1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 - United Kingdom

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by xxdelta, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Rayman21

Rayman21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    As a guy from Northern Ireland, the DUP are not what you can call reliable. They can barely control the government here never mind going to Westminster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    They absolutely did win. Corbyn has been scrutinized since he took over from Ed Milliband. The media has been favoring the Conservative party and making Corbyn look a fool. His own party went against him with a no confidence debate. The people put him into power despite that, with an overwhelming majority.
    Every newspaper said the tories would win with a majority, and that labour had no chance. They said the younger voters wouldn't turn up to vote. They were proven wrong today.

Corbyn knew the labour party had no chance in gaining over 80 seats to beat the tories. But his canpaigning enabled the labour party to increase their own seats by 30, and with the help of the lib dems, stopped the tories from getting an overall majority which is exactly what May wanted. The younger generation came through with a 70% turn out. His own party had to put their hands up and say "we were wrong about you".

Labour may not have won the most seats or the most votes, but they regained their dignity and a lot of their seats. The people calling for Corbyn to resign are now talking about how well the party could have done if the media was not so against him.

Tories may have won the most seats and the most votes, but they failed to achieve a majority and lost their seats (even ones like canterbury). The people screaming STRONG AND STABLE are now questioning whether May should continue to run the country.

Corbyn and his supporters have every right to have a smile on their faces.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Still at the end of the day, they didn't actually win the election though right? Smile on the face and dignity still does not equate to an election win unfortunately.

4. Rayman21

Rayman21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Ah well, lets just sit back, relax, and laugh at the fact an Independent from Northern Ireland has more seats than UKIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Obviously not, but that doesn't mean they're not allowed to be happy with what they have achieved, right? Conservatives won the most seats but I don't know anyone who voted conservative that is happy with the outcome we got.

Most definitely. In terms of Brexit, it doesn't matter who won, the EU (and most specifically France and Germany lmao) are going to give the UK a hard time negotiating. This election was very much about Theresa May trying to get a majority for herself, and it backfired.

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Many political commentators this morning are saying that there are only losers in this election, no winners apart from maybe the DUP and Ruth Davidson of the Scottish Conservatives (although goodness knows how she feels about the party aligning itself with one with anti-LGBT views). I think the outcome will be bad for the country in general and who knows what will happen now in the Brexit talks.

I have to admit feeling just a little sorry for Theresa May as she's been a good local MP and indeed that might be why she actually won an increased number of votes in Maidenhead over the 2015 result (although she lost mine!). I live at the far west end of the constituency where she also has her home and before she became PM she was often seen locally shopping or at church fetes happily chatting with local people, indeed I once had a brief chat with her about 10 years ago one morning when she was at my local railway station. (and yes I can truthfully say I've met both May and Mayu...)

EDIT: I'm not allowed to double-post here so on a completely different topic here's a link on iPlayer to last night's BBC4 documentary'Tokyo Girls' which included some footage of last year's AKB48 SSK as well as part of a concert performance of 'Seijun Philosophy':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08w9lvb/storyville-tokyo-girls

The link should work until July 27th.

SECOND EDIT: Two girls with 48G connections, Hosoda Miyuu (ex-SDN48) and Kasuya Satoko (ex-DiVA backdancer), will be performing at HyperJapan on Nov 24/25 as a duo called BOO:

https://hyperjapan.co.uk/latest-news/christmas/boo-hjc17/

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  7. The Pum

The Pum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Hey guys, we're doing a meetup pretty soon if anyone is interested? Date is 17th Feb.

8. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I was going through the TV Listings before and saw a program called Japandemonium on at 6:30 on ITV.

From the description it looks like a program that shows "wacky stuff" from Japanese gameshows.

What initially drew my attention to it however was the big AKBingo screenshot at the centre.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/gqsmr5/japandemonium--series-1-episode-1/

edit: Finished watching, a lot of stereotypical Crazy Japan stuff by the unfunny voice over these programs seem to have. The clips they showed were pretty good though. Of AKB they showed the AKB Bingo where they drop the pan and have to catch it before it hits there head, the part where they attached pegs to Minegishi's nose and ears and hit it with a golf ball, and an episode I can't remember where Kitahara Rie was painted black then ran into a wall. They also showed the clip of Sashii where she gets knocked into the water by a massive ball.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Thanks for this! Definitely interesting and unprecedented to see AKB on British television. I feel like there were more clips from AKBingo than from any other show, but that's probably because I was cleaning while watching and my attention kept wavering a little when there was no AKB :p The presenter didn't really seem into it at all. He kept telling us stuff was funny but sounding pretty unamused.

I don't think I've ever seen the Sashii clip outside of gifs. What a fantastic 'why would you do this to me' face [hehe]

It said at the end to visit www.japandemonium.co.uk to see full episodes of the clips featured (which could be pretty good for introducing people to AKB), but the site seems to just have a title page at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I watched the show with my family and it was quite fun to get to share AKB stuff with them in a way they could easily follow. Will definitely be watching it again. My brother almost died from laughter at the Sasshi clip.
    I do agree that the narrator is pretty annoying. I've never liked that thing where narrators on british TV always seem to sound really disinterested or dismissive of what's going on. Like, dude, I'm watching this show because I'm invested in what's going on, why do you keep roasting me for it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I caught up with the show at home a few days ago on ITV Hub (thanks to @OshimaYuko for posting about it) and it would have been interesting for me to have seen the reactions of family and friends if I'd have been with them while it was being broadcast. Hopefully I can watch future editions of the show with people I know, I see that the second one is scheduled for next Saturday at 6.30 pm and the Radio Times website again has a scene from AKBingo as the main picture. I've got access at work to UK TV viewing figures, the first edition of Japandemonium got 2.227 million viewers and an audience share of 15.1%. By comparison, BBC1 at the same time (showing Winbledon coverage) had 2.793 million viewers with an audience share of 23.9%.

Incidentally 3 weeks ago there was a BBC2 documentary called "Japan's Secret Shame" about a woman struggling to get a well-known journalist brought to justice for a sexual assault allegation. It's still currently available here on BBC iPlayer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b8cfcj

I'd recommend watching it as it clearly demonstrates one particular side of how different social attitudes are in Japan compared to western countries, however just to also mention that at around 25 minutes into it there's a shot of the entrance to a police station with a view of a poster with Yuihan's face on it, it's part of a promotion earlier this year for the 110 emergency number with which she was involved.

• Like Like x 1
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The episode of AKBINGO featured towards the end of tonight's edition of Japandemonium (with the fat suits) appears to be this one:

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  15. The Pum

The Pum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    A few of us 48g fandom met up today in London for food and general chat on idols, Japan and irl.

We're planning to meet again in May, I thought I would post here to see if anyone else would be interested. Date TBC but it would be in London again.

Feel free to reply here or DM or my twitter is @jankenpum

Even if you're not entirely into 48g lately, or you're into iz*one or anything else you'd be welcome.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3