Seeing AKB48 Shows (TOC at first post)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Nov 16, 2010.

1. イーディー

イーディー Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I’m trying to apply for theatre shows when I’m in Japan on holiday next month, am I best putting my hotel address or my UK one?

2. bankudonku

bankudonku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakura, Miipan, Ashurin
    Use your hotel address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. イーディー

イーディー Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka

4. enailiva

enailiva Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    Twitter:
    aviliane
    Miraculously won a theater show after only a week of trying! After you pay for and receive your ticket + wristband, do you need to stay on the 8th floor? Or is it possible to leave and go do other stuff as long as you return 30 minutes before the show? I'd like to get my ticket as early as possible since I'm nervous about navigating the process with my limited Japanese, but I'm not particularly keen on waiting around in the lobby for two hours.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes, you can leave an come back. BTW, there is no wristband. Your name will be on the ticket, and you will need to show your ID as you enter the theater, so don't store your ID in a locker.

BTW, don't worry too much about the process. Just go to the ticket counter, present your winning email (or the winning page on the ticket center) and your ID, and you will be given your ticket. It won't take more than a minute.

Also, remember you cannot carry a bag or purse into the theater. You must store things like that in a locker before the show. There are plenty of lockers on the 8th floor (200 yen) However, if the lockers all get filled the staff will store your bags for you (also 200 yen)

My advice: keep as little as possible in your pockets, as you will have to put everything in a tray as you go through the metal detector. I usually only bring in my wallet, phone, and perhaps a glowstick.

6. enailiva

enailiva Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    Twitter:
    aviliane
    Great, thank you for your help!

7. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

I'm confused, if I had lucky enough to win a ticket, what information would theater staff check? Because I registered with my friend's phone number and address in Tokyo but He will leave Japan in this July so his phone number will become invalid

8. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Your winning number and ID.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sortilege

sortilege Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagi yuki
    Sorry for what I’m sure is probably a dumb question, but I was looking into applying for the solo concert dates that Yukirin just announced but it seems that you can only apply through Twin Pillars or one of the Mobile clubs? When I log into my account on the ticket website, there’s nothing for either concert date that I can apply for but when I’m logged out, it mentions the applications are open for all the group Mobiles and TP. Here’s the link to the official instructions: https://yukiring.jp/news/detail.php?id=1074615
    I’ve never applied for any concert or theater show before so please let me know if I’m wrong about this or if that’s usually how it is for solo concerts. Thanks!

10. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Do you have any group mobile or eizo center subscription?
    If you don't then you can only apply for it in general release period. Which is still...a long way in the future.

If you have a credit card, then I do suggest to subscribe to Eizo Center or Twin Pillars. It has a decent chance of winning compared to general release one.
    In addition, if you are okay with it, SKE and STU mobile also can be subscribed using overseas credit cards. After subscribing, don't forget to link those accounts with the one in the ticket center.

hope this help @sortilege

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    second this.
    Some extra information. Eizo Center requires a Japanese IP to subscribe, so you might have to use a (trustworthy) VPN connection.
    Nihonbashira (two pillars FC) sometimes is a bit picky with foreign Credit Cards.

12. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Nihonbashiranokai has always worked for me with Amex, and so have SKE and NMB ones too. Note that you can sign up for NMB too with a foreign CC and without a Japanese phone number.

13. sortilege

sortilege Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagi yuki
    @SunnyHighland and @Puni thanks for your responses! That was all helpful information and I’ll look into Nihonbashira for now
    @Tuhis thank you too! I will keep that in mind!

14. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Just yesterday it rejected my Visa card while the Eizo Center accepted it right away.
    Amex is a bit of a special case because of their special relationship with JCB.

15. sortilege

sortilege Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagi yuki
    @Puni thank you again! Nihonbashira did not take my credit card (visa) but Eizo Center did without any problem! And you can make an account and link it to the ticket center site without a VPN, but the actual videos did not load properly when I wasn't using a VPN.
    Does anyone know of a shopping service/etc that will do convenience store payments for you? I had used fromjapan before and I sent them an e-mail to see if they still offer that but I was curious what you all do when you need to pay at the conbini.

16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    You could contact @Sakuraism via DM, he's made conbini payments on my behalf on a number of occasions and many other people here have also used his services.

17. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, that sucks .... finally was able to ably for the Team K performance on Saturday ... (by registering a new account with our Japan Hotel address on my sister's name ... as I'm dragging her with me :D)

and now it seems the performances got canceled :/ .... :(

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I don't see anything about it being cancelled. Nothing on the official blog, and the show is still listed on the ticket center.

19. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Why did you need to register a new account under a different name to apply?

20. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    because I had my account registered on my home address and it was somehow not possible to change it, and with a foreign address you are not eligible for any theatre show :/

my bad, I need to learn how to read or I just didn't look good enough this morning.... it was a miss :(
    well, that was to be expected.

I must say it struck me as extremely weird as the evening one is a birthday celebration

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019