1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single STU48 2nd [Kaze wo Matsu] (2019/02/13)

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It will depends on whether M-2 is a common song or not. If M-2 is the same on all the types then it will be 2 MVs.
    If you look at AKB48 53rd single announcement, they also use the same format, thus no M-2A, 2B, etc. In the description of each single, it said to have 3MVs. There is no way 53rd single only have a total of 3MVs.
    Having said that, the possibility of them doing something like in the first single is there where the difference between the types in terms of video content will be that extra video content. This is from the 2nd single site
    1.M-1 Music Video
    2.M-2 Music Video
    3.特典映像予定

We just have to wait and see. I'm hoping for 5 MVs. If they can't afford 5MVs then at least 3MVs (M-2AB and M-2CD).

And Kurayami is a really good song.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I don't really get if we're gonna get only 3 new songs? Because they don't have 3A 3B 3C or 3D? Or do we have 6 songs due to this line:
    新曲3曲+inst3曲 計6曲収録予定
    I'm thinking we're gonna have 2 fixed songs (and please god not A-side + Pedal but 2 new tracks please) + 1 song for each type

3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

That is exactly the same thing written on AKB48 53rd single announcement http://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/cd/002507.html
    If I cut and paste the CD content from 53rd single announcement, it would look exactly the same as STU 2nd single. Same 3 songs/type and same M-4 M-1 off vocal ver, etc.
    53rd single is definitely going to have more than 3MVs thus the possibility of this STU single having more than 2MVs is still there.

4. Naaruru

Naaruru Upcoming Girls

glad they didn't kicked ayumin to the last row :rolleyes:
    with the senjō gekijō hype, around 150k for the first week is still possible if they give full slot to okada :confused:

5. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Wanna bet that M2 is Yume Chikara (the CM song)? That song is not included in any CD yet and it has MV.

6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    If you really think about it, Chiho is actually the hidden center and i am confident to say the management is hinting they will push her more this year. Other middle and back row members switched as well for balancing their lines based on popularity as it is shown pretty clear for the group’s recent status.

Hinachan and Fuuchan switches position. Which was a really tough desicion for them as they knew they risked their investment in Hinachan last year hoping she would deliver the results. The more reasonable choice in the debut single was suppose to be Fuuchan who was the safer choice at that that time but they really saw potential in Hinachan and believed in her more. But unfortunately the SSK result (and prelim) really forces them to reconsider Hinachans push, and go for a safer push for Fuu since I really think it was the original plan anyways.

It is really frustrated for me to say this but it is still really not Hinachans time and she needs to give way for Fuuchan and other older membes as they are in their prime years now and she should really focus develop her fan base more stronger and just simply enjoy the fun idol life as she still can as a young promising prodigy. She really shouldn't be handling this much responsibility last year because she is still not ready and was really stressed out for having this many chances (wasted on her) and she blames herself really hard for the unsatisfying result as she expressed it in her mobame.

Management understands this as well and thus they made this tough desicion which is inevitable and reasonable. And the fans also understood what is happening too right after the announcement as I was in the venue among the Hinachan and Chiho community (They are actually really friendly and close with each other) listening to them discussing about it.

Kokoa push was a very good desicion and encouraging message for all STU members and fans. MaiQ and Okichan straight up push into the 2nd single was anticipated and the management really took this risk as they really formed a special bond during the draft 3 and SR ranking event. So now the pressure is on them now to deliver the results or else it would be given to other girls. So this tells us management makes flexible strategic desicion based on results too which is good telling that there is always chances for the other girls to move up one day.

I am satisfied with the managements pick with this single. The only thing that I really hope is that we would get a legit group song and also the boat as the cover of the single with the members on it. And hoping for the a-side to be another Jrock style song like pedal would be lit.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ET920

ET920 Member

Having the second single out by August means they won't have the ship ready at least til then, which is pretty unfortunate, that's hitting STU's visibility so much... right now they are just a local version of Team 8.

Regarding the song, since they are lowering the average age a bit I hope it's a somewhat more cheerful song, somehow STU48 is giving me enka vibes.

8. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    They dropped my oshi Kahotaru despite her high SHOWROOM rank... I am quite sad about it.

9. ET920

ET920 Member

Kahotaru has a low handshake popularity. Unfortunately it's the chicken/egg problem, little visibility leads to poor handshake ticket sales, which pushes them behind others. STU48 seems to be releasing two singles per year, so she will try again at the end of the year ^^

10. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Thr main hope I have is that nobody gets left behind like last time, being in 0 brand new songs. How about a proper undergirls MV? The total members in the group is just about right for that to work out anyway. And if they do more split performances again with senbatsu in one and unders in another, it could help fill out the undergirls setlist. I remember in the AKB theater the undergirls didn't do Omoidasete Yokatta or Kurayami. One was done by draft candidates but the other was omitted. I can understand the reasoning of course but even so it may be nice to have an undergirls song. Everyone has more experience than before so they should be able to do this, should management desire it.

Though I also just hope the songs we get are good. =) I personally loved Kurayami and enjoyed all the b-sides on the first single, and have not disliked any STU original songs so far, so I have rather high hopes.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Again, how many members do they have? Why don't they make a large senbatsu with all members? Its not like all members would perform in tv shows; it'll just be the media senbatsu.

If it can't be helped, i do hope the b-side will have all the non-senbatsu members in it.

As for the song, can they give STU a fun song please. Like maybe a summer single but with gomenne summer like outfits, with a PV of them having fun by the sea, or any fun activity in the area.

• Like Like x 3
  12. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

They have like 3x members...

13. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Don't they have 34 members? Just a bit more than the usual big summer senbatsu.

Though of course, I understand there are possibly several factors that management considers as to why such a big senbatsu is not done.

I was simply hoping for them to have a song that everyone in the group can own, much like 47suteki for team 8.

14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    They have a fun song called pedal to sharin to kita michi.

But sure I would like more fun group songs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Maybe it's possible to have the STU ship themed single if they delay the PV release until at least 2 weeks before single release.
    That is assuming the ship reconstruction only take 2 months at max.

16. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

They dropped the pro showroomers? I guess outside of showroom they arent selling much then.

17. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    they haven't been selling even in SR

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I mean Harurun dropped the youtuber thing too .__.

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Any chance the CGB41 song can be used as a B-side ?

20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Don't think so. It's technically already on sale on iTunes and if they actually did this I'll be very disappointed that they wasted a spot for a new STU song.

• Like Like x 1