1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

STU48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by nakotteiijan, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    honestly i like the idea

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think the boat deck will be the "stage", but they will only perform when they're in one of the cities.

Why would they specifically name those seven cities if they were going to do the lives in the middle of the sea? :^^;:

3. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    well, i like the thing, too, don't misunderstand me, i just instantly thought of Aqours when I saw the news xD

4. trxsh

trxsh Member

Basing a theater in the Setouchi sea (if I got that right) is a cute idea. I assume they'll have to base themselves in one city at least for the members to practice together? I would surely hope they wouldnt have a different theater senbatsu for every city/port, too many random faces to remember has never stopped being a setback for me getting into new members. But I think I'm unusual as a fan in that sense since most people seem to like learning a bunch of random girls (and lots of people seem to ONLY be interested when a new group debuts)

I'll be honest, I want some nice concepts and management for my favourite AKB and SKE members more than new groups TT but I'll watch casually what they do in case anyone catches my attention, since NGT brought me Ayakani!

5. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    If it isn't based in a city, then where will the girls train?? And how about their education??

And i love how people are mentioning Aqours >.< (speaking of Aqours, i think they need their own thread on the Stage48 idol emporium thingy)

6. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I'm soo curious how they're going to have kennin/transfer members. I still have many questions about how the girls will both do stages and live their normal lives as young girls, like going to a school and stuff. It's all too complicated. Can the fans travel with the cruise ship? What is happening here?
    But I'm in for an Aquors concept. This is one step closer to my dream Love Live/48g collaboration. Although I know it's impossible.
    Anyways, I'm really excited for this thing.
    Go sailor-uniformed girls!

7. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    When I 1st heard the news, all I can think was 'MONEY MONEY MONEY' :fear:
    But I think I better do not think much of it..
    Let just go with the flow then..

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Why do they have to have transfer/kennin?
    Think Team 8, but instead of doing concerts in Toyota events, they'll do theirs on a boat.

The only question I have is where they'll meet up for training and so on.
    I imagine they will rent out a couple of locations in the bigger cities (Hiroshima and another one?) and just meet up there.

The thing is that they will need a very big gen so they don't interfere with their normal lives much.
    Yamaguchi looks very distant from the other cities, so if they only get 20 girls from all 7 cities, chances are some girls from Yamaguchi will have to move around a lot.
    So I expect them to get like 30 or more and make SII and TIII from the get go (ala Chinese lol).

9. 3jinooyatsuwa

3jinooyatsuwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Your dream isn't impossible at all since the second opening of LL is basically the 1!2!3!4! Yoroshiku MV with a different song
    Hope they don't let this idea flop like TPE or SDN.

10. Justice Lawson

Justice Lawson Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    I think this is a good idea... I know the ship probably isnt as big but I know Disney Cruises have a lot of shows that are of decent length...

I would be cool if the girls came from all the citys. About the girls... I could see most of the girls being girls who dont go to high school or girls who have graduated. They could have the girls 'home schooled'. Hiring one teacher for 20-30 girls seems less expensive then having to pay 60+ girls.

11. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I think it'll be a sizeable ship tho to fit a 200 seat theater. First of all, I dont think the ship are solely for the group although the theater is the main attraction. I think there will be cafes, restaurants like a normal ferry (you know those dinner date boat restaurants)

12. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

The ship may dock in one of the cities so people can get on board and then the ship goes on sailing, the performance happens during it and the ship returns to where it was.

Probably in one of the cities? Or in the city they are based on that day/week maybe?

13. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    maybe the training will happen on the boat!
    i wonder if the admission price will be higher, not only because the costs behind this are probably more than a regular theatre performance but also just for the ~unique experience~

14. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    The boat needs to be at least large enough to minimize wobbling during stages. Sea sickness from the girls can be managed with medication for that purpose if required... I don't think they will sail while on-stage, they will have to stay on port for the duration of the show I think... but I don't think that's a disadvantage. What is really worrying is the cost of making an ambulatory show on a boat. Normal theater shows are expensive enough...

15. trxsh

trxsh Member

Orrr it could dock at the ports of those various prefectures for people to go and watch the shows, and get off when the show is over, and the ship sails to the next port for the next show.

Why sail around aimlessly during the performance and waste fuel?

16. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Well we are pretty unsure the age group of the members.... might be another otona 48 project so the house wives can prac among themselves in thier cities etc so they dont really need study stuff...

I really dk how this works tho...

17. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Yep, it's also a possibility. Each city would see the show once a week.

So people could enjoy a ride?

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But what if people don't actually "need" to go anywhere? lol

If people get on the boat is probably because they want to see STU*, if after paying for the ticket and everything you drop the passengers in another city and they have to find other means to come back home... no lol

*STU sounds like they're going to see some dude. :XD:

19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2016/10/11/kiji/K20161011013513550.html

Has it been mentioned already?

According to the staff, the theater will be built on a tug boat with no self-propelling. This "stage boat" will be towed by another ship and performances will be done while also moving through the 7 prefectures.
    Also, not surprisingly, the proposal for STU48 came from a local company who had interest in making a new group in the Setouchi contryside. Preparations are already secretely underway, 1st gen auditions will be held aboard of the (main, I guess?) ship.

It should be said that the image of the cruise ship in the teaser was, like they said half-jokingly in the trailer itself, just an artistic representation and it's not supposed to portray the real ship, so don't think too much about it. Right now the theory that the they'll be performing on a floating stage on the docks of every port town in the Seto bay, much like a sea-based Team 8, seems to makes more sense.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  20. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Thats gonna be a huge ass tug boat tho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.