1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sugai Yuuka (Yukka) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In this photo, who are Yukkaa and Fuu-chan doing impressions of?

wpid-mobRvoyxi_600web.jpg

keyaki46_40_05_600web.jpg

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I sometimes think Yukka looks a bit like a very beautiful horse. But she also looks like a pretty cat:

mobhbMy4Z_Z600web.jpg

Check out my blog post on members who would like to be centre someday...and that includes Yukka.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NogiFan

NogiFan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I want Tomu to be on the Keyakitte, Kakenai? show so bad.

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A fan at Saturday's handshake event gave Yukka a great flower arrangement featuring sunflowers:

mobf8Dbeh_600web.jpg

She took it home for Tom to enjoy, too:

mob5NshYo.jpg

Note Tom's name on the arrangement, and also the Hello Kitty! balloon, a not-so-subtle reference to the episode of KeyaKake where a member said she was surprised to see that the twenty-year-old Yukka wore Hello Kitty! panties. Yukka denied it, but the myth was born.

By the way, does anyone else recognize the European-style furniture that was in the photos she sent to the TV show before the members even appeared? That and her riding were where the more important myth of Yukka being from a rich family was born. Not all myths are untrue, lol.

I read somewhere that Yukka is in fact an excellent rider, and was headed for national competitions. No wonder her team captain was so upset with her for dropping competitive riding and becoming an idol.

Photos of the outfits Yukka wore Saturday are in this post.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

yes Yuuka got an excellent horseback riding background and she ranked 9th place in an competition in 2014.
    Her school ranked 4th place in the overall competition.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

source :

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4550786014

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  6. gaboen

gaboen Kenkyuusei

no wonder she got scolded on skipping lesson for audition. she's basically their best rider!

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thanks, CutePanda! And I love how Yukka is referred to by Chinese fans: 大小姐 da xiaojie. Not sure what the best translation is: “big young lady," "eldest daughter (of a high-class family)"?

Will she move from the front rank of riders to the front rank of Keyakizaka46? Will these two be together there next week (or the week after, or in the fall)?

mobUFu2l5.jpg

EDIT: I just read part of the Wikipedia entry about her university:
    "Gakushuuin University (学習院大学 Gakushuuin Daigaku) is a private university in Mejiro, Toshima Ward, Tokyo. The privatized successor to the original Gakushuuin University (or "Peers School"), it was established during the Meiji era to educate the children of the Japanese nobility. It was re-established after World War II as an affiliate of the Gakushuuin School Corporation. It is still one of the most prestigious universities in Japan, counting most of the members of the present Imperial Family among its former or present students. The average number of students is capped so that each student can receive personal attention from the staff." (If I were in Japan, maybe I wouldn't feel right mentioning all this. Maybe Japanese fans all know this and just don't say. And pardon me for checking, but I discovered that Princess Mako did not go there.)

So, her demure denials to the contrary, Yukka may not just be the daughter of a rich family, but of an aristocratic one. She certainly acts like it...in the good way of graciousness rather than the bad way of pride. That and her success as a rider make her decision to be an idol an even bigger step. Her serious apology to the camera (i.e., to her teammates and coaches) in an early episode of KeyaKake makes more and more sense.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  8. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

There's nothing wrong with stating what university they go to if you were in Japan. It's very common knowledge among fans in Japan what universities idols go to

Btw, princess mako goes to ICU, which also happens to be where I went to study abroad at, it's a very nice school!

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

(1) Good to hear there's nothing wrong with saying. And (2) thanks for the info and lucky you!

Are fans cool enough not to bother idols at school, and not to stake out their schools for glimpses?

Am I right in thinking that this page shows info that Princess Kako -- who did/does go to Gakushuuin University and is younger than her sister Princess Mako but one year older than Yukka -- was Yukka's horse Wolfram's former rider (or perhaps owner)? Or does it just say she was Yukka's senpai?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The Hustle Press photobook featuring Yukkaa and Tom comes out today. The Hustle Press site has a second "making of" video for the session, as well as a few more photos:

if the video does not show watch the video here

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

At this weekend's handshake event, Yukkaa's maid costume was the hit of the show. Some commenters joked/speculated that she had borrowed it from home. No, she and Habu both got them from a cosplay supply store, it appears.

mobEffzd9_600web.jpg

The sign behind was made by fans and was in place at her booth when she arrived. She was so surprised and thanked them profusely.

The words on it are kind of complicated. The pink words start with a quote from the Keyakizaka46 pre-event group chant: "Shining brightly." Then "Sugai Yuuka."

The yellow words are an ancient quote (from Chinese, originally), the name of one of a group of brothers who was known as the best of a good group. You might translate the name "Horsegood Whitebrow." Those are the literal words. But the story is of an ancient family (the Horsegood family) with several brothers, all of whom were outstanding, but the one with white hair in his eyebrows was the best of them. Maybe the people who made the banner were even using the white hair to hint at the fact that Sugai is the eldest in K46.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  12. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Two-tone black and white suits her black hair and brightening skin, and gosh, what a beautiful posture!

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yukka will appear Friday night on a show about promising Japanese Olympic athletes. She will help introduce equestrianism (horse riding) to the audience.

She says in her blog she has hoped to get a chance to let people know the appeal of equestrianism, and is surprised and delighted that a chance has come so soon.

I'm not sure whether she will do more than model the outfit, but she will at least help make up for leaving the field by promoting it.

14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thanks for posting the video, CutePanda. As it turned out, Sugai-San was just about the whole show, explaining a lot about horse-riding, and conveying a lot of her tremendous charm.

Here's another address with a log of screen caps: http://toriizaka46.jp/keyakizaka46/34128/

She talked about riding, about how to judge a horse's mood, how to groom them, what to give them as treats, etc., etc. She showed her great knowledge of them, as well as her charming presence and brilliant smile. Great publicity for equestrianism, for Keyakiza46, and for Yukka herself.

16. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Sugai-sama is so beautiful. Nice to see her riding horse for real. Incidentally, her twin sister made an appearance during commercial break. Can't help to see the resemblance.
    yuuka2.PNG sayaka.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

18. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

Sugai-sama is so graceful and beautiful as always :3

But I'm dying over here whenever the narrator (Wakamoto Norio!:worthy: ) speaks :lol:

19. BerryLove

BerryLove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I'm gonna just leave this here... :shifty:

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Ahhh....close... but not a proper 2-shot picture, too bad.

• Agree Agree x 1