1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Saito Fuyuka (Fuuchan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In her Twitter, Takamatsu Hitomi of =LOVE says she and Fuu-chan went out together and had a great time, talking constantly, and finding lots of commonalities. She says Fuu-chan seemed a nice and dependable person, and she wanted to go out with her again.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    On her showroom, Fuuchan talk about the 8th (is really hard to obtain more details) but seems all the members have a strong connection with the song and the MV is very emotional. This last part is similar with what Muu-chan said early "many of us cried a lot when watched the MV".

The song definitely had a strong message and is related to all members and their deep feelings. Well, enjoy Fuuchan showroom.

if the video does not show watch the video here

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Fuu-chan early showroom. The "bijin" (as some fans told her on the chat) talked about the 8th single, formation and feelings towards the song and MV. But obviously, a lot of mistery, no information.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I might as well link my stupid gifs of Fuuchan with Takemoto Yui from today's Keyakake here :^^;:
    But really, as always, sacrificing herself for the good of variety. :approve:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Fuu-chan and Naako-chan on their "Valentine's special". With this pair the funny time is secured. The fans had a great time.

I always like Fuu-chan strong presence.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    :ome::ome::ome:HAPPY BIRTHDAY FUUCHAN :ome::ome::ome:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    :ome:Happy Birthday Fuuchan~~:ome:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Happy birthday fuuchan!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    [​IMG]

Fuuchan and captain :3

10. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just those pics makes me emotional lol [hehe]

11. Nekko-Desu

Nekko-Desu Future Girls

I just read about Neru graduating news.. i hope Fuuchan is okay. I think she knew about neru graduating news earlier than anyone that's why she strangely emotional every time talking about the group and her feeling lately. They're bff afterall.. Ganbare Fuuchan!!!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ... and my heart is broken again.

13. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    From Keyakitte thread - please enjoy :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Some of my scattered and unorganized thoughts about my queen…

It happened at the very first video I saw on YouTube about Keyakizaka46: Ambivalent… I chose that one as I was ambivalent myself whether to check yet another Aki-P group or not after being disappointed by AKB48 (because of the way they treated Miyu Takeuchi my 9th gen AKB48 and PD48 oshi) and the not-so-impressive-for-my-tastes Nogizaka46 songs that I happened to listen to. (Not that I do not like them for me is Keyakizaka46/Hinatazaka46>Nogizaka46>AKB48 and sisters).

It was Ambivalent… near the end, at 4:34 time mark…

A split-of-a-second demonic smile. A female demon that haunted me and enslaved my heart for ever…

Fuyuka-san… In my eyes, she is one of the prettiest female human beings I have ever seen in my life. If not the top, certainly among the top three, and believe me I have seen a lot. Of course, you may say, “beauty is in the eyes of the beholder” and that “one man’s meat is another man’s poison” and of course this is true. What I want to express with so many words is something that one of her fans (probably from the US) expressed with only 5 words in his reply to one of my posts in Fuu-chan’s chatroom in K46 discord… He said: She’s a gorgeous girl… And at that moment, I realized how strong the (mostly used by Americans) word “gorgeous” is on expressing the idea of breathtaking beauty…

You may correct me if I am wrong (especially Japanese people) but I think Fuyuka has rare facial characteristics for a Japanese female. She is slightly more “pale” or has “translucent skin”, a nose that is much closer to the western-European standards and lips that are approaching the perfect shape for a woman. All these combined with the typical epicanthic fold that characterize the Asian eyes and the neotenous face (i.e. face that sustains juvenile characteristics even at adulthood).

Unfortunately, the majority of fans in Japan does not share these and I guess it has to do with their preference over more typically traditional Japanese beauty standards. At least I am glad that some of her Japanese fans call her “bijin” (美人– beautiful woman).

At that point, let me insert a disclaimer:

1. I study the Japanese language for 2 years and their culture for more than 5 and I adore them… I find everything about them positive (from cute to awesome) and although I see the negatives in their culture and society, I find these fewer compared to those of our northwestern model. So anything negative I say about “Japanese” in the following is said only in the very strict limits that have to do with Fuu-chan.

2. I like ALL girls in K46 and of course Hinatazaka46 (which for me is and will always be as Eve: a part from Adam). There is no girl that I have even neutral feelings about. This is because for me K46 (compared to the outdated, almost obsolete, AKB model and the improved-but-not-so-impactful Nogi46 model) is the BEST pop group in all Asia by far!

So back to my thoughts. In my opinion, the way she is treated by the production (even by the MC who are doing the best job and are really like a father (Tsucchi) and onii-san (Sawabe) to the girls) is leaving me with a slightly “bitter taste”.

Although that was not the case at earlier stages, as time progressed, I think Fuu-chan is consistently and systematically deprived camera-time and is hidden somewhere in the background in silence and away from any spotlight. This is very strange as from what I have read in this very thread, Fuu-chan is the unofficial captain of the group (for which I am glad) and enjoying the love and respect of all her “group sisters” (for which I am even happier). In addition, she is recognized as, if not the best, at least as one of the best dancers in the group, so it would have been normal to see more of her.

I can name several occasions where I felt that this girl has been done injustice…

- There is introduction video about the group (I saw it on YouTube but I cannot find the link), where all members’ faces are passing through the screen over a white background at high speed. There is only one face missing (or shown at such speed that the human eye cannot record)… Yes, it’s Fuyuka’s

- At the episode where Sugoi-sama describes the “love relationships” when Fuu-chan is revealed as the most popular member the reaction was something like “eeeehhhh? Uso…”

- At the “coming of age” episode, the only person left uncommented was… you guess who.

- In general, at MVs (especially the most recent ones) she is the most hard to spot… I am done already with the “spot Miyu (Takeuchi)” game her fans and me were playing all the time at AKB48/PD48 videos, why it has to be repeated again at my Keyaki kami-oshi as well???

- … there are other instances which I will not mention as this post is too long already

Of course, also other girls share the same treatment (Muu-chan, Shatoshi, Aoi-chan to name a few) which is a shame in my opinion. While others are clearly over-pushed are almost always in the frontline beyond and above any “variety quality” they may have. (In order to avoid any misunderstandings please see disclaimer number 2 at that point).

Maybe it is the character of the girls to be less vocal and/or prefer to stay away from the spotlight, but based on their behavior and their body language, they do not seem to feel that way… They feel somewhat neglected, overlooked, pushed aside and they try to “shout” that complain in their own ways.

There may be a vicious circle involved: Low popularity among the fans results to lower exposure in TV shows and MVs, which results in itself to diminishing popularity.

What I want to know is whether this is NOT a vicious circle… What if higher exposure would lead to increasing fan-base? I mean, we have the Oda Nana (one of my favourites) example: the girl was “bullied” at the first days of the group, yet with increasing (even negative) exposure, she enjoys a lot of popularity (yet less from the popularity other girls have reached).

Finally (and again see disclaimer number 1 for avoiding possible misunderstandings), I have a feeling that Japanese people are somewhat “unforgiving” and with fixed ideas about something. I have the impression that once they do not quite like something there is nothing in this world that may make them try to reconsider / see the other side / give even a chance. It is as if written in stone that Fuu-chan will forever be in the dark because she is (uninteresting? Non-photogenic? Plain? Unpopular? Ugly? … Put any word that comes to your mind).

Of course, you may say that all these are just my fantasy. That at my eagerness to see more of her, I am creating conspiracy theories and dark plots. You may be right!

I wish all those who share the same feelings about Fuu-chan could be more vocal and supportive to her! This is the main reason I am writing all these!

Anyway, I’ve said a lot… Apologies for this long post but I had to “vent” and share some of my thoughts about this wonderful girl in HER area in this forum hoping that all who may read it are already loving and supporting her. I hope that for this very reason you will not get mad at me for this lengthy post.

P.S. I am looking for the Goninbayashi song that was performed in a live and for which they have shown only a few seconds. It is NOT the “Kekkyoku, Jaa ne Shika Ienai” that is included in the “Live performance” Keyavids. If anyone can provide a link, where I can watch or even listen to, that would be great!

15. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I don't disagree with your general points, and I get your comparison to Miyu (I doubt Fuu will jump to kpop though :^^;:). Fuu doesn't have the same level of classical beauty from a Japanese (or Western) perspective as a lot of the more popular 46G members. She also doesn't give off a strong vibe in the ways fans like (sexy, cute, cool, or edgy). Management does a terrible job putting out good photos of her. She can take a great photo (like in the K46 photobook), but a lot of her press and photocard shots are kinda meh.

To me she is definitely a more mature, thoughtful, and nurturing idol. She takes care of the members behind the scenes, and on tv she has always been one of the more vocal and tries to pull other members into conversations (which is sorely needed on Keyakitte). She's one of the group's best dancers, and is good in performance and teaching the others. I think if Keya had a theater, Fuu could be more like the Murayama Yuiri of the group. She is also one of the best Keyaki members to interact with at handshakes (according to my personal survey :)).

