STUDIO48 - Major Reconstruction 2013

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 7, 2012.

1. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

(Admins, I hope this is right section for this thread.) :hehe:

Hello.
    I bet all of you must already know that I own STUDIO48 and it's hosted under same server as STAGE48.
    I've been managing S48 for almost 5 years already and thousands of people visited it everyday.
    I would like to say BIG THANK YOUs for visiting and contributing. Only God can pay your kindness. [angel]

Therefore,
    I would like to make STUDIO48 the most convenience lyrics site ever on earth ( :^O^: ) - MY BIG WISH!
    I plan to make the interface the most simplest ever. So, I want to drop all other pages and only leave 'lyrics index' and 'contact me'. The 48 legacy is getting bigger and their releases are extremely huge day by day, month by month, year by year.

Before I make my decision, I want to read your opinions, dear STAGE48-ers. Help me giving your great ideas and lets make MY BIG WISH a dream comes true! [blush]

:cute: :cute: :cute:

2. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    I don't have an opinion but I'd like to thank you for your efforts and thank you for staying with AKB for such a long time in order to keep running an essential source for foreign AKB fans.

3. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    I love the way its organized now. Its so easy to see the set list for the stages. When I was trying to find which song from each stage was my favorite, thats where I went.

But as long as Stage48 Wiki exists I can still find that stuff out. But still, I like the current organization :)

4. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I really like the way that it's organized now because sometimes it's hard to remember the name of a specific song. It's much easier to know that it came from, for example, A5 and look it up, compared to having to look up on a wiki or something and then go to the lyrics.

But I really love the site so you can do what you want! <3

5. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

off-topic

but whoohoo your only 20 posts till a rocking number [rock]

And I support your efforts. I really admire people who independently take a initiative.

6. takatophilip

takatophilip Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    studio48 is a "must visited" when it comes to 48 lyrics.
    and imo, it'll be easier if it's organized like the current. it'll help newbies to find any songs they only know from specific stage or single. or it'll be a lot easier if you want to look at 48's released albums or singles.

7. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I have to agree with Moomookan, having things listed under singles and stages makes it really easy and quick to look a song up. So given a choice I'd like to see those options kept, even if you are to reorganise it.

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    a more showy and structured live chat so akb fans can interact with each other easily

9. haruna_hamasaki

^ gocchisama, I think that is not necessary because chat will need to use java/flash player which make the page is late to load if the user uses a slow computer. Poor them if they only visit STUDIO48 just for searching lyrics. Chat option is suitable for STAGE48 (forum).

I understood the reason why should I have things listed under singles and stages for easy searching for newbies.
    I guess I will not change anything about that. [nod]

About source of kanji lyrics, is it wrong/illegal if I don't mention where the lyrics come from?
    I think it doesn't consider as stealing if I just take the kanji lyrics without mentioning where I take those from because kanji lyrics are easily available anywhere on Internet or even lyrics booklets.

My idea is to make the lyric page simpler as possible, for example (I take Aitakatta):

会いたかった / Aitakatta / I wanted to meet you
    (Kanji title / Romaji title / English title)

Romanization by haruna_hamasaki
    Color codes by haruna_hamasaki

the color-codes for members will be here

kanji lyrics / romaji lyrics / english translations​

Notes:
    1. There will no longer be any images on the lyric pages. All images for singles, albums & stages will be put at singles, albums & stages pages.
    2. I drop the description of the song.

10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I actually don't credit where the kanji lyrics I get come from either because of reasoning similar to yours :^^;:
    I usually just rip them off large japanese lyrics sites lol.

I thought the site was at a bare minimum already - that is, it doesn't load slowly and the way it is organized right now is beneficial to new fans and people who are looking up a specific song. I know I've done my fair share of looking songs up based off of the album/single/stage they were in. The layout is also quite pretty and clean already.

As others have said, thanks for upkeeping a vital resource for foreign fans.

11. sorahana

sorahana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    For me these are the reasons why I go to STUDIO48 on a regular basis, not for translated lyrics.

But if you really want to pare down the lyrics to a single page, here's my suggestion. Have something like the examples on this Wikipedia page where there's tables that can be organized by clicking the arrows at the top of each column. As well as a master list of all songs alphabetically you can have, for example, "SKE Singles Alpabetically", "AKB Stages Chronologically", etc. That way there's a just one page but users can still find what their looking for.

12. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

first of all, i want to thank you for a wonderful site you made for us fans,

Overall, studio 48 is a friendly website, whenever i feel like doing some karaoke i go there, :^O^:
    but their is one that bothers me, the "front page updates".. [hehe]
    the updates are like noodles no spaces between,, .. :lol: , Maybe you can put some lines/space after new updates.. :)

The lyrics style is fine,, i think no need to change it, (kanji/romaji/english)
    Single/almbum list, i like how you put each single with different types like A/K/B... :) do you think it would be better if you put it in the center alignment? [think]

looking forward on your project.. :)

13. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

My little grain of sand...I like the current STUDIO48 because there are several ways to find the lyrics for a song and the grouping by album/single has often been very useful to me. However, I undestand that there are a lot of songs and groups/units/solos... and the management is becoming more and more difficult. So I'd like to thank you for your hard work and your patience and anything you decide about it will be fine for me. [bow]

14. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Does this mean that all the forum discussions are gonna be gone too??

15. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Studio48 has nothing to do with any of the discussions on here.

16. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    ^Sorry, got confused for a second

17. haruna_hamasaki

I guess I will not change the layout for the time being. Maybe I will do a few changes with current layout because many of you seem to like the current layout so much. Thank you for the bottom of my heart. ;)

I will let the thread for awhile here if other forum members still have their opinions. :p

*shrugs* [blush]