1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sugahara Riko (Rittan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Besides the Romeo and Juliet acting, in which I have to admit she displayed a surprisingly wide range of emotions and a spot-on dramatic tempo, I also love the combination of the sakuranbo shirt and the shimauma jacket that she decided to wear for the audition. Good luck charms, perhaps...? (*´∀`)

[​IMG]
    (click on the image to jump to the Dailymotion mirror)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    One of the most expressive girls I've seen so far for this skit as well. Really well done, it gives a pretty unique picture how the characters are like in her interpretation.

3. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Riko is actually great in term of acted expressions based on her showrooms. Also, she can switch the characters pretty fast. Check her after 38:30 in both videos:
    Mod edit: removed dead video links
    Also:
    https://www.facebook.com/attuan/videos/10213096753915395/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/752271908171960/permalink/1445367398862404/

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2018
  4. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Rittan's SSK poster:
    5GL0xni.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Rittan's SSK Appeal Video

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    A little word of advice, but anyone who can should check out yesterday (August 2nd) LOD of Team G's show for Rittan's Mushi no Ballad. By all accounts, it seemed like it was an awesome performance in its own right. Members on Photolog (such as Miharu and Reinya, the latter of which should serve as enough of a guarantee) seemed unanimous in saying that her solo gave them goosebumps from how powerful her voice was, also.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    More stills from the song can be found here at the usual matome blog.

While I don't wish to subscribe to any fan speculation, all of this reminded me there is a particularly optimistic one which has been floating around for some time, claiming that the local management is apparently pushing to give Riko more solo parts, lately. For one thing, the decision to run as a soloist in last year's Janken tournament was revealed to be a request from Etsuro himself, as Riko herself told during a SR stream at the time, which means they are placing expectations on her to a certain degree. And now with this and Riko running again as solo even at this year's Janken tournament, it might as well be taken as a confirmation of these purported intentions.
    Likewise, even the inclusion of Riko in the Senbatsu lineup for the 4th single, too, seemed to have given credence to this notion, especially since it might as well be something unrelated to any results in the Sousenkyo but rather be a decision by the local management based mainly on Riko's own merits. But who knows in reality...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Linking back to what I have posted in the post above, I think it's my obligation to also share a clip of the performance itself for everyone's delight, now that I have found it available on the 'net. And it turns out it was a pretty solid rendition of Mushi no Ballad in every aspect of its execution, from the vocal department all the way to the dramatic acting that goes along with the lyrics. See it here for yourselves.

[​IMG]
    (click on the thumbnail to play the video, it's private for a reason)

A couple of days back, Maho already spoke at length on SR about all the efforts that Riko had poured into preparing for this performance, as well as the amazed reactions to it from the people (particularly the staff) who were present at the theater on that day, and I can now see how all her praises were well deserved.
    In the same praising manner, Rittan's Mushi no Ballad performance also came up as a topic on yesterday's Showroom by Gatanee, who also happened to perform in the same theater show on that day. And I think she was right in saying that Rittan has something of a switch inside of herself which turns on once she steps on the stage, and the difference there is between this stage self and the Riko that people are normally used to seeing might leave many people in awe, especially for those who are only familiar with the latter.
    One thing I previously didn't know is that Riko has apparently an interest in stage acting and more specifically Takarazuka, which she has apparently taken after her older sister and which might be where she got her inspiration for giving a more "musical actress" feel to her performances, as Gatanee put it.
    I also like how Gatanee concluded this talk in the most encouraging of ways, "Of course, I still wish her to carry on being an idol, but I wish her to go on and become also a musical actress, for that matter". Speaking of which, her acting as Mercutio in the Romeo and Juliet play was brought up as another example at this point, with the general consensus being that she proved to be extremely good in playing in this role.
    The Romeo and Juliet is supposed to be broadcast on August 19, and personally it makes me all the more curious to see how she pulled off her part.