But then, except for the one rotation, she's been in the back corner of the senbatsu (and studio seating) with little MV screen time and little outside work (magazines, tv, radio). I understand your frustration, but I think some of the slights are just bad luck and part of the vicious cycle (since back row members usually get less screen time and promotion time). I think the other members and staff do really appreciate her, and her coming out as "most popular" in the group was honestly true. Especially in the early days, the MCs really relied on her too. Maybe the producers really do have it out for her, but I'm not sure.

What is her key to improving? I guess finding a new way to appeal to fans. Habu recently came out of her shell and she is really thriving, and even Ozeki is building outside work. So I think Fuu can do it too. I hope she catches some advertiser's eye and lands a commercial. Also hopefully she can get a unit song with an MV, maybe a variety segment (like Snack Mao), and a solo dance (or duet with Miyu :inlove:) for concerts and Sakamichi TV. But unfortunately with the 2nd gens coming in, I think management will focus their energy elsewhere at least for the next single (and maybe album). Since she's good on variety (both talking and acting goofy), maybe she can sort of unofficially "partner" herself with some 2nd gens and they'll both benefit from the attention. She may also grow her "motherly" image in the group, which might appeal well to fans if it's emphasized by management.

You mean their other song "Shoujo ni wa Modorenai"? Was it a concert performance or from the Keyakizaka46 Show that you saw?

16. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Thank you my fellow Fuu-chan fan. Yes, I mean that song, and the funny thing is that I had to ask for that in a forum to finally discover it on youtube (just a few hours ago), after coincidentally checking the lyrics' translation area in this forum. By the way, should we expect anything else by Goninbayashi or is this group disbanded?

As for what you mention about Fuyuka, I had also the same impression for most of these . She is one of the most mature members and as it seems a highly influential one. As you might have guessed I happen to support those members that are most in need of the spotlight and I am happy that Habu, Oda, Ozeki and more recently Ishimori are starting to bloom. I wish that will happen too for Shiori, Uemura, Aoi (let's see what will happen when she returns) and of course our queen!

I laughed when you mentioned Fuu-chan jumping to K-pop, the incompatibility would be enormous and mostly to the hilarious area! She may be a very good dancer but "twerking" is definitely NOT for Japanese and certainly NOT for Fuyuka (I just hope Miyu will keep it as "low dose" as she did in her cover of Rumor in her YT channel). Fuu fits the Keyakizaka concept and any comparison with Miyu Takeuchi is restricted to the common fate they share for being unpopular in their own country and "exiled to the cellars" in their groups. And the pain this is causing to us, fans!

Now if your "personal survey" implies that you have met her in a HS event, I really envy you!

Her presence as zombie in the recent 2 episodes (even if she was called "chubby"), the waterfall prayer and the funny dance with 2nd gen Yui was really a breeze of fresh air for us and just let's hope that 2019 will bring her closer to the spotlight!

You also mentioned a possible matching with a 2nd gen girl, that would be very nice. I believe she has good chemistry with Matsuda Rina and they would make a perfect pair, but I'm afraid she might be paired with Yuipon in the place of Zuumin due to her playing the guitar. A dancing duo with Takemoto Yui for some reasons might not be good, while as a trio with Miyu might work.

17. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I think there's a chance they'll be back. Almost all the other Keya units have lost members, so they at least they have that going for them. :^^;:

I expect there will be a 2nd gen song to replace the spot left by hiragana in the next single, but that still leaves some space for a unit or two (if no one gets a solo). But since they're (probably?) due for an album this year too, there could be lots of spaces for goninbayashi to contribute. I like the idea of the mature unit to balance the cute Ozeki/Rika/Koike units and the youthful 2nd gen unit that may be coming.

But then again I don't understand how AKS forms and evaluates the usefulness of these units. There are plenty in 46G history with one or two great songs and then never appear again so....

I did :inlove: , and I asked both Fuuchan and Oda about a new goninbayashi song with an MV; of course they're both fully supportive :)

18. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    OMG my heart melts... also for meeting Oda... How was our queen? What other girls have you met? (OK I will check at the respective thread in this forum for a possible post of yours, but even if there is one, is there anything else you wish to add?

Visiting Japan is a lifelong dream for me... So far I've seen almost all of Europe for business but up to that. Japan, Route 66 and Patagonia are my 1st, 2nd and 3rd dream destinations before I end my existence on this Earth!

PS. Will it be Rika that will take the part of Neru alongside Ozaki and Koike for their trio, and if yes, which Rika (1st gen or 2nd)?

19. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    [​IMG]

Looooooove Fuuchan <3

20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    After I'd met Fuuchan at HS last Saturday somebody handed me a folded leaflet which I've just got around to scanning and I'm attaching below:

img024a.jpg img025a.jpg