Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    your personal opinion is noted .... for the fourth time!
    and your 'Argumentum ad populum' I will just disregard unless you show me the data

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

So now I don't have the right to reply when I have something to say about what you say? I don't really appreciate the way you talk to me and this is not the first time. I can post for the 10th time, and what about it... I'm literally answering after other people have posted. and thanks I already know that some mods disregard what I say all the time which is why I ask for opinions from other mods. No wonder this forum becomes less and less active, sorry for trying to discuss which is what a forum is made for. Nevermind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Frankly, posting multiple posts that state roughly the same thing here won't help your case with other mods either.

If other people who have not posted here but agree with Mana, please also make your case along with your problem with the rule here. We are discussing about this, but no conclusion has been reached yet.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    I'm one of those who mainly read and rate, but I also post my translations in member threads. To be honest, I can see both sides to this and the question should be "what is common sense?" Many people will interpret that differently, and the 24 hour limit is just a way to eliminate doubt. But then, if subsequent posts aren't related, can it really be considered spamming if it's contributing to the overall discussion or knowledge base?

I have no issue with the current restrictions, but neither am I against what Mana is saying.

Those are my two cents worth.

5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's also not really true outside of the big threads (that is, in member threads). I find that the rule has discouraged me in the past from posting updates and thus contributed to being less active (as I usually move on to something else and forget that I never posted anything about it here by the time 24 hours has elapsed). So, I'm in favour of a relaxation of the rule, but don't really have any arguments to add beyond what's already been said and my own experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I don't see any reason to rewrite the rule. In almost every case where this rule has been enforced, the user posted in rapid succession, within minutes or an hour of the previous post. Moreover, most all of the examples that have been mentioned above are not real reasons to relax the rule. Aka made the point of a graduation announcement happening a couple hours after his previous post. But we have already stated that we would probably look the other way in the case of a MAJOR announcement. In every other example, there's no reason why you guys couldn't wait a few hours to post your new content. I do this all the time in Wasamin's thread. (at least I did before the pandemic) As I have stated before, we wrote the rules without a myriad of "exceptions" to avoid confusion. I see no reason to change that.

EDIT: And within an hour of this post someone double-posted within three minutes in a thread, and one of the posts was one-word, LOL

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

My honest opinion can be rough. So I'll give considerate one instead.

The easiest way to circumvent 24h rules is having minimum 2 ppl to tango. 1st person to post update that incite the talk. 2nd person to catch the bait and respond, not just rate like in GrabBike. Worthy of note is both person need to have similar interest on thread.

Why I said similar interest is simple. All us forum regular want and can do 1st. But to be 2nd poster within 24hrs of 1st post require more than just sourcelink.
    (That's why I have good time reading Nvmea, Sunny, or other response to @Aka post in Eito member thread to the point they are the last person I'll reprimand for spamming. Or why I don't reply to @Mana post on NMB 6-7th gen thread within 24hrs, despite my understanding and interest on their 1-5th gen.)

There was a time in 2018 when my Opera tabs were filled with all 6 48 groups matome site (and more) so I can reply as 2nd or 3rd poster quickly in hours toward, say, HKTfolks usual question on handshake sales in single release thread, Mario and his STU update, Zeroshiki whenever he create a new NMB subthread, Red whenever I got a time to help him less spammy, and especially some rare SKE update brought by sscrla or some other random user as token of "I read and I'm interested in your post".

Unfortunately, I'm not sure anyone followed suit when I'm away.

Tl;dr
    Rather than Rule relaxation, get a dance partner. If you are bound within 24hrs, tell your pal to post in your stead IF the news is truly Major. I have hesitation that loosening the 24hr will lead to more, "Sourcelink post" in a day. We already have tweetbot for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I can confirm it works, even if the "partner" isn't a setup. If you read the ITZY thread, you will see only two posters (in the main), @David61 and me. I don't have to tell him to post, and he doesn't tell me to post, we just have a common interest. When I have something new, but am the last poster, I have a choice: wait or edit. Sometimes, my "partner" posts so I don't have to wait. From one of my posts last week:
    "Thanks for posting so I didn't have to wait the full 24 hours! :)"

Edit: not waiting

The TWICE thread is similar, but there I am part of a trio with David61 and @Odd_Cinderella. As X said, " Worthy of note is both person need to have similar interest on thread."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    tbh @David61 seems to be willing to 'play along' in almost any thread

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Only in those threads where there's regular daily activity (such as Miichan's ;))

