1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Fall 2015 Shuffle - Meet Your New Staff

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Why does that mod owe ppl money????

2. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    ok but what about snh and jkt forum? the snh one especially needs tons of work it's probably the biggest mess on the entire forum right now i was a moderator and in charge of snh stuff on everyday48 i could take and be trusted with the snh job i have people who can back me up on this

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  3. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

I dont know what exactly Grand C is referring to, but i guess he talks about this:
    Briefly put, said admin bought a lot of 2013 theater editions to supply the forum with votes (with the idea of using the handshake tix for himself). It was the first year of theater eds coming with voting codes, his pricing was reasonable and back then not so many people offered this service or knew japanese middle-men. He also made the generous insane offer to send every participiant one copy of Sayonara Crawl. In the end, he accepted orders for 900 CDs from 100+ people. Turned out he underestimated the bill for ~100 parcels shipped to anywhere in the world, and only a handful of people received their single. So, it wasnt a rip off in the classical way, but neither the best action in history, since he went on promising to send the CDs for like forever. Of course, he would still go and use his 900 handshake tickets for his oshimen, anyway, though :/ I think he occupied an entire slot (with chairs and stuff) and got 15 minutes of 2ch fame/hate.

/edit: In his defense, all voting codes were delivered in time (but i remember he checked many codes to know our voting behaviour xD).

4. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Thanks everyone for the warm words, nice to have this forum moving again and being apart of it this time. Many of you probably don't recognise me since I only occasionally posted outside of my oshi's threads or the Otoge thread where I used to used update frequently. If you do know me then kudos to you hahas. For me, it was a surprise when @ithebigc asked me if I wanted to take up such a role but he convinced me into it as I always wanted to give something back to the community, especially Stage48. It was one of the first places I visited when I joined this fandom and taught me a lot so now it's my turn to help you guys out in return.

I might not be the best person for the job but hey, I can at least say I'll try my best. I'm a chill guy so I might end up being a bit too nice to some of you guys in terms of my moderating but I'm cool with that, not every moderator has to be strict and we can all have a bit of fun. Being impartial isn't one of my worries though and I'll still do my job when things go overboard and also helping out in contributing and controlling discussions when possible. I'll mainly be around the AKB side of the forum and SKE to a lesser extent since that's where I know best and where my interest lies but I'll still deal with problems in all sections of the forum when needed. Either way, I hope you guys will like my work as a moderator and I'll do my best here to get Stage48 rolling again and not be a laughing stock like it is on Twitter nowadays.

• Like Like x 2
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Excellent news!

Does this mean I can finally get a proper wiki account >_>

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

First order of business....anyone who refuses to worship at the altar of SKE gets banned! :awesome:

Kidding, kidding, of course. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. For those that do not know me, I do spend most of my time in the SKE and AKB forums, and I'm omnipresent in the s48 IRC chan. I've been in the 48 fandom for a disgustingly long time, prior to joining Stage, and I'm still having just as much fun as in those early days. Fun is the key word to me...I view AKB as entertainment, as a hobby, and I personally believe a bit more levity could benefit most of the forum, as many of the petty squabbles that break out now and then often seem to be caused by folks simply taking things too personally and acting irrational. I think it's entirely possible to be dedicated and respectful while still maintaining a sense of humor. Less White Knighting, more whimsy! If you can't laugh at your own oshimen, this fandom can eat you up.

I think the departure of Smilodon is a big loss for the forum, and I'm sad to see him go. He's been a great source of assistance to many members in the past, and has always acted in an impartial and professional manner beyond anything I'm likely capable of. Thanks for all you've done. We shall send you off with a forum-wide singalong to namida no sei janai.

So, anyway, 1 2 3 4 yoroshiku and all that. Also, although I tend to speak like a 12 year-old on tumblr, I'm really old as dirt and demand you all call me Mama Poi from now on. :hehe:

• Like Like x 2
  7. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I'm pretty sure I can handle the tiny things like adding members to the Oshimen field once I mess around with the administrative controls enough. If @aezea is willing though, of course I'd like his help in whatever changes we have to make to the backend in future (and we'd need @Mr Waffle to create a position that can do so). That's for another time once we get the more pressing matters out of the way first though. Baby steps!

