Asuka (Ashurin) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Aspii-sanSlave

Aspii-sanSlave Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Happy Birthday my Oshimen :ome::ome:

2. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

For Asuka’s birthday, here’s a translation of her interview about radio from the August edition of Brody magazine.
    nogibr2.jpg nogibr4.jpg

3 years have passed since the start of J-Wave (81.3 FM) “Pop of the World”’s radio segment “Harry’s English Class,” where Asuka-san serves as the navigator. Has your approach toward the program changed?
    A: It’s changed, I think. At first I didn’t like my voice or my way of speaking, so I began the program full of uneasiness. But now those feelings are completely gone, and I enjoy doing it. I had originally thought about getting better at doing radio, and I had a desire to do J-WAVE.
    – Has there been an improvement in your English through the program’s lessons?
    A: My improvement has been slow (strained laugh). But lately when my work brings me overseas, I make sure to bring the notebook I’ve made during the program. I’ve tried using the English that I’ve learned from Harry (Sugiyama).
    – You’ve been receiving these regular English lessons, and the amount of overseas work where you can make use of what you’ve learned has also increased. Throughout this, is there anything about overseas life that attracts you?
    A: There is. It might also be the influence of being taught by Harry, but if I had to choose, I prefer British English over American English. I’ve also always wanted to try living in Britain.
    – Oh, that’s nice.
    A: But, these past few years I’ve had more chances to go to London. Over the course of going so many times, I’m not so fixated on Britain and I’ve come to think that anywhere’s fine as long as they use English (laughs).
    – Fufufufufu. Asuka-san also tends to be interested in UK Rock, right? On the program, you’ve also selected a wide range of UK rock regardless of the era, from Badfinger to the Arctic Monkeys.
    A: I’m after all biased toward UK rock, and it’s also a morning program, so given all that, I thought it’d be a somewhat refreshing thing.
    – You said just now that you wanted to become better at radio, but where do you feel is the pleasure in doing radio work?
    A: When you appear on TV there’s a lot of facial expressions and expressing things through action, but of course you can’t do that on radio. I think radio is the media where you can best communicate your true thoughts after all, and since your face can’t be seen, it’s fun to come up with various expressions for the situation like “Let’s try phrasing it this way” or “Let’s try it with this language.” I also enjoy language, personally.
    – What is it that you’ve acquired by doing this kind of radio work?
    A: Radio personalities often say things like “Speak in a refreshing tone in the morning,” or “Use a mellow voice at night,” but I wasn’t able to realize that at all (laughs).
    – Ahahahaha.
    A: But after actually trying it myself and hearing my own voice on the radio, I’ve certainly come to realize somehow that “This tone of voice is appropriate for the morning, huh,” or about the compatibility of voices according to the time slot. I’ve become considerably more aware on that end. In doing so, my voice has naturally become more cheerful, and along with that, even in my private life, my expressions have become more cheerful, and I give off a slightly easier-to-talk-to vibe. I think it’s had that kind of influence on my daily life. Through radio, I’ve considered maybe what it means to express yourself through voice.
    – It seems Asuka-san often listens to the radio, but you enjoy Matsunojou Kanda’s “Towazu Katari no Matsunojou” (TBS radio), correct?
    A: Yes. Maybe it’s because Matsunojou-san is a professional storyteller after all, the way he uses his voice gives a completely different impression than other radio personalities. I think it’s probably because he knows language so well, but the way he handles things after making a biting remark is very unique. That’s a feeling that you can’t get from anywhere else, so I listen every week in hopes of that.
    – In the future, do you dream of having your own radio program? Right now you’re the navigator for a segment in a radio program, but as an independent program.
    A: Nooo, I don’t talk that much, so… (laughs). Shinuchi (Mai) does it every week (Nippon Broadcasting’s Nogizaka46 no All Night Nippon), but I definitely couldn’t do two hours of live broadcast every week, so I always think she’s incredible.
    – I see.
    A: Radio has become a very special thing for me, after all. I don’t want to make the listeners feel bored for even a moment, so I raise the bar very high for myself. That’s why if I started doing it for two hours a week, I might think too much (laughs).

