1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Suenaga Oka (Oochan)

Discussion in 'Team E' started by brunoiaz, Mar 16, 2015.

1. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    ^she looks so cute<3<3<3

2. princessairbender

princessairbender Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (8)
    Oochan ranked 99th during today's preliminary SSK results!! I started crying when they read her name, man I hope she ranks for real in the end!:cry2:<3

3. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
  4. princessairbender

princessairbender Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (8)
    Oochan congratulations on being selected as a senbatsu member for SKE48's 23rd single!! :cry2:<3

5. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    her ssk poster:
    639.jpg

6. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Oochan's SSK Appeal Video

if the video does not show watch the video here
    "I’m Oka Suenaga as in Ochan from SKE48 Team E. This will be my fourth time participating in the general election. Last year I was called 99th place at the preliminary results but couldn’t rank in at the event. So this year I will rank in for sure. The cherry blossoms has already fallen but the cherry blossom of SKE48 will not yet fall but bloom so I ask for your support. It was Oka Suenaga as in Ochan from SKE48 Team E."

• Like Like x 2
  7. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    She has such a lovely face, her ssk picture is so sweet!<3<3<3

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

First spot in senbatsu, now 45th rank. Oochan is going strong this year.

9. kaleidx

kaleidx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suenagaoka
    Cherry Dream with Yamabe Ayu! Really excited for this team and hope to see Oochan do well in janken this year! Though I wonder how these two knew each other ...

Attached Files:

10. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Yesterday Ouchan gave me the gift of the greatest Showroom in the world. She cosplayed as Roux Louka from Gundam Double Zeta. (ZZ Gundam)
    This followed her big-hit train wota Showroom.
    5f2ea4f4.jpg
    I'm not a big fan of that character or ZZ Gundam in general but it was a lot of fun for a Gundam fan like me. She took off the wig for most of the stream.
    ss+(2018-07-28+at+08.42.19).jpg
    She talked a lot about the original series and gave a quiz:
    What's the name of the Zaku pilot who disobeyed orders on the scouting mission and attacked Side 7? (In the first ever episode)
    She's pretty knowledgeable about the original series and the current Origin series.

She showed off her gunpla models:
    https://imgur.com/NdLh89V
    DjMkL36U8AE3JEr.jpg
    I don't have screencaps of them but she showed off her RX-78-2 Gundam (the one in the original series), Zeta Gundam (my personal favourite), and Zakus.
    She mentioned she likes the Gouf too, which is absolutely patrician taste.

Actually Ouchan cosplayed as Elpeo Ple, another, better, character from ZZ Gundam, a while back at a handshake event.
    48b855de.jpg

Anyway, for someone who got into SKE thanks to now banned youtube videos showcasing Airi's love for JoJo as well as her collaboration with Ikeda Shuuichi (Char's voice actor) this was a blessing.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

May Bandai give this girl an individual job soon. Did she say she kit the gunpla herself?

12. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Ah I didn’t catch that, I didn’t watch the entire stream and I’m waiting for an upload. I assumed she did but I’ll get back to you on that.

However Yamada Juna built a kit of the RX-78-2 Gundam a few years ago and wrote a blog about it, saying she had some help from some very “yabeee” people who pointed out her mistakes.
    http://ske48matome.net/archives/49131456.html
    God that blog post is so great.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. kaleidx

kaleidx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suenagaoka
    There was a nice piece on Oochan at: https://news.dwango.jp/idol/30190-1807
    It gives a nice little summary of her and is very inspiring.
    I had it translated for anyone that wants to give it a read.
    Her eyes like a laser beam; SKE48 Oka Suenaga is a hard-working girl that provides “hope” to the team-members.
    Idol, Posted 29th JUL, 2018

With incredible results in the Senbatsu Sosenkyo and a successful sales of their latest single; “Ikinari Punch Line”, momentum by SKE48 has been increasing rapidly towards their 10-year anniversary in October. Out of all the members, I’d like to cast a spotlight on Ouka Suenaga (a.k.a Oochan) from Team E. Suenaga has recorded a high rank of 45th at her very first Sosenkyo and first time ever to be chosen in the Senbatsu members for the single “Ikinari Punch Line” that she is currently dashing up at a tremendous speed.

Suenaga’s strong willingness deep inside her big-Asian eyes, her bright smiles that never cease, her graceful manner and her signature silhouette of black long hair that comes down to her waist are something extraneous for SKE48 that can be “impressionable” thus her presence is shining as a classic-idol. This goes the same when she is on the stage. Suenaga’s attractiveness can be felt from her beautifully stretched arms and legs and each performances that are highly physical yet very true to the standard. Furthermore from the beginning of the show until she exits-off to the side of the stage, she always looks around the audience and makes an eye-contact one by one ever so passionately that it is known as Suenaga’s “laser beam”. One after the other, fans are burnt by her laser beam.

