1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sasaki Kotoko (Kotoko) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    @vshav Interesting write-ups. Your first post made me think Kotoko has some kind of complex about her looks. Not that she doesn't see herself as pretty or doesn't acknowledge it (as we can suppose from the face hiding incident), but rather that she may feel like people reduce her to that, so she shifts the attention to others.
    From there, there can be a lot of speculating. If it is true, is it because of family pressure? Peer pressure? Fans' opinions? etc
    I feel like the less she tells about herself, the more I'm interested in her, but there aren't many people who think this way.

2. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Yes, i am really agree with this!

Ayane is good at piano (eventhough not Ikuta's level i think) and she has a lot of talent too. Different with Ayane, there is no skill that was showed in Kotoko's childhood video. If i am not wrong, Apple-chan(Sayuringo's mascot) was drawn by Kotoko. Since i am an artist, Kotoko is not good at drawing something that exist (see nogiten1 but i forget which episode). But looks like she is good at making unique character. And yes, its really rare to see Kotoko shows any talent she have. I think there is still other hidden talent that maybe even Kotoko doesn't aware. She should try to learn being seiyuu since her voice is also always be complimanted (Have you ever heard when she said "Ok" or "pero-pero"? I think her voice will be suit in anime or game character).

If you see her Showroom (when she did alone), actually Kotoko could tell about many things in her private life without hesitated, she even showed her scar in her hand. Its hard for me how to say it in english. Looks like in cyberspace she could tell about herself but when it is in reality (HS event), she just doesn't know how to communicate with stranger properly cause she is too introvert.

And about modelling case, i dont know if she ever said by herself but some people have said that Kotoko not interested in modelling. Looks like she is not interested in fashion since she always wear parka and her usual clothes with unique character (Kotoko really likes the design!) except recently. Actually i want her to appear more in magz and i hope at least she could be called again in Bis. In Bis's site in late March, Kotoko's arcticle was the most popular. Her weekly rank (1st) stand almost a month and monthly rank (1st) stand until early May. Eventough there was other N46 members (Ranze, Ayane, Iori, Yamashita and Yuki i guess), only Kotoko and Yamashita (if i am not wrong and she only got 3rd rank in weekly rank for only couple days) that could get into rank. So i think Kotoko is suit in female's magz especially if she could express herself more ;)

And 1 more thing i noticed recently. Eventhough Kotoko and Ayane just a normal friend and always be paired just because the management, actually only Karin and Ayane that she called with "chan". Kotoko call other 1st and 3rd members with surname and "san" and all 2nd members with their given name without san or chan. The only special members are Karin and Ayane (chan) and Nakada Kana with her given name "Kana-san" and also Maaya-san (?). (Correct me if i am wrong)

@PetalidiStelle For me her problem is :
    - she is not good at communicating from first. The reason her HS is low at beginning because she is too shy, according to people she is not bad but not satisfying. And maybe the accident affect her response to become worse.
    - she is not popular cause she was always be compared with Shiraishi Mai as the 2 most beautiful in N46. But most fans were dissapointed cause Kotoko is really counterpart with Mai (in fashion, anime otaku and her odd perspective). For them Kotoko wastes her potential and not idol-like.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Adsz

Adsz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hoshinominami
    sorry but kotoko is one of the two most beautiful people in nogizaka? You are her fan so you think so, since in first and third generation there are more beautiful and prominent members than kotoko :shifty:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mrhuy0111

mrhuy0111 Kenkyuusei

@Adsz : that man just wrote from his personal view so be generous, okay?:^^;::^^;:

5. Adsz

Adsz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hoshinominami
    ah, ok, so i have no idea whatsoever :whistle: nice or bad depending on the feeling of each person :)

6. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    When it comes to beauty it's always a matter of personal taste.

7. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    @Adsz It's not my opinion, but many of japanese fans said like that :). And i think why the selection members can usually appear in fashion, movie, etc it is not just because they are beatifll but also they are popular.

And back to Kotoko, i found some interesting news that maybe you all haven't heard (When she was still research student)

1. Almost every time she updated the blog she put Q&A corner about her private life (Like i said before, maybe actually Kotoko want to tell her private life). One of the answer i found interesting is when Kotoko was asked why she didn't use bang. And she drew this option if she want use bang :XD:
    draw.jpg I hope she still improve her drawing skill :)

2. She also talked many times about her best friends in school, A-Chan and T-Chan. Looks like she stop talked about them in middle 2014, maybe they have graduated and separated. And also, around this time Kotoko start calling Karin with chan.

3. Do you know that Kotoko's cat, Guru, only have 1 eye? She also talked many times about her cat in her blog.
    cat.jpg
    I guess when Kotoko being promoted into 2nd generation (2015) she started to live alone in Tokyo and maybe she rarely met her cat cause she never mentioned about Guru again. And anyone know the recent news about Guru? Maybe there is connection about her in Nogiten2 cat part :?:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Well, it's Nogizaka46, there aren't many uglies to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Looks like there is misunderstanding here. I never have intention to make everyone see Kotoko as the most beautiful in N46. I just want to point out one of the reason why she is not popular, that is her Otaku personality. I found this reason in many articles or forums that talk about Mai Shiraishi vs Sasaki Kotoko as the most beautiful in N46. So why there are many articles about it? Where this statement came at first? The answer is last year "Female idol Face only election". The result was Shiraishi in first rank, Matsui Jurina from SKE in second rank and Sasaki Kotoko in 3rd rank (The rest were dominated by N46 and K46 members). Because this result automatically Shiraishi and Kotoko is the best 2. And if you want to said the best 5, the other 3 were Nanase, Iori and Hori. So that topics were created not just from baseless opinion. And i am agree the beautiful is depend on personal taste. And of course that result doesn't make everyone agree with Shiraishi or Kotoko are the best 2 in N46.
    I hope this clears the misunderstanding here :)

Personally i don't choose who is the best face in N46. Like as Seditious85 said, there are many beautiful girls and for me each of them are par cause each other have their own charms :inlove:

10. mrhuy0111

mrhuy0111 Kenkyuusei

@Sno : can u send me link of the "Female idol Face only election" and the those articles which u have mentioned? plz

11. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Sorry for my late reply, i was busy.
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1692344 this is for the election, http://nogiviola.livedoor.biz/archives/6670242.html for mai vs kotoko, and if you type 佐々木琴子 白石麻衣 you could find more.

And under live has ended now. Eventough Kotoko's dance is still weak sometimes but she could show her charm. There are a lot of good report of her about how she attract the attention :chuffed:. I hope we can see it in next Nogiten.

But i am afraid that Kotoko and maybe other 2nd gen will graduate soon.:(
    I didn't expect chiharu and Iori will graduate, especially Iori when her popularity is raising now. Ah i think i can see Kotoko and Iori combination more :(.

This is really bad year for N46:cold:

12. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    That pretty much fans vote. And saw SKE's Kaotan was there, then that poll not quite credible. Not to mocking Kaotan though. And actually I'm happy to saw fans vote for Kotoko. There are pretty much ppls who care and wanna give her courage.

It's not that management ignore her. Kotoko already recieve limelight push on par to Ayane and way more than Zaki. As Zaki fan I'm quite jealous.

Idk, what goin on with her. But both Ayane and Zaki already improve alot. Ayane give bright response on HS meeting. And Zaki known as fisher.

Personally I think Iori prettier than KTK. But Ktk has female preference of beauty. Simmilar to Maiyan. Not cutesy type like Ashu and Naa. ,

13. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    • Like Like x 2
  14. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    The picture of Kotoko and Karin is so lovely. And Kotoko's cute hairstyle :1st:

Hey, thanks for the trivia!

15. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
  16. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
  17. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    • Like Like x 2
  18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    She KO'ed me, when she wink on Nogiten2 ep 48! So beautiful!:inlove:

19. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Kotoko looked like she had a fun time on her SHOWROOM today. Is this her attempt at being more lively?

billi billi link

• Agree Agree x 1