The admin/moderator banners are retroactive and apply to all posts a member have ever made on this forum since it's simply a representation of our profile. So if you dig back far enough all the way into 2008 when I first joined the forum as a normal fan, you'll even see my original posts gushing about Mayuyu (my original oshimen) with the admin banner. :D

He hasn't been removed on the off chance he ever comes back and does all the things he said he was planning to do. That won't affect the day to day operations of the forum in any way. I regret bringing up the money thing; I meant that as a joke saying that he's probably not coming back because he'd have to pay back the people he owe, but that doesn't have anything to do with the forum. He borrowed money from a few people on Twitter that thought he could be trusted (including me), not members of the forum.

Yellow is probably not readable, so I just went with orange. Also, all the moderators can also ban people, not just me. It's just that if the situation elevates enough that I have to be called in to settle it, people probably won't like it as it means the staff is really annoyed [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    but what's gonna be done about the snh section (and why has every mention of it been ignored)?

edit: tfw this post probably makes me look rude

• Like Like x 1
  9. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Ah, of course, I knew that. It just didn't occur to me when I typed my post lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    You used to be cool. You've changed, man.

Well, I'll still change my mod oshi to @joooooooooe with @Smilodon graduating. Cool to get an official note on the promotion, and congrats to the others, most of whom I'm sorry to say I don't know lol. I'll try to avoid causing problems for you all at any rate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Oh really? Try me.:cool:

We gonna have fun~

• Like Like x 2
  12. aezea

aezea Stage48 Designer

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    aezea48
    Congratulations to the new moderators! :banana:

Always willing. I am always here when you need me or if you want some help with the backend

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    So this has been a year in the making....

I was actually in discussion with the staff last Summer about becoming a mod. It started with HRP over a few beers in a Shizuoka bar, then a discussion with Waffle. Then...well you guys know what's been up over the last year. Anyway...

So yeah, now I am a mod. After reading some of the past commentary in the Suggestion thread that must mean there will be many banhammers and compulsory Wasamin listening time, right?

Actually I have spent the better part of the last 18 hours getting to know the tools and asking questions so I will be able to work efficiently. And boy, is there a lot of work to do! My first order of business will be moving the AKB members into their correct teams. Hopefully I should have that done by tomorrow. After that it is mainly a matter of keeping the forum tidy. Some of the things I plan to focus on are nice looking OPs, especially for release threads. I also want to pay attention to the AKB Discussion section, which tends to get messy with a lot of different (and in many cases unnecessary) threads. Beyond that I, like the other mods will be learning this as we go along. So far everyone looks like they are eager to get the work done, so that's cool.

So thank you everyone for the new staff welcome. We are all committed to having this forum live up to the hopes and expectations I know many of you have.

Cristafari

• Like Like x 2
  14. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

• Like Like x 1
  15. Willy Wijaya

Willy Wijaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Congratulations for all new staff! How about hire a staff for manage JKT48 sub forum? I hope there is someone from Indonesia to do it.
    So it will be up to date than before..

• Like Like x 1
  16. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

You forget that, unless things changed after the last time I red something about it, he owed copies of the single to members of the forum too... Even if it was only for the sake of respect he shouldn't be in the list of staff members. Besides, if he ever comes back willing to fix things, his account will still be there and you will be able to promote him again to admin if you want too...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Willy Wijaya

Willy Wijaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    To a team will be interesting... ahhahaa...

• Like Like x 1
  18. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    Congrats people!
    and thanks admin-sama for keeping going forward.

i often do the same xD
    let's watch ebisho together, okaasan! o/

No. i listen to Wasamin all the time.
    DON'T TOUCH ME .><

i'm not really into this HRP topic, but the guy clearly catapulted himself out of the foreign fandom. he can still manage to come back under a different name, though... X)

• Like Like x 1
  19. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Totally independent of persons involved, i wouldn't be so happy with an inactive admin account that grants full rights to stage48. inactive admin accounts are an invitation for evil guys. Just security reasons, but better safe than sorry. just my 0.02 though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. cennezu

cennezu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    qianbeiting
    Twitter:
    iamtaruchin
    Congrats to the new mods & admins!

My only concern are the JKT and SNH sections. The organization on both forums are sloppy as hell. For JKT, the Team T forum was created, but it's obviously blank and no threads have been moved from the JKT48 Kenkyuusei section (this includes galleries as well). Same with SNH and HII/X. (hell, someone even made new threads in the HII section and those need to be deleted ASAP). The forum in itself looks good with all the JPN48 stuff, but when it comes to overseas...yeah. It looks bad.

So, is there going to be anything done with those sections? It's a mess and it needs to be solved right away.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.