1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

I was thinking about the Hiragana concerts as well. I think separating them from Kanji Keyaki concerts is a good idea, but I would keep it on the main Keyaki page underneath or next to the original concert chart? Just because it may be overlooked otherwise.
    Was also thinking about whether those concerts should be on the Hinatazaka page as well? Like under the main concert heading, you could put "===Concerts as Hiragana Keyakizaka46===" and paste the chart there too. Or you could put a link to the chart you made, your call!

Also @Mana sorry I missed your question about how to edit the charts :^^;: This thread is getting super active so I must have missed it haha. But yeah, as mentioned the templates are located on the "Template:" pages. If you hit the edit page button on a page with the chart on it and scroll the way down, it lists the templates used on that page so you can find them like that as well.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    @heatsignature, That's a great idea to put both charts on the same page! On the Keyakizaka page I'll add the Hiragana concerts under the Kanji concerts. On the Hinatazaka page I'll add the Hiragana concerts above the Hinatazaka concerts. Or maybe next to... I'll play around with the format. But this way all of their activities will be more visible :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
  4. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Haha I didn't put them in the sidebar since it would make the page a bit bulky, but I made it a collapsible section within Trivia so it wouldn't be too intrusive. Let me know if you need any other fixes to her page :)

5. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Thank you very much!:worthy:

6. natsu-kun

natsu-kun Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Admin

Oshimen:
    48 x 404
    Twitter:
    48nefi
    Since the registration process is a little bit tricky nowadays, we have a workaround for it and the opening post is outdated, I would rephrase it as:

"To create a account, send a PM to @natsu-kun containing your e-mail address and username you would like to use on wiki48. 2021/10/23 UPDATE: please use @outlook.com address for registration, at least @gmail.com addresses seem not to work anymore. If you are active enough, you will receive an email in the account you registered to the forum with to complete the process. After doing this, you can begin to edit the wiki."

Suggestion for better phrasing are also welcome(d) ;) (thanks to me not being native English speaker)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    phrasing looks fine to me
    (I might add that other email accounts might work (my provider email works just fine) but we do know gmail addresses won't work and outlook addresses will (for now) )

would you like me to edit the first post for you?
    btw, I think you're the only one left with the power to assign wiki-accounts right, so maybe remove the other admins mentioned in the first post?

edit: I went ahead and added the outlook.com requirement

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  8. natsu-kun

Oshimen:
    48 x 404
    Twitter:
    48nefi
    Opening post of this thread isn't mine so I can't edit it ;)

And yes, it's been years we have last heard from @brunoiaz and @kk127 - both have last posted on the forum back in 2017 so I think they will not be active again anytime soon.. and according to log last time Mr Waffle has created user account(s) has been in 2014 and since he's been long gone anyway.. I see profile posts from newcomer accounts asking for accounts from brunoiaz, kk127 and Mr Waffle every now and then though.

9. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I know .... and although I can't do much .... that I can ;)

I wonder if you would be able to designate another person to be a wiki admin? ... because just one person seem a bit understaffed

10. natsu-kun

Oshimen:
    48 x 404
    Twitter:
    48nefi
    Nah, I don't have to get involved in most of the things happening on wiki as people are civilized enough to voice their concerns, suggestions etc. on this thread and the discussion keeps flowing even without my presence. Most of those things people complain about are literally out of my hands, by this I mean broken image upload function and people not getting their registration confirmation e-mails.

11. keradion

keradion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsui Rena
    Hello! I've been able to receive a Wiki48 account too.
    To not cause anything chaotic so soon, I'm going to change the capitalization of "Overall" and "Major Single" of AKB's first few singles so they match later singles.

I'm also gonna be removing periods in their Trivia so they're consistent, and rephrase them if needed. For example:
    "Aitakatta is AKB48's 1st Major Single, 3rd Overall and the 1st released under DefSTAR. Aitakatta is commonly known as AKB48's Signature Song and it's also one of the those songs that was sung by all the AKB, SKE, and Kenkyuusei (of both groups) members at least once."
    I think the second sentence can be removed because it feels obsolete now:
    1. AKB now has other signature songs like KoiChun and HebiRote (and some might argue adding Flying Get, Iiwake Maybe, and Oogoe Diamond, depending on who and where you ask) so it would be complicated which singles would get this line.
    2. AKB, SKE, and Kenkyuusei have performed many of each other's songs by now.

I hope these kind of changes are okay to make?

Thank you!

Edit: Cancelling 'removing periods from trivias'. I'm actually thinking of adding periods to those that don't have them instead :^^;: (lmao it's such a small thing but the inconsistencies live in my head rent-free)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. moomookan

Oshimen:
    @keradion Welcome to the wiki! And yes, those changes are totally fine to make! You don’t need to ask permission; many older pages have awkward phrasing or outdated “facts” written on them. Please feel free to edit whenever something looks off.

As for trivia, again please do what you feel is best! It seems our standard approach is no periods, so I no longer use them, but I admit I like seeing periods when the trivia fact is a complete sentence... Realistically I think as long as all the trivia points on a member’s page are consistent (as in, “all periods” or “all no periods”) it’s fine. Hope you enjoy editing! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    As a British English speaker, it took me a while to understand what types of periods you guys were talking about! lol

But I'm fine either way, as long as there's a consistency. Whether we have full stops at the end of sentences or not doesn't matter to me much either way, but I agree that it would be better if it was one way or the other for all pages.

• Like Like x 1
  14. keradion

keradion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsui Rena
    I have noticed the "typically no periods" Trivia and followed it in my suggestions as well. Then I realized how weird it is that 2-sentence (or more) trivias have periods at the end of all sentences except the last one :^^;: For all the Trivia sections I have yet to edit, I think it would make more sense to put periods, at least for the singles Trivia sections.

I'm also moving selected bits from Trivia to General Information. Gotta use that section for something after all :lol:
    I put the more 'official' stuff into GI such as info about the CDs/DVDs, shows they're used as theme songs for, stages that the songs are also included in, CM narrators, and single mottos. (This would actually leave Boku no Taiyou trivialess but I think it's okay. I feel like Trivia should be more for 'fun facts' type of stuff than more 'official' info.)

Btw, you guys updated Yokoyama Yui's page so quickly when she announced graduation. I was shookt, you guys move quickly! :XD:

• Like Like x 1
  15. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Hey, I noticed that some members don't have a "Name" section between their profile picture and "Birth Info" section, but instead have it written above the picture. Would you consider changing this to the established standart?
    AKB48 Gens + Drafts + Otona + Transferred (Total of 71 if no double post) I'll post Team 8 as well if you want.
    Links:

16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Sentences end with periods. Do clauses?

She was the first member to set foot on the moon.

First member on the moon

17. moomookan

Oshimen:
    @FlowingColors, this is because those member pages use our old “Member Info Box” template rather than the new one. The old one has the information arranged differently, and no kana writing of their name. We can mark this as a long term project to work on— it takes quite a while to update infoboxes, but it’s always nice to be consistent.

@sscrla, yes, this is where we are all at. From a grammatical standpoint, clauses should not have periods, while complete sentences should. But what happens on a trivia page when there is a mixture of clauses and periods? For example:
    * First member on the moon
    * Her father is Steven Spielberg.
    * She once visited the Great Wall of China with her middle school class. There, she met Leonardo di Caprio.
    * Likes reading and watching Netflix

What do we do in this case? Some people prefer the points to all be consistent with each other, and either all have periods or all no periods. Others prefer we do whatever is grammatically correct for the individual point, regardless of how the others look. That’s why we’re talking about it here.

It seems most of us lean towards “no periods”, mostly because it’s the status quo, but also because there are more trivia points that are just clauses rather than complete sentences. Still, what would you all like to do when we have the “mixture of both types” case?

18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    I'm sorry to disagree with you but that was Onishi. Ask Nanase.

https://www.instagram.com/juus.k.k_official

Why didn't you tell me earlier!?

I guess I got it right, but should we add a "k. k."?

19. keradion

keradion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsui Rena
    Ah, I suppose it really would be better to leave certain trivias as clauses and sentences, depending on their message, to keep them grammatically correct.

Either way, sorry for dragging everyone into such a small matter :XD: I should probably work on this weird hyperfixation on those periods instead, tbh :lol:

20. moomookan

Oshimen:
    @keradion Don’t apologize, it’s worth discussing! I’d still like to hear what others have to say regarding periods vs. no periods. If we all decide on one method, we can all use that going forward.