1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[Subbed] Nogizaka Shows Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by jiaemi, Sep 23, 2013.

1. jurishi13

jurishi13 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jurishi13
    is there any jp softsub for nogiskits? i've been learning japanese lately so..

2. rentanDAISUKI

rentanDAISUKI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Renka/Runa/Rika
    Curious question here. If there are some skits episodes with only 3ki do the talking and skits, do you guy still sub that episode since the show no longer exclusively to 4ki?

3. chaloner

chaloner Kenkyuusei

Thanks to Beam Subs! All MV Collection 2 - Music Video Making 14th to 25th

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 4
  4. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    • Winner Winner x 20
    • Like Like x 18
  5. abangkodir

abangkodir Member

Oshimen:
    Hori Miona
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 9
  6. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    • Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 16
  7. signupsus

signupsus Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Khrushchenov

Khrushchenov Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    Nogizaka46 Yamazaki Rena to Ohatsu-chan ep03
    Credit: SUBS (Sketchy Unintelligible Bastardized Subs)
    RAW: 48idol.tv

Softsub and Video:
    https://mega.nz/folder/Bv5wjCSD
    Key:
    k5rTs35bCWFCqCttjL8Xzg

Here's episode 3. What I have learned through this process is that I am absolutely not cut out for subbing. But I try.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. cookiecat

cookiecat Kenkyuusei

Please don't be too hard on yourself. I really appreciate these subs and think what you've done so far has been great.

• Agree Agree x 9
  10. Federico

Federico Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaki Haruka
    This last episode was very touching.
    At start I didn't care much about the series, but as episodes have come out, I've like it more and more. 4 gen members get to do something fun and engaging like acting, that's not common, and I am very happy for them. Now I appreciate 4th gen much more thanks to NogiSkits.
    So, thanks Tamu for subbing these 20 episodes! さいこう!

• Like Like x 1
  11. macropeptide

macropeptide Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ito junna
    Let me tell you that you've done a great job so far and you should be proud.
    When I subbed GakuTabi6 (my only sub), I learned that it is a ton of work for a beginner but fun as hell. So if you enjoy doing it, keep learning, work at your own pace and have fun.
    I really appreciate your (and other subbers) work, and I think everyone who has watched this series feels the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Khrushchenov

Khrushchenov Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    I really appreciate your support, but I really meant what I said. It's one thing when you're trying to learn a language. Looking things up and getting to know what you didn't know before can be fun even when it's difficult. Being able to translate something without even needing to refer to a dictionary feels like you're making progress. But it's one thing being able to watch an entire episode without subs and being able to understand the gist no problem; actually having to think about how to translate what has been said is much more difficult. And when you reach a topic with a rather niche vocabulary that you don't come across even in your native language, it can be rather demoralizing to try and make sense of everything. Exploring new things is the basic premise of this show, so there's always going to be a new vocabulary of a niche topic that I need to learn to grasp. This episode in particular has been especially challenging, and it's been exhausting trying to do the translation all on my own.

To a certain extent, I have enjoyed undertaking this project. Working on this it with other Japanese learners has been fun. Being able to test the Japanese I've learned so far has been great, and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. But I'm the only one doing the translations now. And I also realize that realistically speaking, I'm not cut out for it. My Japanese is not at a level where I can translate effectively. It's a bittersweet feeling. I need to remind myself to slow down because I really struggled over the last two episodes, but I'm going to try and stick with this project for as long as I can...

In order to turn Yamazaki Rena into the ultimate bias wrecker...

Or. You know.

Whatever.

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. chaloner

chaloner Kenkyuusei

Hope someone subs this real soon. :cute: Nogizaka46 Shiraishi Mai Graduation Concert
    [paid content]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. call me cubo

call me cubo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    小悪魔のあっしゅ
    Twitter:
    dipolacubo
    You know what? I have been subbing countless videos with my team and most of it were translated by me. Alone. Was it stressful? Yeah. Was it fun? Yeah. My team helped me a lot with the field I'm not mastered and that's also the reason why I'm still active until now. If I had to do everything by myself back then, guess I already quit.
    You said that your partners are also Japanese learner, right? Then, why don't you ask them to help ya a bit? If you feel burdened by it more than the fun you get, I'd rather say just stop. There's no point stressing yourself out.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Khrushchenov

Khrushchenov Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    We took Japanese courses together in college and it's been several years since then. Due to recent events, a few of us were able to reconnect and we were looking to do something together where we could all pitch in, as we had a little more time on our hands... and it's what we came up with. None of us knew how it was going to go and like I've said before, most everyone dropped out already. Which is understandable. It was just something to do. To see how much Japanese we can remember. To see who kept up with their Japanese and who hasn't. Most of us haven't. Nobody expected to continue past the first episode, but a few of us did anyway. But people have lives to get back to.

