Single [SINGLE] SKE48 6th Single [Pareo wa Emerald] '11/07/27

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by Jasey, May 28, 2011.

1. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] SKE48 6th Single [Pareo wa Emerald] (2011/07/27

bigger record label means more copies will be produced so there's the potential to sell more, as well as higher budget things for PVs and stuff (generally speaking)

Since it's avex, promotion won't be that great (although they'll still get stuff), as avex can't promote an idol group to save their lives.

2. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Considering that this move was announced Saturday, judging by today's share price movements (increase) on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, avex shareholders might have saw this as a good business move to boost avex's artist lineup and overall profitability/market share - SKE48 being a fairly large and popular artist group acquisition and all (not forgetting its direct links with its even bigger sister, AKB48).

We'll see, though. Although I don't understand why many complain about avex's perceived ill-treatment of idol groups in general - I'm not seeing anything wrong with French Kiss or DiVA, for example. And considering they're (and SKE48) are linked back (somehow or another) to Aki-P's conglomerate, I don't see this being too much of a problem - in fact, I think it'll be good for SKE48 in the long run. Especially if avex group capitalises on SKE's success combined with avex's own (more, compared to, say, King Records) global reach, at least in the Asian market.

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Bigger label = more promotional power = more SKE everywhere. That's a good thing.

However,

Avex = they have lots of failed/abandoned smaller acts = bit of a concern. But I doubt it'll be an issue here.

4. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

if the avex move is good for ske in the first place why they doesn't move the akb girls to avex in the first place instead of king records after they had enough of Defstar ??

5. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Because you don't get to choose who you go to, the record label chooses you. AKB48 were nobodies at that time. It's not like they could pick who they want. AKB were in fact lucky to get a new label at all, it's considered extremely dangerous to quit a company in the Japanese entertainment industry (eg Suzuki Ami quit her management agency because they were stealing her money; she was blacklisted for years in the industry after that despite doing nothing wrong). It's different for SKE because moving from a smaller label to a bigger one is usually a deal the labels make between themselves.

6. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

Look at SweetS, Super Girls, Folder, Dream5, HINOI TEAM and TGS to see what I'm talking about for idol groups. SKE, FK and DiVA are exceptions because they're related to AKB, but avex original idol groups rarely get off the ground.

7. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

^
    ^
    I'm more concern about the image. Right now, SKE hardly do any gravure(swinsuit) photoshoot. Most of their photoshoot involve cosplay. And I thought they doing just fine with it. If moving to avex means we gonna see things like Ponytail, Heavy Rotation or Kakuusha, than I rather have them moving to Hello Pro. :fp:

8. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

They're still with the same management agency and they're the guys who call the shots on things like swimsuits, though. Nothing happens without management approval.

9. Sumire

Sumire Kenkyuusei

How much if any say will Avex have on stuff like graduations/team shuffles etc?

10. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

As I said, the management agency controls the group, not the record label. Pythagoras Promotion own and run SKE48's membership and day to day functions, while Avex will finance the production of the music, its promotion and distribution etc, and in return get a cut of the profits (and the rights to the music).

It's not like in the west where the record label produces and makes the music so basically tells the artist what to do, Aki-P is obviously going to hang onto control of the group as producer so will determine what sort of music gets made, how it's run etc.

I'm sure Avex will have their say of "this girl is popular she should be pushed" etc but it's not up to them, it's the management that determine it.

Obviously all this is based on speculation, for all we know there could be a secret contract giving shared control of SKE48 to Avex, the Reptoids and the Saucer People. We can only assume based on what's presented.

11. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

i hope that the ske girls will not get shafted by avex , i hope that max matsuura will not interfere aki-p and pythagoras work on the girls

12. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

I hope less Jurina's and Rena's screentime and more spotlights for girls from Team E.
    I'm still hoping for Pippi as selected member eventhough I know it's useless to hope.

13. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

14. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

I got the email from HMV about it almost a day ago :hehe:

Type A Type B Type C

15. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

^Their search bar is garbage.

16. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Yay! Finally, the new SKE single! [party] Hope it continues the awesomeness of the last two.

I think the general gist of the Avex situation has been covered quite well on both sides and echo my thoughts exactly.

17. oddball

oddball Member

Well, I would be OK with this, as long as most of that free screen time goes to Non, darn that girl facinates me at the moment.....

18. mixedmedia

mixedmedia Kenkyuusei

SKE48 is in Hawaii now filming the PV!!!!!
    A Facebook friend told me about it and drove down to where they were as fast as safely possible (and then got lost!!!!) but finally found the place they were filming!!!!!!!!!

It was a public beach so I was able to walk around with no problems.

As far as I could see (girls that I recognize) included the Matsuis, Ogiso, Yukko, Kumi, Masana, Anna, Mizuki and SHAWAKO!!!!!! The scene they were filming involved the girls jumping off of a cliff into the ocean. Rena was wearing a red dress. Was hard to see everyone since they were all huddled under golf umbrellas and trying to keep from getting sunburned. I think I made eye contact with Kumi and Masana as I was walking by though.

I wasn't sure of the proper fan etiquette so I tried to keep my distance and stay out of the way but ended up talking to one of the photographers (or something). Apparently the filming wraps up tomorrow on the North Shore of Oahu according to the photographer. I took some pictures with my phone from far away (though I maybe shouldn't have). Sorry.

As I was leaving, I saw Shawako sitting by herself by the food tent eating pineapple so I gave in to temptation and talked to her. I told her I was a big fan, congratulations on making senbatsu for the PV and that she looked cute as always (I messed up a little on that b/c I was nervous though) and then she got all shy and tried to hide behind her hair!!! I should have told her how much fans overseas love her or to have more confidence but I wanted to keep it short so not to make the nearby staff angry for talking to her too much.

There was almost an incident where one of the hair/make people fell in a big puddle and later fell into the ocean!

19. tomochan

tomochan Kenkyuusei

oh gosh, Ske in hawaii, avex goos job. :D im happy with Shawako too, she cute and she is like angle, but she add in senbatsu and who out?

20. mixedmedia

mixedmedia Kenkyuusei

Apparently, there were 12 girls there and I recall recognizing 9 so the other 3 are a mystery. I either didn't recognize them or they were hiding under their umbrellas.

If Avex is responsible for SKE going to Hawaii to film then I'm all for it! They need to bring down DiVA next!!!!