Asuka used to be more reserved and mellow on the radio with a slightly more tsuntsun character, as you can hear in this disgustingly cute clip from early 2017 where she can’t remember how to say “Do you want to hang out?” Nowadays she’s a lot more expressive. She sometimes sounds downright joyful in her morning greeting, and on days when she’s not quite feeling it, Harry quickly brings up the energy level. Her English still ain’t great though, haha.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Happy birthday Ashu! So much to say but she’s already 21! She has grown and experienced so much and is now nogis ace and face. who would’ve thought. I love you so much ashu

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    right, so evanescence, Slipknot, now UK rock. this girl music taste is very very good. i would love to know her full daily playlist

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Happy birthday Asuka :ome:

6. Zeng

Zeng Kenkyuusei

She now has her own Wikipedia page (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asuka_Saito) and a very fitting profile pic too. I remember she alone center 15 out of 31 songs that night. A proud moment for her. A proud era.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Hello everyone, I'm new here.

Belated Happy Birthday to you Asuka! I used to hate idols due to how cringy anime portrayed them to be like, but after seeing this girl (on Pinterest) I got curious and looked her up and quickly grew to like her because her personality is the exact opposite of what I expected idols to be like; And I absolutely loved her for that. Now, can anyone tell me what episode of Nogizaka Under Construction is this? https://twitter.com/ker__b3/status/1161446922214957056

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blitz Comet

Blitz Comet Kenkyuusei

Welcome always nice to see new fans of Nogizaka46.
    That is episode 202. They did location shoot in Okinawa that lasted 5 episodes and that episode is 3rd.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    I just watched all 5 and it was hilarious; I fell in love with Yoda as well. Thanks!

Saito Asuka 齋藤飛鳥, Sweet Magazine 2019.08

Edit: (If any of you are interested) In the latest episode of POP OF THE WORLD, Asuka said recently she was listening to the band called DYGL (pronounced "diiguro" or whatever).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  10. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    I feel revitalized.

2019-08-24 POP OF THE WORLD

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2020
  11. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Uchi no Kanojo wa Saiko Kayo!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Zeng

Zeng Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 2
  13. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    I've "stitched" some photos from Asuka's photobook 'Shiosai'. This is noob level editing; pardon me if some of them looks awkward. Note that most of the photos will have that line in the middle, it's because that part is where the book/photo splits and the scanner couldn't scan everything (in the middle) perfectly. If I literally stitched the pages together, they will be several pixels off and look absolutely horrendous.

https://mega.nz/#F!8gUSyQDQ!UJ5K3gvFGYVgFs9GBQphXA

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Saito Asuka will be the cover girl of Japanese magazine "sweet" (2019 October), this issue will come with FULRA hand mirror, the magazine will be released on 12 September 2019.

sweet-october-cover.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka

16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane

17. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka

What is this about; can someone translate?

18. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

It’s from a Nogikoi special that included interviews with members about Nogikoi. It was up on Youtube for a bit, but it’s already been taken down.

The question is which member you would choose as a girlfriend. Asuka chooses Hoshino Minami. Minami’s been talking to her a lot recently. At the Jingu Live, the 1st gen were hanging out a lot, talking and sharing meals. Whenever the mood got excited/cheerful and Asuka didn’t join in, Minami would try to include her. On the final day when Reika graduated and Asuka was sad, Minami suddenly came and comforted her. She’s cute.

Asuka weirdly confirms at the beginning that this is her answer on Sep. 4, 2019. As far as I can tell, it's because she has a “this too shall pass” view of human nature, so her feelings/opinions are impermanent. Also, considering there’s a dissolve at 0:14, her genuine answer might be closer to “no member” (her answer in the 2nd doc survey), so it could also be a way of staying ‘honest’ while satisfying the interviewer.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Thank you very much for the explanation. So that video was pretty recent then? I'm still quite new to this stuff, but I've never seen those two interact that much in Nogichuu, except for episode 221 where it was shown that Asuka was a bit bias towards Minami and the latter seemed to be very happy when she got Asuka to laugh (might've been a challenge).

20. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

If you watch earlier episode of Nogichuu, they are pretty close actually, maybe because they are at the same age. They did run for 13th single hit campaign together, and they have a duet song iirc. Also they did 21st single hit campaign with the debutants (Ayane, Renka, Ume). But idk if in real life they are close or not.