[Subbed] Nogizaka Shows Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by jiaemi, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. call me cubo

call me cubo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    小悪魔のあっしゅ
    Twitter:
    dipolacubo
    see my signature

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. devildante

devildante Member

you can directly go to depressingsubs site, https://depressingsubs.com/

4. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  5. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

I'm glad to see another card magic enthusiast here. I believe I know how she did it, but I have a slight disagreement on the trick:

The trick is actually Chicago Opener/Red Hot Mama, an Al Leech trick popularized by Ed Marlo, also performed by others also like Daryl, Michael Ammar, etc.
    Only 1 card 'changes color' not the whole deck like the Criss Angel one. Also, no double backer used. Just a duplicate from another deck.
    Kakki forced the card BEFORE Shitara shuffled the deck. There's a couple of methods of force possible here, but it looks like a version of the hindu shuffle force was used.

Kakki's version added a little 'prediction' bit - the "is your card red? black? blue?".

With every card trick "plot" there's always variations that you can do, depending on your skill or style. I am pleasantly surprised and enjoyed their magic act.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rizza Aulia Rahman

Rizza Aulia Rahman Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Twitter:
    RizzauliaRahman
    Just watched Asuka's henmen performance. And DAMN. She did a pretty different version from what I expected. But still, that's amazing

• Like Like x 1
  7. luminaries

luminaries Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    :^^;:o
    omg :^^;: i stand corrected. thank you!

tho for me ... did she use a duplicate or control himura’s card to the top and do a double lift? bc the only blue card would be the K♢ she eventually forced right? ... i could also be misreading your explanation tho hhh apologies if i did

• Like Like x 1
  8. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

Haha, no worries. You're pretty much correct here.
    Kakki learned the riffle shuffle way faster than I did, haha. She is perfect. :inlove:

- Essentially, for this trick Himura's choice is totally free/random.
    - Yes, she controlled it to the top, and she did the classic way of doing the double lift/turnover.
    - Alternatively, you could swing cut so that the different color card is above Himura's card, spread to the colored card & then double lift.
    - The duplicate (from another deck/different colored back) & the card forced on Shitara is the same, in this case the King of Diamonds.
    - You could actually see the break before Kakki forced the card, she did the force & ask Shitara to remember that card, then the deck can be freely shuffled because she is already steps ahead (placed the blue card on the table).

Sorry for the spoilers, guys, it's kind of a habit. To be honest, lots of card magic tutorials are freely available on Youtube (that's how I got into learning card magic years ago). With all the AGT/BGT and Fool Us shows, magic is kind of back in the mainstream in the recent years...having said that, some tricks/effects are copyrighted or developed for commercial purposes hence the spoilers.

To get back on track - watch the latest episode for Asuka's performance (if you haven't already) - she did really, really well!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. call me cubo

call me cubo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    小悪魔のあっしゅ
    Twitter:
    dipolacubo
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    You said you know the secret behind it so let me ask: Is it really that difficult? Asuka said she was told that she can't become a pro yet despite doing a good job at it with only a month to practice. Maybe if she had more time she would be able to change the masks without hiding her face like the veterans do.

I've read the trick behind it is a very closely-guarded secret (might be an exaggeration, or not) and although the curiosity is killing me, I'd rather not know because it'll cheapen her performance so please don't tell me.

11. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    I'm no expert, but the fact that Asuka always need to turn away from the audience / camera everytime she's changing her mask already explain it, I guess.
    As you see on the intro video, pro performers just need to swing a fan, for example, like in a flash without turning back.

12. Nishinomaru ^.^

Nishinomaru ^.^ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Nogizaka Under Construction 2017 SP Hardsubbed version.(updated**fixed)

All Credits to Good Enough English Sub (GEES).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    It's in HD 4K 1080p?

I'm joking, thanks for the hardsub

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. Nishinomaru ^.^

Nishinomaru ^.^ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I'm sorry. It has only the same format as NogiBingo series by Beam Subs.

15. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Agreed. I think what Asuka did was the most "basic" trick and she still hasn't mastered it yet. At the last part of her performance, Asuka's breathing made it obvious that the mask is as thin as paper or maybe even thinner which kinda gave us an idea on how the trick is supposed to work. Even Shitara noticed it. Mastering the basics would mean mastering breathing as well I think.

16. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    I already have an idea on how it works. The question was if it really was as difficult as she said it to be given that she only had a month, or less than a month to practice it. She could've also used a mask to reduce her breathing and hide the fact that the masks were that thin.

That was still very cool to watch though. The other members' reactions were the best. Asuka should perform it when they have another concert in China, I'm sure the Chinese fans will love it considering the art originated there.

P.S. Looks like Japan also has its own mask changing art. Though I'm not sure if it was always a part of their culture since it's my first time hearing about it, but it does look like a variation of the Chinese bian lian with some other magics performed on the sides.

17. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Penn also says in that video that even though it looks like repetition, there’s different methods used with all the masks. So even if the “trick” is that the masks are pulled off in layers, there’s probably more to it. Asuka doesn’t like to say that she tries hard (I actually used to think she was lazy), but from what I can tell, her default level of effort that she brings to Nogi rehearsals and doesn’t consider a big deal is what most people would call trying hard or even perfectionist. So when she says it’s very difficult, I believe her.

Personally, I don’t find sleight-of-hand magic cheapened by knowing how it works. No offense to Sakura, but even a 5-year-old could perform that body-cutting trick because the “magic” is in the construction of the box. But good card magic is more a skill like juggling or playing an instrument. This is my favorite magic routine, by Shawn Farquhuar (the quality isn't great, but it's worth it). Even if you know the shuffling is “fake,” as the trick goes on, you realize he’s keeping track of so many moving parts that it’s more like a virtuoso piano performance.

18. Aas

Aas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Miria
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  19. AnikiDota

AnikiDota Future Girls

Twitter:
    Tenshiren46
    • Winner Winner x 21
    • Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. RENKA

RENKA Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    1st 2nd 3rd Generation
    THANKS !

awww :c Sakaguchi did awesome on other tricks but during Frisbee throws, i think she was throwing it too strong while the dog was on the opposite side so beck cant catch up at all.