1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sato Shiori (Satoshi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Maeda_Toshiie -- Thanks for this. Great news. She wants to go to college again! Didn't she already graduate once? I had an idea she went to the most prestigious art university in Japan, the "Geidai," the Tokyo University of Art in Ueno. Do you know if that's true?

I read here that when she was graduating from Keyaki she said that she had planned to go and study overseas, but COVID delayed that, and that she wanted to concentrate on studying design and languages. Maybe the overseas thing will happen now. She could do her YouTube show from anywhere.

EDIT: I just searched Twitter for "geidai" and "satou shiori" (藝大 佐藤詩織) and got a couple of suggestive hits. No proof, just indications.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Oops, sorry, I forgot her new Youtube channel link was above ukifune's post...

4. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

@ukifune

Good question. I took a look at her intro in EP2. She said that she was studying design at "美大" (美術大学) which means art university. I don't know about the specific university; that may be mentioned elsewhere.

I think she meant wanting to overseas (which was her original plan pre-COVID). It may be a second degree or possibly post-graduate studies, though she didn't say 大学院.

5. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

6. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

佐藤詩織 「Be true to yourself」予告

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Also:

EyvwaG7VIAQXfmu.jpg

Beautiful.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

10. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Do we know by any chance what country "overseas" may mean?

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Sorry, all I saw was "kaigai." As for her original university, Wikipedia now says it was Musashino Art University in Tokyo, which has a campus near the Sony Music Enterprises building that I believe is where Seed & Flower is located.

She has already visited Britain, but whether for study or just travel, I'm not sure. London would be a great choice for art...but so would LA.

12. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    I think she said Australia during one of her instalives (Australia was the planned destination, and is the country she wants to try again for in the future).

13. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Ah, Australia, a country well known for its sophisticated art and culture. . . .

cough

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Ouch, mate!

15. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Fair dinkum! But now for something beautiful and mesmerizing.

I'm so glad she's on this path, she clearly has dreams and she's following them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    LMAO

I always thought she would go to France... but I don't know why I was so sure about it
    I would love to have her in Italy someday though.

Meanwhile, it's so good to see her make her first steps out there. I'm so proud :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  17. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    @Dill I thought she'd go to Italy or France, or maybe London with her having been to the UK before, plus it's really easy and fairly inexpensive to get flights from London to the rest of Europe - well, it was before the world shut down. :rolleyes:

I think she'll do it one day, for now I'm just glad she didn't become one of those members like Yone - who I really liked - who graduates and is never heard from again. I'm looking forward to seeing where her art takes her.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Seeing as she was studying English, I presumed that she was intending to go to an Anglophone country, with the UK and the US being likely destinations.

Of the Keyaki-chans, Yonetani is the only one who completely turned into an ippan and disappeared. All of the rest have some social media presence and/or do entertainment related jobs. However, it is not entirely surprising to me, given how her interests differ significantly from practically everyone else in Keyakizaka (and most of the idol business sector). She's a microbiology geek or even nerd*. As someone in a STEM field, I get her. She almost feels like an accidental idol, with her overriding interests elsewhere. I can imagine her doing a PhD and working as a postdoc somewhere, like Handai in her home town (lol). I'd like to see her open a Youtube channel to explain the science that she loves. There are a lot of science channels in English, but I suspect not that many in Nihongo.

* E. coli cultures on agar plates probably interest her more than the latest shoe fashion.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Shiichan has so many interests linked to arts she may go anywhere she wants in Europe and not be disappointed.
    As much as it pains me, english is the best choice no matter where you want to go. You're sure most people would understand you.

Yone.. eh, Yone is Yone lol
    I imagine we all knew she would chose a "normal" life once her idol career would close and even though I miss her like other Keyaki fans, thinking about it, I'm glad she chose to stay true to herself.
    This said, I would love to follow her YT channel about microbes and science and all that stuff I don't understand lol

20. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    Is that coming from jealousy? Because Australia's indigenous arts and culture is pretty nice and unique at least. I mean I'd understand if she chose US or UK for art, but between US' mass shootings and UK's stricter immigration policies (from what I heard), Australia still ain't a bad choice when it comes to the arts. I am concerned with all western countries facing a rise of attacks on Asians though. (It really makes me worry for my parents' and brother's safety.)
    Extra benefit if she chose Aus though is that they have extremely fewer infected Covid19 cases compared to the US and UK. So deciding to study in Australia honestly wouldn't surprise me if it's true.
    If she picked somewhere like Italy or France, then I think learning one of those languages (at least primarily) would have benefitted her more than English when it comes to studying in that respective country. In Satou's case, I heard that Japanese and some European languages have similar sentence structures and grammar, so learning them might also be easier.

Excuse all the rambling. I just wanted to set straight that Australia's art culture shouldn't be looked down on just because it's not as well-known as US or UK (I honestly don't know much about British arts though), and some other merits to studying/living there.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1