From what I have seen based on the performance by various members, one of the merits of Mushi no Ballad is that, even among AKB's strictly solo songs, this is one that lends itself quite naturally to personal interpretations and rearrangements. Rather than everyone trying their best to be like the original performer (Okaro in this case), they are free to make it an unique act by infusing it with their own style instead (also, the high customizability of the costumes also works toward this goal). And I think Riko did really great in her own right, even on her first foray. Here's hoping more chances like this will follow up soon.

To close it off, here's one more photo of Rittan in the Mushi no Ballad outfit from Photolog (speaking of which, the tilted hat covering one of her eyes? It seems that was an idea of hers...) and also a little fanart of her.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sources:
    https://twitter.com/NGT48photolog2/status/1025571070240116737
    https://twitter.com/penguin5327/status/1025576548194086914

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Rittan has once again made Janken (Her 3rd Consecutive Janken). That would be most Appearance for an NGT48 Member right?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I really hope this will be Riko's lucky year to get the solo debut she was dreaming of. Third time is the charm.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Rittan's Mushi no Ballad legacy lives on, and deservedly so.

if the video does not show watch the video here

So yes, Riko's original performance of Mushi no Ballad evidently enjoyed a very good reception the first time (*), and to attest to this fact, she has decided to sing it live again during today's handshake event, at NGT48's special stage corner.

Going by what the fans reported on Twitter (like here), before this segment the members first competed in a game of janken between themselves, in which the winner would have had the opportunity to sing her song of choice as the center. And luck had it that the winner was indeed Riko.

By the way, this time around, we also had Maho, Moeka, Noe, Ainya, Reinya and Mau to serve as her backdancers (erm, if I may actually call them so...). Also worthy of note is that, presumably to make up for the lack of a LED screen in the background like the dedicated one they have at the theater, the girls also went ahead and improvised the wings part themselves with their own personal choreography, at the end of it. Pretty nice of them.

Like before, to me this is another nice demonstration of Rittan's firm command of her siging voice, as well as talent as a soloist. And with Riko advancing to the Janken Tournament's finals as a solo contestant, I say there couldn't be a better timing to show this off than right now.

Other videos from Twitter, they are essentially recordings of the same segment, except taken from different viewpoints from the crowd (some of the angles are actually more optimal than in the YT video above, too, so give them a watch):

---

* Just to add to the list of appreciations she received from the other members during these days, I found out that Rittan's Mushi no Ballad was also brought up more recently by Katomina, in her August 6th SR stream, while telling how she watched the video several times while she was having a bath on the day before. In the same way as others did, she commented that the theater performance gave her goosebumps from how cool she was at it. She said she wished she could've been there at the time to watch it live, and also suggested all fans to go and watch it on DMM.
    Very grateful for the shout-out, Katomina. ( ´∀`)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

13. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Omg i've always found Rittan the cutest in NGT, with her almost anime/elvish like appearance and energetic dancing, and now, to find out that she can sing too :corr:this girl is a golden egg!

But seriously, only 2 pages on this thread? I wish management and fans would give her more attention

14. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    She can also act well ;)

15. Firstky

Firstky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishikawa Rei
    Twitter:
    Firstky_
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    ^ Oh, Rittan and Negai got to know each other thanks to the Romeo & Juliet stageplay of Gekidan Renacchi, actually, and it seems they have been keeping in touch ever since.
    I'll keep this short, but in the letter for the Seitansai, Negai told she was pretty impressed when she first saw Riko handle so smoothly the script and the facial expressions of a character such as Mercutio, since until them she had an image of Rittan as fluffy, quirky, and being the quintessential idol.
    Eventually, this led them to introduce themselves, helping out each other with practicing their lines during the rehearsals for the play, and going eating out together on their free time in between.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Firstky

Firstky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishikawa Rei
    Twitter:
    Firstky_
    • Like Like x 1
  18. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    It was just the 1st day ranking. After tomorrow, she will likely be eliminated :(

19. Firstky

Firstky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishikawa Rei
    Twitter:
    Firstky_
    Tomorrow is for AKB & SKE

I think for the 3rd day Will be all qualification then final

Yeah I agreed that Rittan only have little chance to pass for next qualification :(

but still, today is a worth achievement for her

Sent from my TA-1021 using Tapatalk

20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu