1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

SKE48 Fanfic: Knives and Forks - Prologue

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Theatre' started by cometerz48, Jun 11, 2014.

1. cometerz48

cometerz48 Kenkyuusei

Hello, if you are familiar with some fanfics around the net you probably (or more likely 'hopefully') noticed my username as a writer. Yes, I am one and it's my first time I'm posting fanfic in stage48. Well, I kinda see that this place is a bit lacking of fanfic, and therefore I think I'll add one.

Various pairings will be swirling around as the story goes, so don't worry if you can't sense your favorite pairings around. They will pop out in some way :D

enjoy~ and sorry for the bad English. I will be waiting for your feedbacks, minna~

Knives and Forks - Prologue
    The heat in the room was hot enough to melt butter in less than five minutes; luckily the ventilator and the fan did a good job of cooling the entire room. But, nobody was relaxing or stopping to take a breath. Everyone is always busy here.

“Table seven: One Linguine with Cuttlefish Sauce, one Swordfish and Sweet Pepper soup, one Fish Vol au Vent, and one Tuna tart!” yelled the head chef from his table with the order slip in her hand.

“YES CHEF!” we synced together with no stopping.

“Takanayagi, where’s the Chicken Brochette I ordered five minutes ago?” yelled the chef when I pulled it out of the cooling rack.

“Coming in thirty seconds!” I yelled back. I put the food on the plate and drizzled the sauce neatly before handing it to the Head Chef which then she tap the bell to let the waiter know that it’s ready.

“I want one Hot Apricots with ‘Cream’ and Cherry Soup for table twelve!”yelled the head chef again.

“YES CHEF!!”

As I walked to the oven to retrieve the next orders, I saw my friends working in the kitchen. Working on various dishes they’re specialized in and so that it can be served to the customers. Spices and ingredients, all dwells in to create unique flavors and texture to entertains it’s consumer’s tongue.

Now I remembered how things we bared upon together in this place. The dreams we wanted to grasps were different to each other. But all that were based from the human’s nature to stay alive by consuming food. Our job here is to make that ancient tradition into a much more memorable experience in each bite from our produce.

“Takayanagi, focus! I want the Spinach Pie in less than two minutes!” barked the chef.

“Yes, Mam!” I saluted to her, earning a grin from her and my other friends whom are smiling as their hands works.

I pulled out the baking tray from the oven with my gloves and placed the pie on the cooling rack as I gave a quick smile to Airin who’s doing the same thing with her dessert. Nothing is better than having to cook beside your girlfriend after all.

Ah, my name is Takanayagi Akane; a member of the pastry station. Welcome to our restaurant, The Sakae House.

2. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @cometerz48 hello! I've seen this fanfiction on Jph!p forums before and haven't commented and it's a nice idea you got there ^_^

3. cometerz48

cometerz48 Kenkyuusei

@KashiwagiFan4Life : Thanks for the compliment. Well, I do update this fic more at jphip. But then, I guess I'd like a bit more publication here since there's so little of fanfic going on around here~

Chapter 1 Yosha Ikuzo~

Knives and Forks – Chapter 1

Just as the clock struck at 9.00pm, the ‘OPEN’ sign board to ‘CLOSED’ marking the end of today’s session. After a huge clean ups of the kitchen, we all find ourselves collapsed on the couches in the staff room.

“That was one hell of dinner session!” exasperated Kinoshita Yukiko as she collapsed on a couch and claimed it all to herself.

“How many orders we’ve made?”asked Suda Akari letting go off her hair from the bun she usually put up every time she cooks.

“About one hundred orders in the last three hours.” Read off Nakanishi Yuka the head chef. “Well done~”

“Yay~” I collapsed on a couch next to the tired Airin. “That’s worth celebrating honestly.”

“Shall we then?” joined in Matsui Jurina who just came in followed by Kizaki Yuria. “I know a good gyoza store around the corner~”

“Just let us rest first okay..?” asked Oya Masana fanning herself and just sat by Yukiko’s head. “It’s such a tiring day..”

“Thank you for the hard work today~” Matsui Rena’s voice chimed in followed by the figure. “I don’t think we need to go anywhere, let’s just celebrate here.”

“Ooh!! Let’s call up some pizza!!” suggest Yakata Miki. “We can order like heaps with cokes then just celebrate~”

The others seemed agreed with the idea and soon we were eating boxes of pizza and drunk cans of coke. As well as everyone was celebrating and talking happily, I stayed beside Airin on the balcony looking at the starry night sky.

“It’s a beautiful night.” I whispered as I leaned my head over to Airin’s shoulder.

Airin nodded, “It’s no wonder that the restaurant full today. Everyone feels like tonight is the best night for a dinner date.”

“I’m glad..” I smiled. “How long has it been since we worked in this place?”

Airin frowned, “Five years I suppose.. We start off together as Kitchen Assistants like Kaotan now..”

“Then we choose our path..” I continued. “I choose pastry while you choose desserts.”

“I always wondered why you choose desserts even know you don’t like sweets much.” I frowned.

Airin laughed lightly, “I guess this world just need some sweetness, and the best sweets usually are from the ones that doesn’t like sweets.”

“Hee? Really?” I asked. Airin nodded, “But at least you like one certain sweetness right?”

“Hmm.. I guess I do.” Said Airin.

“Tell me what it is then~” I urged with a smile.

Airin lift up my chin so I looked at her straight in the eyes, making me slightly flustered with these butterflies in my stomach to add with.

“You are one sweetness I love.” she said. Then she leaned in to kiss me, which I welcomed her to.

Her lips moved slowly on mine, but I enjoyed every seconds of it with my eyes closed. Sweetness filled in my mouth, unlike artificial sweetness from candies but more like a natural sweetness from honey or something. It felt warm from lips to my chest.

“Oi, you guys! Don’t you think you both should get a room or something?!” chimed in a voice. I rolled my eyes in a bit of annoyance but still smiling on Airin’s lips.

“Kaotan, you should really stop recording harassing people when they’re having nice moment there!” chimed in another voice followed by the sound of skull being knocked.

“Itte!!”

Both of us laughed watching Matsumura Kaori being dragged by Sato Mieko back to the room, leaving us on the balcony alone.

“shall we get back in?” asked Airin.

“Sure.” I pecked her lips before dragging her back in.

When we came in, everyone was still enjoying the party. Akarin was playing Russian roulette with Jurina, Rena, Miki, and Kanon. But instead of using knives or guns, they’re using cans of coke.

“One out of these five cans has been shaken up.” smirked Akarin. “Guess which one~”

“Aww, man..” whined Jurina. “Akarin, I didn’t bring any change of clothes today if I got sprayed.”

“You are one mean devil, Akarin-san..” pouted Kimoto Kanon taking a can of coke.

I saw Rena took one two and glanced at Jurina, “I’m scared.”

Jurina smiled, “Me too. Let’s hope none of us gets it and it’s Akarin that gets it later.”

“I’m betting on Jurina getting sprayed!” chimed in Yuka. “Anyone interested in betting?”

“I’m putting mine on Kanon!” joined in Mieko with excitements. “Airin, Akane, you guys in?”

“I don’t think so, Nee-san.” Said Airin. “How about you?” she asked me. I shook my head.

“I’m in for Miki getting sprayed!” laughed off Yukiko. “It will be fun getting that on the camera, right Kaotan?”

“Camera ready!” exclaimed Kaotan with a handy cam in her hand.

“Okay then guys, ready?” asked Akarin as she looked around at the contestants and the gamblers. The smile on her face is absolutely triumph full.

“Ready? GO!” I watched the five of them opened the can and watched four fountains of coke splashing on the contestants except Akarin herself.

“OI!!” complained Jurina after her fountain calmed down. Her face was totally soaked by the coke. “I thought you said it was one out of five that’s shaken!”

“Hee? Really?” asked Akarin with a completely angelic innocent face. “I guess I made a mistake.. It should be one out of five that was unshaken.”

“SUDA!!!!” yelled Kanon, Jurina, Miki, and Rena with a tone of anger. I couldn’t help but to join in the laughed with the others as they watched Akain getting chase around the room with four figures covered in coke.

“Gomenasa- Oofff!” yelled Akarin before she crashed with someone at the door. She looked up and saw the restaurant manager, Yuasa. All of us stopped laughing instantly and bowed a bit to the manager.

“Yuasa-san!!” exclaimed Akarin before she bowed down. “Sorry for crashing to you!”

“It’s alright, Suda-san.” Said Yuasa. “Good job with the vegetarian dish today, I had some staff from the vegetarian magazine about your ratatouille and they’re releasing a review about it next week.”

“Sasuga, Akarin!!” I exclaimed and clapped followed by the others. Akarin smiled and I could see some reds on her cheeks.

“ Thank you, Yuasa-san.” Bowed Akarin.

“And also I’m afraid I have some news for you all..” said Yuasa.

“I don’t like it when he said ‘I’m afraid’..”whispered Airin from my side.

“What is it?’ asked Yuka with a serious tone.

“I received a notification from the restaurant association of Japan and it says that there will be a program of exchanging chefs from other restaurants.” Said Yuasa.

“What??” exclaimed Jurina. “You mean like there will be another chef coming in and cook and work with us all? And we go to another restaurant and do the same thing?”

“Most likely that will be the case, Matsui.” Said Yuasa.

“That’s a bit risky, wouldn’t it bring up some troubles later on?” asked Yuria with a concerned tone.

“Hopefully it won’t since there’s only four restaurant that were in this program and The SAKAE House is one of them.” Said Yuasa wiping his glasses.

“When does it starts?” asked Rena anxiously as she held tight to Jurina’s hand.

“Probably next week. Don’t worry this shouldn’t be going long, it’s just that we have to amuse the elders of the association.” Said Yuasa rolling his eyes. “Well then, please continue your party and don’t forget to clean up and lock the doors for tomorrow then.”

“What do we do now..?” I asked the others after Yuasa left.

“I don’t know..” said Yuka. “This seems to be rather serious..”

“I don’t want to get separated!” exclaimed Kanon. “My place is here in Sakae House!!”

“It’s our place together, Kanon.” Said Mieko hugging the young girl. “We still got time till next week to figure out what’s really going on.”

After that, soon no one was in mood for party anymore. Everyone fell silence until then Airin and I excused our self to head back home.

“I don’t want to get separated..” I quoted Kanon’s words as we walked home with hands to each other.

“Neither am I, Churi..” said Airin sadly. “Remember our promise?”

I nodded, “The one about our future?”

Airin nodded, “If this were to happen, I hope it won’t effects it later.”

“I love you, Airin.” I said to the girl beside me.

“I love you too, Churi.”