1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I don't know. Brings me little comfort knowing. I've been in Reddit in the last couple of years and seen it all too well how it's so easy for some to get sensitive about karma and trigger a flamewar, and there will be always forum drama everywhere. Did I also mention Facebook? Some people bring their Facebook habits here, including toxic behavior, and nowhere else than in my country where Facebook has been weaponized and also a battleground. And I thought we were doing fine without karma, and if I dont like someone I put that one on Ignore.

One "thumbs up" button is enough. I don't want Internet points.

Now I have to grapple with a miniature civil war involving karma (see the MNL48 thread).

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

idk why there are any buttons besides like, dislike, agree, disagree, and funny.
    the rest are completely pointless

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

You mean we don't need a gold star award, Colonel Mustard in the billiards room with a wrench, a gay button, a calligraphy brush, a button to spam on necrobumped threads therefore further necrobumping them, and a spelling button to tell the guy using the calligraphy brush that he f'd it up? :lol:

But seriously I like the informative button, I've been using it a lot as thanks for people who stalk idols' schedules post useful info :fear:

• Like Like x 1
  4. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Regardless, suddenly introducing the rating/reputation/karma system bothered me. I rather have that if only to buy or sell things. I dont like using those buttons, I prefer to state my agreements/disagreements openly.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    But if you want to agree, "I agree" alone would be a pointless post. Or worse, "^ this."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Don't want to use it? Then don't.

Do this instead.

The rating system is not mandatory for you or anyone else to use. Ignore it if you are so bothered by it. ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Sorry, the rating system kind of killed my appetite for further participation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

is that why facebook dont have the "dislike" button ....

9. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

10. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    We can track dislikes to weed out trolls faster ;)

11. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

But what if it's not a troll? The whole system makes it so easy to reward or punish, I wonder how people outside of this forum would perceive this place after implementing it? It would be better to just report trolling behavior. Or assign a few more moderators.

I've been in another fan forum and they run a tighter ship over there for years without having to use a rating system; on the other hand there's a game mod forum where it's not uncommon to see a lot more trolls if only because some are people with worse personal behavior, but they can be easily ignored.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I am listening to and noting the feedback you guys are giving regarding the new rating system. It's still new, and perhaps there are some who might be acting a bit over-zealous with it, but I think that will all eventually settle down. In fact, I think it has already started to calm down.

@soul.assassin I understand your sentiment, and as you may have noticed on my past posts, in a way I do concur. However, this is something a lot of users have been clamoring for for a long time, so I think we owe it to them to give it a chance.

I was surprised that we were activating some of the negative ratings in addition to the like system. It's a double-edged sword though. As someone pointed out in a previous post, it may encourage people to think before they post. Then again....maybe not. We'll see.

There is a bit of redundancy with the Like/Agree and Dislike/Disagree buttons, but whatever. I'm pretty sure you can only rate a post once, so ultimately it doesn't matter. I personally like the "useful" and "informative" buttons the best, as my personal belief is that this is what the "Like" button should be about anyway.

We aren't going to address individual complaints about ratings received. We have no interest in reviewing every single individual rating. As someone else suggested on a previous post, if you don't like a rating, just suck it up. On the other hand...

As always you are free to report anyone you feel is abusing the rating system, or using it to bully people. We will take a look, and if we detect ill-use of the system, we will deal with it accordingly. That said...

There is no rule regarding how often one can use the ratings system. Moreover, there is no rule regarding ratings in relation to post frequency either. Just because someone is using the buttons a lot, does not mean they are abusing it, even if they are giving a lot of dislikes. I can tell you in one particular case a person has indeed used a lot of Dislikes, but they have also given a lot of Like ratings as well.

So there's that.

As far as the issue of previously banned users returning to the forum under a different ID, let me state a couple of things...

1) There have been multiple occasions of people accusing users of being the new ID of a previously banned user, and it wasn't true. So be careful about that accusation.

2) Some of you are under the misunderstanding that certain users were previously permabanned from this forum, when in fact that isn't the case.

3) You also need to understand that suspecting someone has assumed a new identity is different from proving it. Sure, sometimes I can be "almost positive" someone is using a duplicate account, but that shred of doubt keeps me from re-banning them just in case I am wrong about it. However, you can be sure we watch that user with a keen eye.

Ultimately, it is quite easy for someone to just sign back up with a new account, and it's not like we are combing through the new user logs every day checking for it. The way I see it, if a problem user returns, eventually their true personality will re-surface, and we will have the same result. They'll get banned all over again. On the other hand, if they come back and have adjusted their attitude so that they are hard to detect. Well, I guess that means they got the point when they were banned in the first place. At the end of the day, I don't really worry about it.

But I will repeat. Feel free to report anything you feel the moderators should take a look at. This isn't a promise that we are going to remedy it to your personal satisfaction, but we will indeed check it out.

Anyway, feel free to continue to discuss the ratings system if you like. This wasn't meant to be a "discussion-ender," I just wanted to check in.

• Like Like x 3
  13. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

So if you can activate some stuff instead of everything, is there a reason why there are so many? Even if it was just like/dislike/funny/informative it would be more "clean" than 12 different ones. Like you said, like/dislike and agree/disagree are basically the same things anyway.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Not really - you might like a post for how it is written, but strongly disagree with the opinion in it, for example. There is no correlation between pairs. If anything, I need a "sad" rating to complement "funny". Nobody has mentioned the "old" - apart from "optimistic" it's the most confusing rating, I have no idea how to consistently interpret it myself...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I was thinking that we can implement a certain number of posts or likes before we can give out ratings. I’m seeing way too much accounts that haven’t been active in years or has nothing on it giving ratings. Someone could simply create an account, give their rating, and leave the account forever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yes set like daily limit or reach certain post count so it's more meaningful

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Ditto, I've had dislikes from accounts that haven't posted in 2 or 3 years. Someone with no opinion disliking a post just because someone gave an opinion....right

18. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

When you give a kid a “new toy” for christmas... the odds they do not break it before the New Year is very low. :lol:

19. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Likes/dislikes are not the same as agree/disagree.
    One big difference is that disagree is a neutral rating while dislike is a negative rating. If anything was to become of positive/negative rating counts, disagrees wouldn't count against users. Which I think is good because I wouldn't want to be punished for an unpopular opinion.

I think part of the problem would be solved if members knew it wasn't anonymous. Once that becomes known I imagine a few dislikers will become more conservative.

20. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

There's going to be someone who will disagree. Some people think I'm the establishment so I get marked even though I'm frank in saying what goes on with the entertainment industry in my country, which is not full of rainbows and unicorns but a warzone.

The rating system... IDK, it just makes me feel like punching someone.

If that's what they're wanting, then... Not all people can easily shrug it off as if it's some game. Some people take their ratings and reputations seriously, even online. There is, I believe, a correlation between that and end-user emotional responses.

Gonna lurk from now on. My opinions are useless to an angry rabble.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018