1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Yeah, that's how I meant it! We should still have the full name visible as well!

Also, my uncle married to Thai woman and lives in Asia now; and for a long time, I only knew her by her nickname. It's just more common to call each other by nicknames than legal first names, their nicknames aren't on the same level as other countries'.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I also have a question about the Thai infobox, should we leave it as is or an update should be done?

I'm also thinking of doing the same with the members of MNL

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    NMB48 has just released a video of 9th Gen members saying their catchphrases - unfortunately my listening skills of Japanese are not good enough to transcribe for the Wiki but would somebody like to try?

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Could you explain what sort of update you've got in mind?

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    This person's name is not Chang Yu-lin
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Chang_Yu-lin

It is Chang Yu-ling
    https://www.akb48teamtp.com/products/chang-yu-ling

Note the Chinese name in our wiki is correct: 張羽翎

If you put 翎 into a dictionary, you see the pronunciation is ling

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 7.15.11 AM.jpg

P.S. 48Pedia makes the same mistake, but I didn't read the corresponding page histories to see if they copied the incorrect information from us or we from them.

P.P.S. Yu-lin is above her image, but the info box gives Zhāng yǔ-líng

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  7. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I can see why this happened. In Japanese, both "ling" and "lin" would be written as リン, so it can be confusing at times. Anyhow, I made the request changes and also updated the associated pages. Please let me know if anything is still wrong.

8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  9. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I don't know about that one. I also noticed it but I refrained from changing it in fear something could go wrong.

10. natsu-kun

natsu-kun Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Admin

Oshimen:
    48 x 404
    Twitter:
    48nefi
    Looks like files cannot be moved due to following error message:

(also can't remove files placed in [[Category: Delete]], I believe it has something to do with the same permission error that prevents us from uploading files for.. how many years in a row?)

Other files with same misspelling:
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/File:ChangYu-linTP2018.jpg
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/File:ChangYu-linTPE4820172.png
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/File:ChangYu-linTPE48May2018.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    Should we still have their full names in Thai at the top of the infobox?

Also, a bit unrelated to the question...
    I feel like I'm starting to forget how do you upload pictures on the wiki...though I know that we're just gonna drag the files on the top

12. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Hello happy people!

- Some Hinatazaka46 members had their height updated.
    - A thing I noticed: AKB48 has Nogizaka46 listed under "Rival Groups" (shouldn't it be singular?^^) on their Wiki page, but Nogizaka46 doesn't have AKB48 listed as Rival Group in return. What do you think about adding it?
    - On the member pages, all active members are listed in bold - except Ma Chia-Ling (Link)

That's it (for now:fear:) Thank you for your work:flower:

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    There has been discussion of nicknames for members of BNK48 and CGM48, so I took a look at the official sites.

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 6.02.07 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 6.03.31 AM.jpg

The first thing you notice is the nickname in a large font and a different color, making the nickname standout above everything else. This is in keeping with the idea that the nickname chosen by the parents is an important part of a person's identity.

Now look at the titles of our pages:

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 6.04.39 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 6.04.09 AM.jpg

Cherprang's title doesn't even include her nickname!

To me, it doesn't matter if we use (nick) real or nick (real) or (real) nick or real (nick). The title is the first thing you see on a page, and I think NICK needs to be there.

14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
  15. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    So...you want their nicknames in all caps?

16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    No. I was just emphasizing that their nickname, as significant as it is, belongs somewhere in the title.

17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    For members whose first name is identical with the nickname, is it really necessary to put "Cherprang (Cherprang Areekul)" or "Cherprang Areekul (Cherprang)" or whatever other version? The name she is most known by is Cherprang, and that is there, just not a second time.

The question was more whether the intro line should be changed to "Cherprang Areekul is a member of..." instead of how it is now, or whether we should change other members' pages to line up with what her page looks like now. I don't think changing the titles/links was really a discussion.

Just so you know, changing the name of a page on the wiki means having a duplicate (redirect) page, which is why we tend to only really make changes if they're absolutely necessary (i.e. entirely wrong spelling).

18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don't know about the implementation details, although I know you use templates and that the title and the URL are linked.

Is it possible to create a new template to be used only for current and future members so that you wouldn't need redirects for graduates? Also, not everyone is Thai, so their nicknames don't carry the same cultural significance. For example, MIORI was born in Japan and is of Japanese descent, but grew up in Thailand (taken from her wiki page).

I did a quick count of current members who are Thai and use their given name as their nickname: Ratah, Pakwan, Sita, and Kyla. Izuta Rina is of course Japanese. If you make a new template starting with current members, that is only five redirects (with Cherprang if I didn't miss anyone).

The decision is yours (collectively). I only became aware of the cultural significance of the nickname when reading this thread back in November, and what I expressed was an ideal format based on that idea.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    There is absolutely no need nor reason to include a member's given name a second time when it happens to be her nickname.

If we used nicknames as primary, the member's full name could be included afterwards in parenthesis for clarity and potential disambiguation.
    If we used full(ish) names as primary (as we do now), nicknames can be included to aid in both searching and recognition as most fans won't be familiar with said full name.
    The primacy of the nickname in real life would be an argument for making the nicknames primary if the risk of name collision didn't require including the full names anyway, leaving us where we started just in reverse order. I don't see the effort involved being worthwhile.

Under neither system does "Cherprang Areekul (Cherprang)" or "Cherprang (Cherprang Areekul)" serve a purpose. Parentheticals are optional, they do not need to be tacked on when they add nothing.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane