1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Songs that give you the FEELS

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Ugokanaide, May 26, 2020.

1. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    So we all know that 48/46 songs aren't always lyrical masterpieces, but what are the ones that make you feel stuff? Not the ones that represents the group, the one your oshi centers but the ones you feel.

While I listen to most of the songs for the fun of it and to "practise my Japanese" (ww), my favoritess gotta be:

• Kimi no Na wa Kibou This would be like Japanese suffering. Even though I don't follow Sakamichi groups this is probably my favorite song of all the 48/46 franchise
    • Kimi wa Melody this song really gets me reminiscing about my teens and I learned to appreciate it fairly recently. This gives me as much nostalgia as listening to anything off Katy Perry's Teenage Dream, Avril Lavigne's Goodbye Lullaby or RHCP's I'm With You
    • Otona Ressha that is not the best, but I was a teen when I joined the fandom and this was the soundtrack of that period when everyone seems to be doing more than you... yeah, very dear to me
    • Makeoshimi Congratulation much like Otona Ressha, but it feels like I outgrew my likes for it but I go back from time to time
    • Koisuru Fortune Cookie really makes me joyfull, I always listen to it in sucky days (a lot recently)
    • All In is a song that I like to listen when I'm getting ready to go out to no place in particular (srsly, I have it in the same playlist I have Rihanna's Please Don't Stop the Music)
    • Anata ga Itekureta Kara
    • Buddy
    • Ashita wa Ashita no Kimi ga Umareru
    • Omoide de no Hotondo
    And, of course
    • Honehone Waltz

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Green flash man! What a song

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It really depends on the situation but I always getting goosebumps whenever I listen to Beginner. Other songs that give me feels are Inochi wa Utsukushii, Yoakemade tsuyogaranakutemo ii, kimi wa melody, and Jibun no koto (that Himeka solo song). Also, UHHO UHHOHO really excite me everytime. And a lot more since it really depends on the state I'm listening the song lol.

Also, it's not from 48/46 but still Akip's production, 22/7's 3rd,4th, 5th A-side really give me feels, I especially like the 3rd.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    - Sakura no Hanabiratachi (how can everyone not feel it)
    - Ima, Kimi wo Omou
    - Sasae
    - Anata ga Ite Kureta Kara
    - Max Toki 315-Go
    - Yume no Kawa
    - Sotsugyou Ryokou

Hell, it's so much more, so I'll stop here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

There's so many it's kind of scary. For the most part the mixture of an attachment to the members who first performed the song, members who have become famous for certain performances of the songs, the message(s) within the songs lyrics, and the score piece for the songs is what does it. For example I get the feels from Omoide no Hotondo not because of Atsumina necessarily, but because the songs lyrics make it easy to project myself and a friend I once felt as close to as the lyrics are implying, but the score piece for the song alone sometimes invokes feels. Meanwhile I specifically get the feels from Bird when listening to Bird's original recording or watching performances of it centered by Takamina. It doesn't quite do the same thing for me if someone else is in Takamina's position.

Korogaru Ishi ni Nare is a song I love seeing performed by lineups of Team K especially in earlier years when original Team K members were still around in abundance, but the song still manages to give me feels even when its being performed by other teams and lineups of members I don't have a whole lot of attachments to. I won't list this one, but will mention it; the Team K version of Classmate with Ono Erena and Oku Manami doing a lot of duo lines gives me all the feels over their friendship. They sound so good together and I feel so bummed about the fact that Ono Erena went on to be a regular feature in Senbatsu while Oku Manami did not.

Should probably also mention that while I've enjoyed other members performances of Mushi no Ballad and the song's lyrics could certainly invoke feels on their own, I've never quite truly gotten hit in the feels by this song unless Akimoto Sayaka was performing it. I'm also rarely hit in the feels by simply listening to the recording which is why I didn't list it here. There's something to the spectacle when it comes to this one, of seeing her perform it that does it for me.

