1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sakaki Miyu (CUCA) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'STU48 Graduated Members' started by ithebigc, May 9, 2017.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    201705_sakaki_miyu.jpg

榊 美優
    SAKAKI MIYU

• Birthdate: April 28th, 2002
    • Birthplace: Kagawa-ken
    • Nickname: CUCA/Sakaki
    • Blood Type: O
    • Favorite Food: Miso soup
    • Recommendation in Setouchi: Refined Japanese sugar

2. princessairbender

princessairbender Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (8)
    Finally Cuca! I love that they let her keep her youtube nickname. I can't wait to see her shine in STU48!! :cute:

3. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    After reading years about who good are her covers in youtube, i'm interested in what actually she can do.

4. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

You should've watched it! Cuca's vocals are not the best but her stamina is no joke

5. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I'm so happy! That profile picture is super cute

6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Keeping an eye on this girl too

7. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    My STU oshi <3 I've been a fan of her for ~3 years and I sometimes still find it hard to believe she did it lol.
    I think it will take some time until she makes her break, because of her "majimeness", but I hope she will be recognised for her hard work and stamina.

8. Marieyu48

Marieyu48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Finally!!
    I have been watching her videos for 5 years already and the fact that she's finally an idol is so amazing for me <3
    I'm excited to see her true potential in this group

• Like Like x 1
  9. Matsui Hikari

Except, I'm afraid that her talent might be buried :'D

10. heavysyrup

heavysyrup Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    This is also my fear. Right now I'm just trying to stay positive and hoping she gets a good song on whatever stage they do. I'd die if she did Kimi Wa Pegasus, but probably their first stage will be A1.

She also does a dance cover every showroom if you want to see her. And now a cover of Setouchi no koe usually too.

11. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I'm so happy for her, definitely my STU oshi. I can't wait to see her perform!

12. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    As the foreign fandom we probably like her much more than the Japanese fandom does. Not to be harsh, but girls like Cuca who are talented but seem to have a reserved, quiet personality tend to not do very well in the 48g, even the 46g for that matter (Takeuchi Miyu and Kawamura Mahiro as examples). Even girls who are loud and outgoing like Iwata Karen and Tano Yuka were never successful despite their talent. I can honestly only think of about two exceptions to this (Yuko and Sayanee), but neither are particularly reserved and were rather heavily pushed, so I suppose it's less of an exception more than it is a different case altogether. I've been following Cuca for years, so it's unfortunate to say, but I don't think she'll be successful in the 48g. I love her, and I want her to succeed but I'm not sure if it's possible. I don't want to jinx it, but regardless I'll give her my support.

13. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Since my last comment was wrongfully deleted, I'll post a new comment:

She's definitely my #2.

14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    For now no, but in the future my friend there is lots of opportunities. I can see she has lots of potential. Just throw her in one of Sasshi's variety shows and maybe that'll get things working for her. Even for the once most shiest and modest girl in HKT Aramaki Misaki can be the group's most well rounded idol nowadays. So in Sasshi we trust!

15. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I really hope that Sasshi will help her too; Cuca is just awesome. Her profile is cute as well~

16. Matsui Hikari

Since it's still early, if we want to see Cuca being pushed, she has to be a good handshake seller and rank decently in SSK. If not, it'll be too late in the future. If I'm not mistaken, there's some kind of Cuca SSK fan club on Facebook, though I'm not sure if the person who's hosting it nor the people in it will vote for her or not.

17. ET920

ET920 Member

I think Cuca mentioned she feels Sasshi doesn't like her, might rewatch her stream again later to confirm. Truth be told, when neither Kahotaru nor Harurun is on, I go to her room to throw stars mostly out of pity maybe, she seems to be the one suffering the idol path the most. Right now, she looks the closest to graduation. She might be happy singing and/or dancing, but they won't be able to show their skills until the Election at the very least, and after that until they are invited to a concert or open the theater, which might be some more time ahead still.

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This is rather unheard of, usually it's the people that don't like Sasshi and not the other way around lol. Sasshi likes everyone even her antis.

19. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

From what I read (I believe this info came from Hiroshima ff event), they will start (the theater?) on around summer, so June the earliest (summer is between June - September).

As for Sasshi, I think she just felt indifferent towards her. Personally, if I don't know Cuca from her YT days, I would also felt indifferent towards her. She is definitely not a person where you can immediately like when you just know her from SR only. Her SR mood is kinda stiff and felt a bit too controlled/scripted.

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

20. heavysyrup

heavysyrup Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    I'm pretty sure last night she said hasn't met Sasshi yet. Which makes sense, she hasn't spoken to a lot of members yet. For instance, the only interaction she's had with Kaho was Kaho saying, "what was your real name again?" Lol Kaho has a lot of fans so they often ask if she has spoken with her. Cuca says that because Kaho is senbatsu it's harder to speak with her, but that she wants to become closer with her.

She spoke to Sano Haruka for the first time on the bus to the photo shoot, where they sat next to each other. Cuca asked if she could call her Harukaneesan (cute!) and has been calling her that for awhile. Cuca hangs out with Haruka, Miyuna, and Chiho mostly. They ate a pizza together at that time too.

You might be right about Cuca struggling compared to the others, I don't follow the other girls very closely. But I can say she is pretty self aware and a hard worker. Last night she mentioned how she wasn't sure how anyone could still like her from the audition period because all she did was monomane constantly (in a joking manner, not some kind of pity party.)

Right now Cuca is having fun, working hard, and making friends. I hope she stays in STU48 as long as she is having fun and being honest to herself.

Lastly a funny tidbit Cuca shared about her moms doppelgänger: Cucas dad says her mom looks like Steven Tyler lol