1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Sakurazaka46 6th Single [Start over!] (2023/06/28)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by FlowingColors, May 24, 2023.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here

Not the style of music I prefer. But Karin is so expressive. A bit of SaiMajo spirit in the song. Knock it all down and start over.

MV by the same director as the last two (Cool and Natsu no Chikamichi)? The group energetic and together, going in the same direction. Hikaru in the big glasses! NOTE: Turns out that it's directed by Kato Hidejin, who directed Ban, NazeKoi, Natsu no Chikamichi (but not Cool).

Toomuchidea says composer is Nazca, with arrangement by mellow. Nazca wrote Sakuraki, Kuroi Hitsuji, Hiraishin, et al.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  2. juniorbeho

juniorbeho Kenkyuusei

Really dig the song and vibe of the MV. Fujiyoshi's beaming smile is a treasure and as a Habu oshi I'm glad to see so many featured shots of her. Nice energetic song that I look forward to listening to more.

3. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    The song was really nice and cool! I really liked the mv as well, another good a-side of sakurazaka

4. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Nice long blue skirts :).

5. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Not sure what I think of the song but the video is great. There's quite a lot of emphasis on Pon and Habu, hopefully it's not what I think it is.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Loving both MV and song already even though I just saw Start Over for the first time... and I wasn't even aware there was a new single coming.:fp:

I agree with the decision to not put 3kis in and give everyone else a chance.
    This may be last time for some under to be in senbatsu, whatever formation mngmnt decide to use, Saku8 or others... as much as I love my unders, some - if not majority - of 3kis looked ready to shine since training period.

About the MV:
    1 - Once again Karin did amazing

2 - In my first view of Start Over, the moment members got together to form a platform for Karin to climb over and then move with her on really catched my eyes. Even when they broke the formation everything looked well done and fluid. I really liked.

I'm sure there will be more parts I'll love, but generally, I love the fact even with dramatic songs, choreo and MVs, there's always some moment making me smile.

I don't know about Pon and Habu... they are so big in Sakura and for me I can't think of an "after them" for now, even though I fear it won't be too far away.... but not today please, I'm not ready yet :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    Yuipon is such a great performer my God...
    The song isn't my favorite single by far BUT with the mv on the table is just like another level. Karin is amazing. I am speechless about her She can be whatever a song want from her. Amazing, yep.

8. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    The bit where they created a platform for Karin reminded me of Nagaredama where they did the same for Chukemon in the second chorus

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

It reminded me of Futari Saison. When they shot it, I hope Karin took off those boots to climb up on people.

The whole group performed well in the MV. Karin, of course, amazing. Nice sound of all the voices together. Not a lot of emphasis on Karin's voice. Her dance and expression are her strongest points. Loved the unity, togetherness, as in Cool and even moreso Chikamichi. I hope we're starting over with togetherness and group purpose. I do see SaiMajo here. Loved the embrace w/Yuipon. So well done. Loved the breaking through the brick wall.

"Start Over"? The group? Some individuals in new lives outside the group? Nice to see the whole gens 1-2. They gave us a lot in this MV. High standard. Lovely motion overall. (I look forward also to the Gen 3's MV.)

The more I watch, the more I like.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    OMG finally a Karin-centered a-side!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

The song/music is just OK, the lyrics are interesting. Another frantic MV, with lots of cuts. Karin shines in this MV, even though I think she deserved better.
    At this point is it safe to say the one holding Karin's hands in that promo photo was Pon?
    The emphasis on Pon and Habu got me concerned as well.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Great first-24-hours YouTube plays: 741,000. Recent first-day YouTube views for Sakamichi groups:

Sakurazaka
    553,000 Samidare yo!
    569,000 Masatsu Keisuu
    629,000 Sakurazuki
    741,000 Start Over

Hinatazaka
    835,000 Boku Nanka
    818,000 Tsuki to Hoshi
    409,000 One Choice

Nogizaka
    931,000 Rock da ze!
    769,000 Koko ni Nai Mono
    496,000 Nido Miru

Not only is it a higher first-day-views number than any recent Sakurazaka single, but it shows Sakurazaka as the only Sakamichi group whose first-day views are trending upward over the past couple of years. And it is by far the highest number among the three groups' latest releases.

@Jsprite -- I too am not a fan of frantic dancing. Karin did a great job in this MV, but I would prefer them to take more advantage of her willowy grace. Also: yes, very likely the hand was Pon's. Their interaction in the MV was good. They can both act.

EDIT:
    Here's another indication of popularity -- "thumb's ups" on YouTube (10pm Wednesday, Tokyo time; "K"=1000):
    58K 1day Start over! (Sakura)
    51K 70days Hito wa Yume wo Nido to Miru (Nogi)
    41K 68days Doushitemo Kimi ga Suki da (AKB)
    40K 75days Kokoro ni mo Nai Mono (Nogi)
    38K 65days One choice (Hinata)
    34K 109days Natsu no Chikamichi (Sakura 3gen)
    20K 53days Coelacanth (Hinata)

It's amazing that Start Over has a higher total than any other video listed, including some that have been up for months. There may be less here than it appears, but perhaps not. Is this the breakthrough? Is it possible?

Of course I have to credit Karin, the group, the song, the choreography and the MV director, but I think I want to credit Aki-P, too, for writing positive, aggressive, hopeful lyrics, creating an atmosphere (may I say it?) a bit like that of Saimajo.

Karin becomes a strong and mature but ironic and approachable figure here. I think her starring role in the Azatoi drama did a lot for her mature confidence and her image. It was set in an office, too.

EDIT2: YouTube views are now over a million, after around a day and a half.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

More good news overnight. The 48-hr view totals of 1.16 million are the highest in Sakurazaka history. The previous highest was Naze Koi (1.13 million), followed by Nobody's Fault (1.07 million).

Not only that, but the 48hr YouTube totals continue to outdistance those of recent releases by other Sakamichi groups:
    116m Sakura / Start over!
    113m Nogi/Koko ni Nai Mono
    84m  Sakura/Sakurazuki
    76m  Hinata/One Choice
    69m  Nogi/Hito wa Yume wo Nido Miru

The only things that really count are sales, and both Nogi (always) and Hinata (in recent years) are doing better in that regard. But these numbers are promising, and I'm thrilled that Sakurazaka are giving signs that they may be coming back from a down period. Especially since my oshi is playing her part in the revival.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thanks for the numbers @ukifune

after so long, so many doubts, even fears and worries, it's good to see the girls reach a bit of higher recognition on YT. I obviously feel they all deserve it, and I'm happy something so relatively small like a single MV can show them our love and appreciation.

...and for Nogi and Hinata fans I presume are disagreeing on your posts, I know it's not easy to see those numbers and read our post from your point of view, but I'm pretty sure there's no hard feelings against your groups; this is like the third time we "started over" we are just happy it's finally going well and in the (presumably) right direction.

This said... I loved this too
    000.jpg

You can find it here:
    https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxLDQxlrs1dH_eAmT5Tp63eZjQ3jQYFLH6

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The beat goes on. Here are total YouTube views up to 72 hours:
    72h  48h  24h
    144.0 115.8 74.1 Sakurazaka/Start over!

134.7 112.7 76.9 Nogi/Koko ni wa Nai
    133.3 113.5 81.8 Hinata/Getsu to Hoshi
    113.0  90.2 62.9 Sakura/Sakurazuki
    88.9  75.6 55.5 Hinata/One Choice
    83.8  69.0 49.6 Nogi/Hito wa Yume

Sakurazaka history:
    #1 144.0 115.8 74.1 Start over!
    #2 140.2 113.0 82.9 Naze Koi
    #3 123.4 106.9 75.9 Nobody's fault

@Dill -- Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. I certainly have nothing against either Nogi or Hinata. I admire them both. But I'm mainly a fan of Sakurazaka, and I'm so happy to see a glimmer of hope that they may be rising again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Added the CD jacket covers to the main post.

And congrats to Shizuki for her center position! Looking forward to the 3rd Gen song. :blush:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Karin's cover is catching my eyes in a strange, beautiful way :inlove:
    On the other hand, I don't like much the water effect with more than a subject

and congrats Shizuchan! Kind of unexpected to me, but I'm curious to see how it will go

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

YouTube views of Start Over have gone over 2 million. The current number is 2,098,079 views. Fastest to 2 million views of all Sakurazaka songs, surging past...Naze Koi. Ah, Karin!

As for the watery covers, I have gotten used to them, and enjoy the look, frustrating as it is.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

It seems management is doing the right thing since the rename by trying out different centers (it was a hard and sad lesson...).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I agree with you guys but at the same time I'm also cautious right now.

We are, after all, talking about YouTube views, which are something requiring no money to achieve.

I love the fact the MV got so high so fast, it's a good freaking news and I hope it will bring many good stuff back to the group and make the girls feel great, but monstrous YT viewers are something Kpoppers manage to get pratically everyday and it takes just organization to make it (which is a feat by itself on internet).
    SakuraCentral and all related social accounts plus the people involved in it are doing a truly wonderful job in the english side of the fanbase, hopefully the same is done by japanese side and any other fanbase around the world, but when it comes to business what it count are, sadly, money.

I think right now only Nogi may have the kind and the amount of fans who would massively buy tons of cd just to support the group, but I'm not sure they do it; perhaps that's something belonging only to AKB of the past.
    This said, these YT viewers already brought good things and a new hope; if they also bring more people buying Sakura stuff and actively follow the group it would be amazing.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3