1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Spring 2018 Shuffle - Staffing/Forum Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, May 3, 2018.

?

Should I allow likes/dliskes in the rating system?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Congrats to the mods as always. Xenforo 2.0 is one of the things I've been waiting for. Hopefully Waffle will be able to respond.

2. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Welcome to the new moderators. ;)

3. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Tnx for your hardwork:v:

4. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Thanks to the current, new, and outgoing mods.

5. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    But why were the "funny" and "optimistic" rating buttons removed?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I have also suggested a “thanks” rating, I think it's another thing that would contribute to reduce noise.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Congrats.. S48 rules.. :banana::1st:

• Like Like x 1
  8. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Thanks for all the hard work, and I look forward to being cooperative with the new mods in S48. Sad to hear about the problems with the two who can deal with the forum backend though. :(

9. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Congrats to the new mod! Still in love with Stage48 after all this years:blush:
    The Like/dislike button is nice but could be used to "bash" on some members(?):confused:

10. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    Welcome back dislike button!

Dislike rating from @Rist incoming :awesome:

• Like Like x 4
  11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Congrats to the mods!

I have a question though, what is the ranking based on (as in, when are you promoted from KKS)? I've seen people with a smaller amount of positive ratings than me already being "Rank 81-100" while I'm still KKS. I'm not looking to argue or question the system lol but I'd like to know how it works. And if it's tied in with trophy points, where can we find our trophy points? :confused:

Or maybe they're tied in with the number of posts? I know I've only got about over a thousand posts, which isn't a lot in comparison but I'm wondering... Wouldn't it make more sense to base rankings on quality (good posts = positive ratings) rather than quantity (amount of posts)?

12. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    Click your name/ avatar in your post. Your profile will pop up and you can see your point there.

• Useful Useful x 2
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thank you, but I meant how I'm able to see what I already got points for. A while ago I received some trophy points and I found the URL in my browser history now. You have to add /trophies to the end of the url on your profile, but I didn't see a link or anything to access it without manually changing the URL and that's kinda what I was hoping for

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?members/[MEMBER ID]/trophies

Still, thank you nevertheless ^^

14. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    You can click on the number...

• Useful Useful x 2
  15. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Thanks everyone for all the hard work!
    The trophies and stuff look so fun and creative! Now I feel like an actual kenkyuusei [hehe]
    Also glad to see the like button back

16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thank you!

17. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Now that I understand how the rating system goes, I can see why the funny button is out of the picture. Since the funny rating can be both positive and negative, as a neutral it won't help us users advance from Kenkyuusei. We've been using the funny rating so much around here but it's hard to distinguish if it's for a constructive joke or just sarcasim. Which is why we can now just use the like/dislike ratings for that instead.

I'm still a bit bummed about the optimistic button though.

18. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

congrats for the new moderators, new era in Stage48
    about the rating system and button.. to avoid people like @Rist being douche again why not make a requirement, like minimum 100 post to using that

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Well....I'll be honest.

This comment is MORE for the "Posters" of Stage48 and Not so much the Mods - but, I want to Mods to know where I'm coming from - just making a all purpose statement.
    I'd like Stage48 to be shall we say "MORE ASIAN" centered in it's exchange of ideas- As in "NO SJW Western Backwards thinking" - There shouldn't any "oppression Olympics" for whose 'feelings' got ruffled over Oshi X. Seriously- China, Korea (both N &S) & Japan don't care about "political correctness" and TOO Often Western thinkers try to implement 'Justice' against other members because they think in the Western (Right vs Left - Misogynist vs Empowerment?) mindset. You can't have an Opinion on Stage48 anymore unless it's "The Right Kind of Opinion"...and the Crybabies who can't accept 1 mans opinion go into overdrive to Silence others. Agree to Disagree.

The problems w/ Stage48 go deeper than a simple "Like" or "Dislike" button. I'd rather people be honest & passionate about their Oshi's or Opinions WITHOUT 'Fear' of having a moderator in their pocket or 'Choosing Sides'.

Someone a month ago blasted me w/ '10' Dislikes in 1 day - I DM'ed them & Laughed & said I have like 200 other posts if youre bored- lol. (Cause who has time right?) THEN I got DM from a Moderator saying I "Potentially?" Harassed the person who threw me '10?' Dislikes by Joking w/ them in a DM. So clearly there are "Favorites" on Stage?? How do I know "Poster X" gave me so many "Dislikes" cause I got like "10 Alerts" saying so...what am I think??

For the record- I Voted for "Likes/Dislikes" - because who cares. I post to share my "POV" not to be 'Liked' or disliked - this isn't High School & the Cool Kids table was shutdown by me in 2013 when I invaded the "We Hate Paruru Thread" and made it suddenly 'Not fun' to hate another person's OSHI. True Story- want the Links?

• Dislike x 7
    • Disagree x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Old x 1
  20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    You said it was for users so I'm commenting as a user, not a mod. I'm too new to consider myself authoritative on this and it's just not from that perspective, just my own feelings on discussions and being "PC".

I was considering focusing my reply on "I don't think that culture really exists here" because I genuinely don't, or on how Japanese people (I can't speak for other Asian countries) absolutely do avoid topics or say things in roundabout ways to avoid controversy.
    But I think the real issue is that people often forget they're speaking to real people when talking on a mostly-anonymous online forum. I think if you were speaking to someone in real life you'd take their preferences and their feelings into consideration. You might still diss their oshi, for example, but the way you would do it varies on the person, how well you know them, and how you anticipate they would take it. And this is a large forum with really people who have different feelings and different ways of taking things.
    Being considerate of people's feelings shouldn't be seen as something preventing genuine discussion but rather an essential part of communicating with people, online as in real life.

At least, that's how I try to comment.

• Agree Agree x 12