1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 - Singapore

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by Melos125, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

Well it seems that the French and the Filipinos are doing it so I thought it's time for the Singaporeans to do it too. I've noticed quite a number of Singaporeans here already. So for the first meetup, I still haven't decided if it will happen or not lol. I'll see if there is any interest before making it official. I've asked 4 people, 2 said yes and 2 said no.

The plan is:
    1) Karaoke. I've read in forums and blogs that there are Karaoke places in Singapore with Japanese music. Called Cash Studio (because its expensive). There are 4 outlets, Cuppage Plaza (newest), Ming Arcade, Bedok Central, Simpang Bedok. But most probably we will be going to the one at Cuppage. They require you to book in advance which is why I decided to see if there are any interest. The websites I checked is a little old but I don't think there are any major changes. I haven't called them to check and will if there is interest. NOTE: Karaoke is not limited to AKB. You can sing H!P, Perfume, Gackt, Johnnys, whatever other artists they have there if you want to.

http://yongetsu.wordpress.com/2009/08/3 ... singapore/
    http://moetotsugeki.wordpress.com/2008/ ... e-karaoke/
    http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/any_ ... 15989.html

Price (includes first drink per pax):
    Charges Mon-Thurs Fri and Sat Sunday
    1pm – 6 pm Happy Hour (3 or less pax, any 3 hrs) $30+ $38+ $38+
    Additional person each $5+ $7+ $7+
    6 pm to close (3 or less pax, any 3 hrs) $38+ $58+ $38+
    Additional person each $10+ $12+ $10+

Business Hours
    Sun – Thu: 1pm – 3am
    Fri & Sat: 1 pm – 4 am

Their songlist (depends on when it was updated):
    Aitakatta
    Ai no Moufu
    Aozora no Soba ni ite
    Anata to Christmas Eve
    Iiwake Maybe
    AKB48
    Oogoe Diamond
    Only Today
    Glass no I LOVE YOU
    Ki ni Naru Tenkousei
    Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara
    Kinjirareta Futari
    Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou
    Koike
    Korogaru Ishi ni Nare
    Saigo no Seifuku
    Sakurairo no Sora no Shita de
    Sakura no Shiori
    Sakura no Hanabiratachi
    Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008

2) Swag sharing/selling/bragging
    Got swag to show off? Bring em and make others jealous. Want to sell some swag so you have enough money to buy that ultra expensive AKB item? Got some extras? Bring em too! Some of us here don't have any way to get stuff from Japan.

3) Getting to know each other and so on

Also people please state what days and time you are free.

2. richardthebrave

richardthebrave Kenkyuusei

Re: SGP48 - Singapore AKB fans Karaoke meetup.

kudos for initiating this.. hopefully other cities in the east and west hemisphere start having karaoke meetups.

meeting fellow fans gives everyone to bond with each other and share stuff. also a very good way of consolidating the local fan base and plan world domination from there. [cool]

nice melos. we wish you well on this event. [party]

3. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

I can't sing T_T...Couple years back would sometimes join some friends for Karaoke...I would mostly sing Southern All Stars and Dreams Come True haha but my Kanji is awful so it's so hard especially since many Japanese systems do not show Hiragana for all but the most difficult Kanji words...

4. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

Well I can't sing that well either but well its fun so I'll still sing. Doesn't matter if you can sing or if your singing sucks just sing and have fun ^_^. Nobody will make fun of your singing. If ya still don't wanna sing then can't help it but you can still come and watch other people sing and there's still the swags.

And for the Kanji lyrics thing I've already thought of that and I'll print the romaji lyrics for the song.

5. mamboberg

mamboberg Kenkyuusei

i cant sing in kanji so maybe go there see see look look [rofl]

this ktv is indeed quite expensive.

6. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

Like I said I will print out the romaji lyrics from studio48. If not then I also cannot sing lol. And yes it is expensive but if more people go and split the cost evenly then less expensive.

7. richardthebrave

richardthebrave Kenkyuusei

have fun! don't worry about singing off-key, everyone will sing with everybody else anyway so don't fret about sounding weird. youko printed out romaji lyrics for us here since we are kanji impaired. [party]

and yeah it won't be expensive if it's shared by everyone else [cool]

please post pics if this ever pushes through :)

8. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

Well of course.

9. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

How's the rest of the response so far?

10. yuji82

yuji82 Kenkyuusei

oh.....I can't believe there are fellow AKB48 Singaporean fans here~ I thought Singapore "WOTA" had extincted together with HP years ago...haha. It always good to know someone who share the same interests.

Anyway I can't sing Japanese so won't be joining you all. The thing about DAM system in Cash Studio that turned me off is that most of the songs don't have vocal. For pple who have trouble reading kanji and katagana, singing with vocal turned on can somehow help. But I guessed if you printed the romaji beforehand, it should be ok.

Another thing about the DAM system is that most likely you won't be able to see the original PV for the song due to some image rights issue. I hope this is ok for you guys. Do make advance booking as the room is occupied most of the time. Hope you guys will have plenty of fun and remember to blog the event if it goes through. :)

11. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

Well I have spoken to some others. We currently have 3 that can go (Melos, mamboberg, xyish)(if Alaksandus can make it then it's 4). I have 2 that can not / don't want to go (plus yuji is 3), and at least 3 whom I can't contact or have not replied my PM. May have to scrap this.

^ Oh and welcome yuji82. Do you have msn? PM it to me. It helps to have a contact with other Singaporeans when organising things like this.

12. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Sorry to dig up a semi-old thread, I'd like to know what happened to this gathering?

And it seems Cash Studios is the place of choice for gatherings like this. I attended Singapore Perfume fans gatherings, and they were also karaoke sessions at Cash Studios [rofl]

13. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

Well its cancelled. Reason is because of lack of response and do not want to sing. I notice that although there are a number of Singaporeans in STAGE48, some of them do not check the forum much, and there are some who haven't accessed here for ages.

polyrhythm you could try organising one but other than Karaoke I don't know what else in Singapore that has AKB. BTW is the Perfume fanbase in Singapore large?

14. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Haha I think karaoke is the best choice, but a lot of people just don't want to sing.

Not large, tiny in fact. Estimate there's about 12 i know, and for the gatherings usually only 6 of us are game enough to go. But it's good enough for a karaoke session and dinner.

15. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

Hi. Sorry I wasn't in Singapore for a while. So haven't been keeping up.

I'm a perfume fan too! Been following them ever since Chocolate Disco.

16. reika_cho

reika_cho Kenkyuusei

(raises hand) I'm er from singapore too! newly registered down here, hopefully that helps to boost the numbers a bit more?

If polyrhythm's keen to organise this again, anytime between july-september, I should be able to go.

17. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

Thread revive! We are going to have a karaoke (and concert training) meetup. AKB wotagei bootcamp. The mixes and so on. Don't want a silent concert.

Date is 28 August (saturday). Time is not confirmed yet. I created this form here. Fill it up and check the times that you are free
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGxpdnN2aktrN1diYk9fU01PNFFLSXc6MQ#gid=0

Venue is Cash Studio @ Cuppage Plaza (Somerset)
    Rate is $12 for 3 hours.
    You can bring in your own food and drinks.

18. wind

wind Kenkyuusei

That day I'm working night shift. Actually thought of just joining u guys for dinner/lunch if possible. That will have to depend what time u guys are having your meal.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey im new to this forum. i don't mind going but i have japanese lessons till 7.45 on saturdays!
    really love to meet the akb fans in singapore!
    i'll go if the attendance are confirmed!
    cheerios!

20. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

Heya! lexify. Welcome to STAGE48.
    We have an IRC channel. Do come and join us sometime.
    irc://irc.irchighway.net/SGP48

web version tutorial (via mibbit)
    http://chat.mibbit.com/
    1) select IRCHighWay from the IRC: dropdown list
    2) type in your nickname
    3) in Channel: type #SGP48
    4) press Go

OK at this point of time there is, exculding you lexi, 18 people attending. 11 people confirmed, the remaining 7 is still unconfirmed but most probably attending. There are still around 3 or 4 people who haven't filled up the form because they don't know their schedule for that date.