Ayaka Ota; who joined SKE at the same time as Suenaga and being her friend ever since also mentions Suenaga as “loved by everyone and very reliable”. Her faithful attitude towards practices are admired by both the elder and younger members of the team. Aya Shibata known to be the hardest worker out of SKE48 and also mentor at heart of Suenaga also praised her by mentioning; “She is so professional” that this has been proven in the hand-shaking events. Her polite attitude and cuteness are being in the top-class of popularity.
    On top of all, what has made Suenaga’s popularity unshakable is the “Seichi Onrei” where she visits places throughout the nation that have association with SKE48. This Seichi Onrei not only visits at the standard location such as Hazumisaki but this includes minor places that she only visited once for a TV program. Suenaga’s committed attitude has gained great respect from hard-core Otaku. Her Seichi Onrei still continues as of today which tells you how professional she is. Furthermore her reason of starting Seichi Onrei also attracting many fans greatly which was; “I just wanted to PR SKE48 by myself”.

Former member Sumire Sato also commented on Suenaga that; “As an idol, Suenaga has the most potential out of all SKE48” and we know this is not over exaggerated. Suenaga’s ability as an idol has not been created overnight. This has been established through her strenuous effort.
    Suenaga has been a fan of SKE48 from their 1st single “Tsuyokimono yo” and joined SKE48 in 2015 as 7th generation. At that time, lack of her “confidence” stood out from other members as she also admits herself in an interview. Long waited day of her debut, her position was at the end of a back row that she started off her career with feeling of vexation included in the mixed feeling of happiness and nervousness. Later that, she was selected for the first day member of the Research Members’ stage for several times but her performance was not constant that she was only called for once in two stages. Suenaga’s name was not on the list for other on-site stages, “AKB48 SHOW!” by NHK or any other events provided for Research Members. She did not complain but it is painful to understand how she had felt then.

On top of all this, there was a shocking incident occurred which casted a big shadow on Suenaga. It was a radio-show called “Welcome to SKE48 Ferries Wheel” within the event of “CBC Radio Summer Festival” held by CBC Radio. Every year, SKE48 has been invited to this event and at that time of the year, SKE48 has chosen Research Members for the participation. Suenaga’s heart was filled with expectation to finally stand on the big stage but a sudden news came in from her same generation that they have already ended their practice for the summer festival. Without any notice, Suenaga’s (as well as Rena Isshiki, Honoka Aikawa and Aina Wada) non-participation became concrete.
    Although her confidence lacks compared to the members from the same generation but nothing else was pale. That is why this news was shocking to her. She then later commented on her official blog and interview within the official mobile site looking back at that time; “I was disappointed and frustrated, every day was painful”. This incident has broken a heart of 13-year old girl but she has shifted this as a strength to move forward.

She voluntary practiced on weekends and when time allowed, she continued her Seichi Onrei which became one of her daily routine and always welcomed as much as she could to the fans who came for the hand-shaking events.

“Unkondon for unskilled me!” One day on her blog she wrote her feeling with her favorite word “Unkondon.” Unkondon is an old-saying with meaning of to gain success will need luck, patience and persistence. Suenaga has done as much as she could not only for her dream but her senior members, members in the same generation and her fans that are always thankful for Suenaga being part of their life.

This “Unkondon” slowly but surely came to fruition that she appeared in the stage of “How to drink Ramune” by K2 held on January 9th, 2016 as her first-time under-debut stage. She performed fully with her big smile and laser beam that many fans of SKE48 has “found” Ouka Suenaga.
    Following wind started to blow for Suenaga. More she appeared on stages, she made remarkable attention and increase of her popularity at hand-shaking events were unstoppable. Her supporting goods also recorded a huge sales as she continued SNS activities starting from Seichi Onrei. At the end of 2016, expectation in Suenaga were much talked about between hard-core fans but she did not flatter herself with this and steadily stepped forward one by one. She has no ego-minded. Masana Oya commented on her blog about Suenaga at that time; “She should be blooming many flowers from now on”. As Oya predicted, Suenaga’s bud gradually started to burst.
    Her bud started to put on color in middle of 2017. She was the only one from 7th generation to participate in the CBC Radio Summer Festival which she experienced bitterness two years ago and finally, she was able to overcome the long-standing memory. By the end of the year, she was selected to be the center of “Sawaranu Romance” as the coupling song of the single “Muishiki no Iro”. Furthermore in the beginning of the following year, for the first time ever for Suenaga to made it into the Senbatsu members for the “Ai no Moake” which was the coupling song for AKB48 single “Ja-Ba-Ja”.

Only Suenaga knows whether she had felt the acceleration but in her Tanjyosai held in this March to celebrate her 16th Birthday, she listed three wishes; “I wish many fans would come to the hand-shaking events”, “I wish to be selected in the Senbatsu members for SKE48 single” and “I wish and I will bring this year to be much much better than last year!” In the question of whether she is confident or not, she replied without hesitation and looking straight-ahead; “Yes! I’m confident”. Suenaga - the girl without confidence has declared ever so proudly. The moment has ripen at last.