At this point, it's mainly a solo project with someone helping me with the typesetting and another with QC and that's about it. Out of all of us, I was the one who kept up with Japanese the most, so there's not really anyone else I can turn to when I reach something I don't understand, though I've been helping them out where I can. I harbor no ill will towards those who have quit because it was never meant to be a permanent thing. As I've said before, we're not a subbing group. None of us had any subbing experience going in. We just happened to take a Japanese course together a few years ago and we were able to reminisce about the old days struggling to put a coherent sentence together.

The good thing about starting this project is that it really gave us something to focus on instead of picking things up aimlessly. And while I personally have derived a fair amount of accomplishment in undertaking this project, I have come to understand where my limitations are. My Japanese just isn't good enough. It's frustrating, but it's not anything I can do anything about in any reasonable amount of time. And knowing that there's so much you don't know can be really frustrating. So I just spent more time than I probably should have in that amount of time in putting out something that's cohesive enough to be intelligible. Which is why I know I should take a step back. Slow down. Learn at a more reasonable pace.

But like I said, I'll continue on as long as I can... or until some else picks up where we leave off. It would be a shame if the rest of this series doesn't get subbed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    @Khrushchenov I can relate to the frustration sometimes. I am in a subbing group for about a year now, but of all the translators in our team, I am the least strong in Japanese. And even though I can get a large part of the translations down myself, I need the other members to fill in the gaps. But while that is frustrating at times, it is also a motivation to become better. And there is no other way to become better than to actually do it.

And sometimes you feel like you haven't made any progress at all, but when I look at my earlier subs, I see things I would do differently now. That means the progress is there.

Wouldn't it help for you/your team to recruit an extra translator to divide the workload and help each other fill in the gaps?

Just make sure it's fun, otherwise there is no use.

• Winner Winner x 9
  17. Khrushchenov

Khrushchenov Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    You seem to know exactly what I'm talking about. The fact that I've taken the project on myself gives me a huge motivation to continue, because I can actually feel myself making progress. But it also makes me realize how much farther I am from getting to a point where I won't need anyone's help in order to understand what I'm seeing... Or even to reach a point where even if I don't know the answer, I would be able to find out by myself. I'm proud of what our group has been able to accomplish so far, but the task in front of me can seem insurmountable at times. And now that I'm pretty much on my own... It is what it is. I'm not bitter about it, but I am overwhelmed. I feel like it has helped me understand Japanese a bit better, but there's just so much more that I know I don't know.

I wouldn't call this project fun, per se. It was a lot of work and it has been daunting throughout various stages. Many times, I've felt like we have not been up to the task, and it has taken a lot out of me to push through. But it has been very rewarding to be able to see each finished product and say "I was able to do this despite not being very good at Japanese" and have others enjoy what we were able to put together as well. And I know what you mean about the earlier subs. Even from episode to episode, I feel we've adapted as we figured some things out. It gave me a lot of motivation to go from one episode to the next.

But as I've said, we've never once thought of ourselves as a subbing team. We're not even a study group. We're really not capable enough to even call ourselves anything, really, so we never thought about recruiting anyone to join us. We're just not thinking in those terms.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. -SleepySlope46-

-SleepySlope46- Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
  19. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

You can always just ask specific translation questions here (or maybe another thread can be made for that?), or just join up with another group, as well. In the end, everything is collaborative anyway.

MOD NOTE: Do not double post. You can edit your first post if you are not willing to wait for another post (or 24 hours).

Nogizaka 46-Hour TV II, Corps Showdown – Location Scouting Battle Part D-b:
    https://conjyak.com/2020/10/31/nogi...own-location-scouting-battle-part-d-b-subbed/

https://i.imgur.com/j4oQMjR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  20. ChaeWon's Aegyo

ChaeWon's Aegyo Kenkyuusei

Your translations are what i'm looking forward to everyday, mostly due to me not understanding anything when the 46 Hour TV aired 4 years ago, so thanks to you my curiosity as to what the members were talking about in those clips 4 years ago has been answered :) Also, your videos give me a nostalgic feeling~

Thank you and keep up the amazing work!

• Like Like x 2