1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single STU48 1st Single [Kurayami] (2018/01/31)

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by marioworldakb, Jun 29, 2017.

1. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I feel like this is assuming things to be very linear. STU already has a good few differences from the other groups, so they don't have to have the same release checklist as them. They don't have to have a theatre first, for example.

2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Watched the showroom, girls all lively, having fun.
    Once the theater manager-san comes, girls went serious.
    End of stream with it's cliffhanger ending, girls in silence, possibly losing soul.

This should be tagged "Horror" genre.

3. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I also don't mind STU getting a CD earlier than the theater. The moment they said that the theater would be in a ship, I knew it's going to take a lot of time for them to set it up. In the meanwhile, why not release a CD and doing handshakes? They're obviously not gonna let these girls sing Setouchi Koe until next "sister group" coupling AKB single, right?

4. ET920

ET920 Member

Yep!

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Maybe if the theatre had been ready on time, we would have seen them debuting later.
    But since it's not... you can't really have the girls sitting around doing nothing.

Since they announced this quite early, I hope they get a good song and time to prepare a killer debut.

I just hope it's not another ballad.

6. ET920

ET920 Member

Somehow I fear it'll be another slow. Comparing NGT48 and STU48 performances, STU48 girls barely moved at all, which puts all the girls at the same level (handicapping the ASH/younger girls, but it's also true that they got many adult members who might not be able to keep up pace with them without intense training, which doubt they can achieve without daily theater performances).

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i dont mind another ballad but they should hired a decent dance choreographer #HireTakahiro

8. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I'm afraid their debut would be another PR company of the Setuchi (Niigata:hmm: - Max toki, Midori, Seishun dokei... wtf) region! nothink NEW! So... I just hope their main song would not be another typical Idol song

also I need "good-singers-unit"! Mahina, Sugahara, Kouko, Honoka-chan! or duet Mahina-Sugahar :^O^: It would be EPIC!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    It's really nothing surprising that they are getting their debut so quickly.
    The group that has 7 prefectures backing it up at the same time with their own public funds is moving faster than normal, who would've guessed.
    Also, speaking of money, it's clear that the committe can't afford having them idle around any longer and wants to see a return in profit soon.
    it is probably taking a colossal amount of money and time to build the boat theather and prepare the infrastructure all over the Setouchi area to accommodate for events, and there isn't even any estimate of when it's going to be open.
    Meanwhile, the members aren't doing much in the way of promoting the region as their investors were expecting them to do. For all the hours they spend on Showroom every day, it never crosses their mind that they could take some time aside to do some self-publicity for their region, rather than indulging in trivial talk with fans. Not to mention that PR collaborations with local businesses are still nowhere to be seen.
    As far as economically stimulating the area goes, STU hasn't made any progress toward their goal since they started, and is taking in more money than it could possibly be generating. Someone might have started fearing that they invested their money in a white elephant.
    In a way, today's announcement is probably also a way of telling STU that if they want to see at least their theater complete and running, the girls have to start contributing with their own hard-earned money too from now on.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  10. tenjikujin

tenjikujin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Congrats STU48 for major debut and also fastest 48G debut.
    Isn't next week too early to select Senbatsu members, when they are going to debut November? It's going to be nervous for members until next week. I hope they select quality members.

STU48 members will also participate in HS events from next month. They are going indeed very fast.

11. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Since they will want to appeal to the locals, like NGT, they're probably going to get another sweet unoffensive song like they did.
    I'd be happy with that but I know a lot of people on the forum aren't happy with a song if it's not UZA enough for them.

12. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Yay for the fastest debut single since most of them are ready but I'm just afraid that they'll just neglect the same members that weren't in the Setouchi no Koe Senbatsu. Everyone was saying that the lineup doesn't matter but what happened? Yumirin represented STU for the entire SSK promotion and has been appearing in multiple media/magazines. She already has a jump start so I wouldn't be surprised if management continues with Yumirin. I don't dislike Yumirin but I would like to see more exposure for other girls too.

13. ET920

ET920 Member

Today Harurun was crying in her showroom because she felt uneasy with this. The girls most likely know how they are doing (feedback from choreographers, staff, times they are placed in front of smaller groups to practice, whether they are giving the same song or something different to practice, etc, etc), so they might know at all times their "position" within the group (even if that doesn't include insider information, like pushed girls). Now that they are told that in a week the senbatsu is revealed, some girls might be confident in whether they'll be chosen or not, and maybe Harurun thinks she won't be chosen based on all that interaction so far. If the senbatsu were to be chosen in a month, maybe they will still have a chance to get in practicing harder, but as she mentioned, the senbatsu has probably been chosen already.

Curious as to which ones are "low quality" ones :awesome:

Girls were told that as to give them all hope for the future, but if they are happy with Yumirin, they will keep her center. It's either Yumirin or Fuu (STU48 twitter hinted as much), I'd think double center with them both, as they are the most popular. Last time they had only the training sessions and the SR results for the audition, this time they also have handshake tickets (where Fuu outsold them all), Senkyo rankings (which we don't have, but they have their numbers), SR senkyo ranking and promotion activities (they all have done them I think, even if not everyone participated in lives).

14. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I agree so.

Idk also why some people on the forum tends to compare first single debut to saimajo too haha

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I am not! I like ballad, but Utaitai, Bukiyou Taiyo, Sakura no ki ni narou level, but GOD NOT another typical idol song like new NMB, SKE songs :yikes:

16. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I've started to like that Setouchi song lately...it's oddly calming...but I hope their debut isn't anything like it lol. Since we're not going to get any theater performances for awhile I have no idea who is good at what atm and I enjoy watching live performances to get an idea who I might make my bias~ I guess this single will be a good indicator (actually the only girl I kind of know is that Yumiko girl, but that's because she's the center atm).

Nov.1st isn't that far off tbh so that's really fast

17. ET920

ET920 Member

^
    ^ What, they are idols, they should be the strongest when talking about idol songs! :awesome: Suki, suki, skip is the best 48G debut single ever! And it fit perfectly with such young girls! However, this time they have about half the girls in senbatsu being too old to skip around, and with their debut coming so quickly they probably want to play safe. Also, Sasshi and Naachan don't have too much free time to practice with them, just imagine having to do some NMB48 acrobatics choreography with someone who only comes to record the PV, impossible!

18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Idk why some people on the forum feel so offended when they compare first single debut to saimajo too haha

19. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^Same lol. It still is a debut single and no doubt the best.

Reminds me of when people call out Twice and ONCE gets all offended like it's out of this world false ~^~

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

Yes, yes. According to my strenuous research the more skipping, the merrier. And you are never too old to skip!:^O^:

--
    I didnt mind setoichi for them because it was so soon after they debuted. It was surprising that they even had a song to begin with tbh. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy a good ballad. But like Konno A, I have been waiting for performances to solidify some of my biases and cultivate interest in the girls as a whole. The next song being a happy challenging song that plays on their hard work and energy would be ideal.