Out of all the ones listed bellow I think Anata to Christmas Eve gives me the most feels. I don't even have much of an explanation for that one it's just a beautiful song that I find myself listening to a lot and singing along to or randomly singing parts of quite often. In the shower, on walks or jogs, while grocery shopping, it doesn't seem to matter this song just doesn't want to stay out of my life.

Bird
    Maria
    Sasae
    Gunzou
    So Long
    Shonichi
    Shinkirou
    Glory Days
    Mori e Ikou
    Green Flash
    Sakura no Shiori
    To Be Continued
    Nageki no Figure
    Sougen no Kiseki
    Omoide no Hotondo
    Hoshi no Mukougawa
    Korogaru Ishi ni Nare
    Sakura no Ki ni Narou
    Namida no Uri Shoujo
    Nakinagara Hohoende
    Anata to Christmas Eve
    Sakura no Hanabiratachi
    Seishun to Kizukanai Mama
    Yume wa Nando mo Umarekawaru
    Dareka no Tame ni ~What Can I do For Someone?~

• Like Like x 2
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'm just going to concentrate on songs which give me particular 'nostalgia feels', in other words those which trigger happy memories of me discovering the music of 48 and 46 groups during 2015-16.

Green Flash (AKB)
    Inochi wa Utsukushii (N46)
    These two songs engender happy memories of my first-ever trip to Japan in March 2015 when everything was new to me including my love of idol groups and I heard these two songs seemingly everywhere I went.

Hohoemi Popcorn (HKT)
    Two cute girls leapt out of the screen as soon as the MV started - I soon learned that they were NakoMiku. :)

Koppu no Naka no Komorebi (SKE Love Crescendo)
    The first SKE single which caught my attention and which introduced me to Ryoha, Yunana and Rara who became my top 3 members of the group.

Choose Me! (AKB)
    Houkago Race (SKE)
    During the Christmas/New Year period of 2015/16 I binge-listened to older B-sides to learn more about them and these two songs quickly stood out as favourites while I chilled out with post-Xmas food and wine. :)

Wimbledon e Tsureteitte (SKE)
    One of the first 48G theater songs I discovered - a song with the name of my favourite annual sporting event and a part of London I know very well!

Max Toki 315go (NGT)
    This was in my head for the whole of my trip to Japan in March 2016 especially as I saw the group perform it at the open-air 48G concert in Yokohama on 3/27 in the warm spring sunshine and I felt there was a huge positive vibe coming from the members of the new group. (but sadly for me some of the 'feel' has since subsided for obvious reasons.)

Futougou (N46)
    I first heard this song just after my return from Japan that year when I was feeling sad about returning home - somehow it just helped me deal with my mood.

Kin no Ai , Gin no Ai (SKE)
    I get 'feels' from this song from the MV filmed in familiar places in central Tokyo and from Rion's haunting keyboard playing.

Edited to add one more, this time from 2017:
    Maebure (AKB)
    When I saw the MV for the first time I strongly sensed that this had a 'pre-graduation' feel for Mayuyu and indeed she announced her departure a couple of weeks later. For me this is my kami-oshi's true grad song and I feel more moist-eyed listening to it than to her final AKB songs a few months later.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

There really are a lot, depends on how one interprets 'FEELS'. There are songs that make me cry when I'm sad and songs that make me all happy and fluffy. Some I can only enjoy in a stage or a concert. So, so many. But there are two songs that have to be mentioned in my case:

Maenomeri (SKE48)
    It's Matsui Rena's graduation song. There is so much I connect with this song that I still can't listen to it without crying. Ask my friends, it works everytime. The first second and I'm sobbing :^^;:

SUKI SUKI SUKI (AKB48, but I mainly know it from HKT48 stages)
    I don't like the song that much. But there is this part where there is nearly no music (or there is no music?) and the refrain about love is sung without much instrumental. This is the part where the audience shouts the group's name / the name of the girl who is graduating to the rhythm. I love that part so much, I can't even describe what kind of positive feeling it has for me.<3

• Like Like x 1