1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sakurai Reika (Reika) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    From GekiPIA Interview with the vampire (just rough translation)

―― You have just graduated from Nogizaka46 and seen a lot of clips from the graduation concert from the news.
    What are you feeling now, do you feel lonely?
    REIKA
    : I'm still not feeling it. After the live in 9/1, the next day we (with other members)
    went to see Manatsu's (next captain) costume rehearsal for her play (Sazae-san).
    The day after shedding so much tears, I met a lot of members (lol).
    But I am very satisfied to have felt the love until the end (until graduation).

―― And now this [Dance of the Vampires] is the play after graduation that we think, is the next step for you,
    but before that, late last year~early this year, you had your first major challenge in the play [Rebecca].
    Can you please tell us what you remember on opening night playing "Watashi (I)"
    REIKA
    : I was so nervous, I could not remember a thing (lol)

―― The opening scene in Rebecca starts with a solo from "Watashi", I think it was nerve-wracking but ...
    REIKA
    : Yes, it was. My head was "popcorn"(lol) (she said atama ga masshiro deshita -> my mind went blank).
    It was like that even during rehearsals that I seem to not get used to it.
    It was a triple cast with Otsuka Chihiro-san. It also helped to know that even Chihiro-san felt nervousness on opening night. **

―― Nervousness can't be avoided 。
    REIKA
    : Yes. However, I never thought that I'd do that first part, I thought they made an error!? (wry smile).

―― Morever, you cannot see the conductor in front of you but from the monitor.
    REIKA
    : Yes. It was totally dark and was a bit uneasy. But the ensemble around helped a lot that we were able to manage to get over that opening day.

―― Fews months have now passed after that nerve-wracking first day, what are you feeling now?
    REIKA
    : Absolutely lonely.To be apart from everyone was lonely. For me, that place was like home to me,I get to learn a lot of things about musicals.
    But also during that time that we got the news about "Dance of the Vampires". Everyone said, it's alright, we'll be meeting again this autumn!

―― You said in an interview during Rebecca that you wanted to pursue career in musicals, now that you had experience in Rebecca, what are now your thoughts on musicals?
    REIKA
    : I love it! Though it will have that nerve-wracking tension again (lol) 

―― Comparing Rebecca and Dance of the Vampires, TDV seems to have more comedy that it looks more fun. What are your thoughts on playing the role of Sara?
    REIKA
    : Sara is bright and curious. Then people would say, Sara has a lot of bath tub scenes! (lol)

―― Bit of a strange woman, right? 
    REIKA
    : Yes, strange, Fufufu(lol). That strangeness is what endeared her to the vampires

―― This is a bit of an awkward question to a recent former idol, was there any objections to the ofuro scenes? (bath tub scene)
    REIKA
    : Eh! I don't know yet(lol)! But there's no one from the office telling me to stop (lol).
    Now that you mentioned it, Chihiro-san, during Rebecca......Chihiro-san played Sara before right? (now she plays Magda).....in the training room while in the middle of changing clothes,
    she'd say "Reika-chan, this is how Sara would do it!" (lol). Eh, what should I do!? If that's how it's done, it kind of lessens the pressure, instead I'm looking forward to it.

―― It looks fun, above all else (lol). At first glance, this looks like a gorgeous gothic play but it actually is a comedy.
    REIKA
    : It really is. Last summer, I did a comedy play "The Bank Robbery", it was really fun that it's a good continuation. I don't get much comedy plays but I'm warming-up to the idea(lol)

―― Yamaguchi Yuichiro-san, you also worked with him in Rebecca right. What it's like to work with him?
    REIKA
    : Person that wraps you with gentleness and warmth. I was so nervous during the play we would do deep breaths in the stage walls, did things for me **
    At first, I felt a bit awkward, he has that imposing aura because he was tall but turned out to be a very nice person. That's why there's that sense of security working with Yamaguchi-san.
    Director is also the same, Yamada-san. Choreography by Uejima-san whom I worked with in my very first play, Ribbon Knight.It's sort of a reunion so I'm looking forward to it.

―― It's also a dance musical, right?
    REIKA
    : Yes. But it seems like Sara doesn't have lot of dance scenes. A, during curtain call, I'll do my best. Uejima's choreography is cool and a lot of dancers were together in Rebecca and Ribbon knight, it would be fun to watch it!

―― Watching? (lol)
    REIKA
    : Aside from the part that I need to do, let's just say, I'm looking forward to watching (lol). The dance is cool and so is the music. There's also that sense of being one with the audience.

―― This is a topic about Otsuka Chihiro, who also had the same role you had in Rebecca (and Sara in TDV)
    REIKA
    : Yes she was. During Rebecca, we went out to dinner, she was a good senpai. Since she also had experience in playing Sara, I'll get pointers from her.
    Also Kanda Sayaka-san plays Sara, I'll get pointers from her too. I have a lot of senpais here, I am fortunate, grateful.

―― In connection with this, are you fine with scary things? Do you often watch vampire movies?
    REIKA
    : I love it! I'm not really into scary stuff like horror movies but I like vampires. Zombies. 

―― Eh, zombies!? Vampires have that romantic factor, but zombies?
    REIKA
    : Ahaha! I like zombies like "The Walking Dead". When it comes to vampires, originally my father liked it, when I was a kid ...... when I was in grade school he'd brought me to the movies to watch "Vampire Hunter D".
    I could still remember watching the same vampire movie twice. The movie was first released in the US so it was in English. I could not understand English and I also could not understand the kanji subtitles.
    When I was a kid, it was not the romantic vampire story type but the [Van Helsing] series!

―― When you were a kid right, wasn't it scary? Like waking up in the middle of the night?
    REIKA
    : I wonder how it was during my childhood. But now, when I watch about zombies, everyday, I dream of taking zombies down. It was quite difficult you know (lol). 

―― It was surprising to hear this kind of dream (lol). Fighting zombies in your dreams. Can sense a Sara eccentricity there!
    REIKA
    : Ufufu, Well, good(lol). I really am happy. I am interested in this vampire stuff that being a part of this play makes me happy. I am also looking forward to this play. 

―― Lastly Sakurai-san's message to all those excited fans.
    REIKA
    : Ticket sales have started, I can already feel your excitement. I will be happy if we all welcome this performance with that same excitement. During curtain call, I heard that even audience get to dance too. To my fans, please do stand up and dance ...... because I can see from the stage!?
    I believe it will be a great live together.

[i got a vampire seat in one play date, geeeez, i don't want to dance .....]

【Schedule】
    11月7日(木)~27日(水) 帝国劇場(東京) - Tokyo Imperial theater
    12月15日(日)~21日(土) 御園座(愛知)- Misono-za , Nagoya
    1月1日(水・祝)~7日(火) 博多座(福岡)- Hakata-za, Fukuoka
    1月13日(月・祝)~20日(月) 梅田芸術劇場メインホール(大阪)- Umeda Arts Main Hall, Osaka

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    • Like Like x 2
  3. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Finally!!! :banana:

4. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    New photobook just announced, to release 11/27. It's shot in Portland!? (If it's Oregon, then I'm a bit jealous, because I'm from Seattle, and Portland's just south of here...)

Actually, it's confirmed it is shot in Portland, Oregon (アメリカ北西部 = the Northwest region, and Portland, Oregon is part of it).

Also: New regular model of "CLASSY." magazine, starting with the December 2019 issue (to release 10/28).

EF-KIoPU8AEAkP9.jpg

(Source)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    There's a 2nd pb coming! Release is 27th of November. She also became a model for CLASSY., her first appearance will be in the December issue (release 28th October).

[​IMG]

Edit: ninja'd

• Like Like x 4
  6. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Congrats! One of my fav josei fashion mag. And Reika is their new regular! What a combo for me.

7. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
  8. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Glad for her! Co-promoting two jobs at the same time right after graduation. What a good business strategy

9. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  10. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Sakurai Reika has been contracted as a regular model of Japanese fashion magazine "CLASSY.", she will appear in the magazine upcoming issue (December issue), which will be released on 28 October 2019.

11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Re personal Instagram (reika_s16): Commenting is locked (assuming to prevent antis from spamming)...

12. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Mynavi article for The Dance of the Vampires
    Special Talk Vol 13 Life's turning point

SAKURAI REIKA x Aiba Hiroki

* Courage to reveal one's weakness

Aiba
    : Musical [Dance of the Vampires] starts 11/15. It's a story about showdown between vampires and humans.
    I have always admired this type that I was delighted to be a part of this play.

REIKA: Yes me too. It has comedy, dance, music, it's energetic. Different characters, it's a charming musical.

Aiba : I play the role of Alfred , double cast with Keisuke Higashi. Sakurai-san plays the role of Sara, daughter of the owner of the inn, with Kanda Sayaka as double cast.

REIKA: Sara is charming while Alfred is somewhat good-for-nothing (lol)

Aiba : Yes.That's why I've been acting childish during practice believing this will lead to creation of Alfred's character.

REIKA: Aiba-san already did a lot of musicals that I think he's already used to it but me, I still have little experience
    that actual performances scares me.

Aiba : I'm scared too. When will the singing lessons begin?

REIKA: Last year, I performed in Rebecca. I did sing in Nogizaka46 but the vocalization basics between Pop and musicals is different. It was very difficult.

Aiba : To tell you the truth, I have always been weak at singing.

REIKA: Oh, really!?

Aiba : I started my musical career at 16 in [Prince of Tennis]. Prior to that, we did street live for a 3-man dance unit. But I did not sing because I was not good.

REIKA: I have that impression that you're good at singing, I think what you said is too unexpected.

Aiba : I never thought I'd do musicals this long. That is why I still feel like I'm doing something that is not my field of expertise.

REIKA: But it's amazing that you can still do it. That's courageous to reveal your weakness.

* Dreams can come true even thru unexpected path

Aiba
    : What was your reason for entering the entertainment industry?

REIKA: When I was a kid I thought [I want to be an actress]. That is why I auditioned for Nogizaka46, passed then became an idol.

Aiba : How old were you when you joined Nogizaka46.

REIKA: 17 years old. I wasn't the world I wanted to jump into and was worried I wasn't fit for it. But I was able to last for 8 years.

Aiba : Did you ever think of quitting?

REIKA: Yes. But I was the captain so I cannot easily do it.Though , thanks to this position that I was able to interact with members and enjoyed it. I deeply care for the group.And because I was a member of Nogizaka46 I was fortunate to get a chance to do movie and theatre roles.

Aiba : Events different from what you imagined could still lead you to your dreams.

REIKA: Exactly.

Aiba : Me too. I have interest in films but I came across these musicals, which I barely knew.
    First of all, the goal is to be recognized as an actor who can also do musical.

REIKA: Wonderful. When did you decide to do musicals?

Aiba : It was just recent. Honestly I wanted to quit since I wasn't good at singing. It was when I did Les Miserables in 2017 that I felt ready for this.

* Leaders talk, words that open the future

REIKA
    : [1%の才能と99%の努力] --> This is Thomas Edison's Genius is 1% Inspiration, 99% Perspiration
    From her piano teacher in high school, when Reika can't concetrate on her lessons. She said those words really left an impression on her.

Aiba : 「何事も、なるようになる」--> Whatever happens, happens ?
    I tend to find things difficult. So I always say that to myself.

rs3.jpg rs1.jpg rs2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Amajingu

Amajingu Member

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    • Like Like x 7
  14. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Isn't a bit weird thats no ones ex-member following Reika's ig?

15. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Well, at least Waka does. :chuffed:

[​IMG]

16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    She is indeed a good and responsible husband.[hehe]

• Winner Winner x 5
  17. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Reika IG following 16, almost all nogi grads, ikoma and misa follows Reika IG.

18. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Well yesterday she's not following anyone except her 2nd pb account and not followed by anyone i follow :D

19. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Reika for TDV
    Wah!
    RS_wah.jpg
    Source

W-Sara with Sayaka Kanda
    w_sara.jpg
    Source

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019