11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, Miichan's thread is only active because Miichan is so very active the last few months
    and that of course is one of the reasons why (at least) the AKB part of the forum is less active ... lot's of members have had almost no activity, ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but much for sure less jobs/activities, the last year, so there isn't all that much to talk about

(ok, Miichan also has 15 years of history, so there's also quite often something from the past that pops up)

but a shared interest is key, to be honest, I really like Shiichan, but not to the level I'll watch every one of her daily diet videos (mostly as well, because my grasp of Japanese is still really limited)
    I'm just not that interested in dieting, or in child raising ... I really like Mariko-sama, but I don't think I've watched any of her recent videos ... or Nyan-nyan's fashion blogs

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The profiles for Nishi Marina and Hirata Shiina, both from Team E, have now been removed from the SKE48 official website so could their threads please now be moved to the graduated board.

13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Just for all your information, the mods discussed the re-post time limit and we see no reason to change the 24 hour cool down.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Honda Sora is now officially graduated from AKB and her profile is gone from AKB's official page, please move her thread to the graduated section:

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/honda-sora-sorachan.21200/

Yokono Sumire's thread was moved to the graduation section of NMB, but her title wasn't changed, please change the title to add "Graduated NMB48":

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/yokono-sumire-suuchan.22310/

Yamamoto Ayaka's thread in the graduated NMB section is also missing something in the title, it doesn't say "NMB48" after "Graduated", please add it:

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/graduated-yamamoto-ayaka-aayan.15594/

If we take STU as example, for a group that doesn't have teams, the titles for graduates are "Graduated *Group* - Name (Nickname)" in this format.

That's all, thanks!

15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "Honda Sora is now officially graduated from AKB and her profile is gone from AKB's official page,"

It wasn't 12 hours ago when I last looked. :)

As for the others, it is a judgement call. Mirurun was in Team M for seven years. My inclination is to use Graduated Team M when her time comes, even if Team M won't exist on the date of her graduation.

On the other hand, Suuchan was in Team BII for only a year, so I have no problem not including her team. She is not the only "teamless" member in the Graduated section. Also, if she is in NMB Graduated Members, having Graduated NMB in her title is redundant.

Note that if we were to be totally consistent, we would have to add Graduated to every graduated 46 member. Let me just say, that's not going to happen. The other is to remove graduated from every graduated 48 member. That also isn't going to happen.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't think this is right... This is the same as saying that because a member in AKB was in another team longer, then you'll use the past team in the title. if we do this, then there is no clear format/rule about the titles and it's not organized. I think this was discussed here some pages ago, but what is used in the title is where the member was at the time of graduation. About Mirurun's case she will be a NMB member at graduation, not Team M because it doesn't exist anymore... it's better to keep the same format for every member and group.

Since the rest of my post was ignored, sorry for repeating myself :) but if any moderator reads this, please edit Aayan and Suuchan's titles, thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You posted while I was editing.

"Note that if we were to be totally consistent, we would have to add Graduated to every graduated 46 member. Let me just say, that's not going to happen. The other is to remove graduated from every graduated 48 member. That also isn't going to happen."

P.S. I considered your post, I did not ignore it.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

(I didn't see before that you edited your post.)

48 and 46 have different formats so it doesn't matter how 46 section is. For the 48 sections, it would be good to keep the same format as every other thread, so if the STU section says "Graduated STU48" then the same should be done for NMB who doesn't have teams anymore. About being redundant, well honestly in this case there is no point to write teams either, or groups, or even "Graduated" since the sections already say "Graduated". But as you said, you won't go back to edit all past threads, so let's keep this format then and write "Graduated (team/group) - Name (Nickname)". it's just weird to suddenly stop this format, it doesn't look organized at all. I think all of this was already discussed here a while ago...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    Mana for mod

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't think this is a good idea. Team M (and N and BII) disbanded months ago now. NGT48 Kato Minami is listed as "NGT48 1st Generation" even though she was listed as "1st Generation" for 2 months (1 month before demotion, 1 month after promotion) and as "Kenkyuusei" for a year and a half. She should still be listed as "NGT48 1st Generation" because that's what she was when she graduated.

Miru is a member of "NMB48", just that. Every NMB48 member that has graduated after January 23rd, 2021, should no longer be listed by their team. If you want to go by the official website for everything, you should include it in this case. It may seem redundant to use "Graduated NMB48 Member" since it's the "Graduated NMB48 Members section," but it would be plain out wrong to class her as "Graduated Team M." I don't think anyone would really care about that redundancy if it's in favour of accuracy.

• Agree Agree x 2