STU48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by nakotteiijan, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    So there'll be a first gen. There will be new members.
    On a boat. Performing.

While I am still trying to wrap my head around this, I can't say I am thrilled with the idea. This is like NMB vs HKT all over again: NMB announced 2010, HKT announced 2011... at least NMB had a single before HKT came on the scene.

I dunno, this seems badly planned. Impractical. Gimmicky. I was hella excited for NGT because that was four years after HKT, a good while and some fresh faces appearing. But this... I will be hyped for the members, sure, how can I not be with a 48 group. It just doesn't feel the same. :/

• Like Like x 1
  2. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Well it seems like the group can only be profitable if they combine all the 7 prefectures tho, they have to do a feasibility study on the potential area. You can have a theater in Hiroshima (the biggest city) since that means you are cutting off the 2 target prefectures in Shikoku Island sine they are separated by sea. The best option is to put them on a theater boat since you cant have a theater on the wheels. Plus the boat gimmick creates interest more than a normal theater

3. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

But why they would need to go somewhere? It would be just a ride with a performance included (or a performance with a ride included) after which people would return to their homes.

I was thinking of the ship returning to the original place, not going to a different one.

So it would be like a cruise that includes the group performance?

4. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Its not a cruise and i think it prob just a sheltered ship with performance on it and with benches duh

5. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I think people here are really getting stuck on the idea that the sister groups are supposed to stop being created at some point. The entire idea of having more theaters besides just the one in Akihabara is to allow the group to perform regularly in other cities. There are still a lot of cities that are fairly out of the way of any 48-group theater, and with this traveling boat concept, that theater now comes to several more cities. The only question is whether this additional theater will bring in enough revenue to justify the amount spent on employing staff and members for it. I don't think they would do it if they didn't think it was gonna be profitable, though, and it's definitely a strategy to create buzz which is what the group essentially lives off of.

Are we swimming in a deluge of idols? Oh yeah, and one day maybe every eligible cute teenage girl in Japan will be part of the 48 group at the rate they're going :lol: But the boat group isn't any more of a "gimmick" than the car advertisement group or the island group or any of the other sister groups. They're all just extensions of AKB.

6. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Well eventually will be CRU48 where the idols stay and perform on board (like boarding school etc) opposing idea of setting 1 48 in every country. This is more efficient la. HQ still in Jap tho

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I would definitely go for Caribbean48, a 7 day cruise out of San Juan (SouthernCaribbean48) or Florida (WesternCaribbean48).

8. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom

if the video does not show watch the video here
    http://www.pref.hiroshima.lg.jp/site/kishakaiken/kaiken281011.html

A question about STU48 was brought up a few days ago during a press conference with the governor of the Hiroshima prefecture. He was visibly enthusiastic to hear of the project of a new AKB group based in the region, even praising AkiP for the scope ("Sasuga, Akimoto-san's aims are high"), and wondered if the decision also came as a result of their local brand and tourism associations working hard to promote the area ("I know it sounds like singing one's own praises, but...").
    He also brought up the point of cruise and liner businesses expanding their activity into Setouchi ("like nothing before"), although this was before details about the stage boat had been revealed, so yeah...
    At any rate, he assured that the project will have everyone's full support and the whole Setouchi Destination Management Organization is expected to work together to make arrangements for it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  9. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    This sounds like Team 8 sister group version but with boat (not with 'Toyota' car, like Team 8)

10. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

Yeah I thought the Toyota Team 8 was super gimmicky but this is on another level. Also it seems like it would really suck for the girls in the group, especially the theatre girls, since they basically have to live on the boat right? Or if they don't have to stay on the boat, they're still going to have to travel for pretty much every theatre performance. What about the girls in school? Seems like some shitty working conditions.

11. moonlit

moonlit Member

^maybe they'll go for mostly for girls 18-20 age-wise? With few exceptions that are younger? Thos could work that way.

12. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Hmmm the -ken they go to have permanent girls who stay there for real and i guess they dont need to travel much? If they real need to travel, for what ever meeting etc or what then the boat will pick them up from nearest depot etc

13. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Let me guess, maybe the ship would sail once a year, so the 1st year in one prefecture and the next year it'll be on another prefecture. The girls would live in a different dorm each year. But, I have no idea about age and school issue.

14. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Maybe they'll create a seperate ship as a dorm/school/training center for the members

And what will happen when it's windy lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    i feel like it would defeat the purpose of having a group created specifically for having its theatre on a boat only to have the performances on the shore. then it wouldn't really be any different than having a theatre overlooking the ocean.

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, but it will be a theatre overlooking the ocean in 7 different cities. In the end it might be the most profitable theatre of them all lol

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I dunno, the Staten Island ferry would be a lot more entertaining if there was an idol group doing a performance.

18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    It makes sense that they get a brand-new first-gen if its own. They still have a theater, the only difference is that it's an itinerant theater. It's like a circus, only with idols. If that wasn't the case, you could simply give it to the Team 8 girls and be done with that, but it would kind of miss the point... They need a permanent crew of its own to work.

19. trxsh

trxsh Member

My thinking was that the main purpose of having the theater on the boat was so that the theater can move from city to city and the show comes to you. I don't really see the point of sailing around aimlessly while watching a theater performance, especially since the rocking of a ship is quite uncomfortable unless it's a huge ship (like a cruise ship) and you can't feel it. Anyway, from the sound of the article @Cisalpine88 quoted, it seems the ship will in fact sail through the prefectures during the performances, as much as I think it's dumb.

20. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I don't see the point of sailing during a show because you're not really there for the sights but for the idols themselves. Sailing would be a waste of fuel because, let's be honest, who will want to go to a theater show for sightseeing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.