She successfully hauled her dream by her own hands. Her hand-shaking events are continued to be crowded with many fans and with that popularity, she has made herself for the first time as a Senbatsu members in the single “Ikinari Punch Line”, she has won the glass shield that she has dreamt of in the Sosenkyo and colored the Nagoya Dome in Sakura-color glow sticks.

Mina Oba who shined on 8th in Sosenkyo made a speech boldly; “If you work hard, you can definitely make you dreams come true. If you don’t give up, you can come up to here!” Suenaga has proven Oba’s speech with her own experience that fantastic results awaits in ahead of the hardiness. Today, Suenaga is still brushing up herself strictly to weave a big garland.

Not all idols can walk on a path of a success. Members who experienced as a Senbatsu member from 7th generation can only be counted in one hand. Many are experiencing inner emotional conflict repeatedly. It is OK to back-off sometimes as long as you remain yourself. In that way, the flower will bloom someday. Suenaga’s presence and her experience surely gave hope to the future SKE48.

Written by: Shunsuke Taguchi

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  14. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    It happened again. The stars aligned and Ouchan did another Gundam showroom.
    (Mod edit: removed dead video link)

This time she cosplayed as a female Earth Federation soldier. She said that she'll wear this outfit at a handshake in the future.
    01+Frau+Bow+not+happy.jpg

Here are some gifs that someone kindly shared on the ske48matome:

https://i.imgur.com/exHdGpI.gifv
    https://i.imgur.com/lyBwTtl.gifv
    https://i.imgur.com/ifSlctH.gifv
    https://i.imgur.com/S9x4Cmc.gifv
    https://i.imgur.com/aOv4AUw.gifv

As you can see, Ouchan showed off more of her figures. She asked everyone to guess what mobile suits they were before saying what their names are.
    6bfbbf12.jpg
    Let's start with these two: the one on the left is the MS-05B Zaku I, which she calls the 旧ザク, or old Zaku. (Maybe I'd call it proto-Zaku?)
    Anyway, the MS-05B was the first mass-produced mobile suit in the UC universe, but it didn't get to see much action in the original anime until the end, when Zeon needed to bring these archaic suits to replace their losses.
    The currently airing Origin series shows how mobile suits were developed, so these older suits are getting a bit of a revival I guess.

The one on the right is obvious to anyone who's seen Gundam: it's the infamous Gouf popularized by Ramba Ral's bravado, and my favourite, so I was happy to see it. Ouchan praised Ramba Ral for a bit.

She showed off the White Base...
    ss+(2018-08-20+at+09.00.17) (1).jpg

And showed us Char's Zaku again, introducing it as the one that's chasing the White Base around.
    ss+(2018-08-20+at+08.58.28).jpg

She asked the stream who their favourite Gundam characters were. A lot of people seem to like Haman Karn, but Ouchan said that's too early! We're still doing the first series. It seems that the most popular character of the original series among the viewers that day was Kai Shiden.

She revealed the answer of the past quiz, which I wrote in my previous post about her showroom. I'm glad that I was right or it would have been embarrassing.

On to the current quiz:
    Who is the commander of the Papua-class supply ship? Hint: He pilots a Zaku I.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

^ I want to smash the like button 200 times on that post

16. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Ouchan did her third train-themed Showroom. I haven’t seen the other two, but a lot of people were happy.
    (Mod edit: removed dead video link)
    I’m not really into trains but it’s a cool little Showroom. She talks about the 500 series Shinkansen, a type of train she likes. She’s never gotten on it, and there’s a possibility it’ll go into retirement soon. There were collaborations with Hello Kitty and Evangelion where the train was respectively coated pink with ribbons and purple/green/orange.

As always, she had a quiz: What does this signal mean?
    ss+(2018-08-27+at+10.24.24).jpg
    I’m not sure, since Wikipedia tells me that the lights are white usually, but in most pictures they look a bit orange, so I’ll assume this answer is right:

It means to stop.

This stream was really cute since she used a lot of train related phrases, like welcome aboard, please don’t rush on the train (stream), the train’s already gone so please wait for the next one, etc. She later talked about coke since it was the sponsor at the Summer Station held in Roppongi recently and there’s a pink coke. She got three bottles and called them her oshicola and treated them as penlights. I don’t know much about Ouchan really so maybe there’s more to this coke story. The takoyaki and coke were “on sale” on her train.

Ouchan was part of the delegation sent to the Nagoya Grampus game yesterday. The following account took a really nice picture of her that I wanted to share.
    https://twitter.com/hasami16/status/1033638218250342400
    Dlg4eEMUcAED76t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    She’ll be cosplaying Roux Louka on 9/8 and an Earth Federation officer on 9/30. I told myself I had reached my limit for tickets this time but I flew to the ticket site when I heard the news. I’ll let you know how it goes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

19. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 2
  20. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei